Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 181927 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »
I agree, no one should be offended because someone wears a t-shirt saying your life is a waste if you don't believe in Jesus

I can't imagine why anyone would be offended by that

I also can't imagine why a school adminstrator would care some of it's students offended or it might potentially cause problems between students

who gives a shit

it's not like it's their job to worry about stuff like that

Bout time you started talking some sense.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
What does loco call Canada?  America's retarded little brother?  Even they engage in liberal censorship. 

School Says “Jesus” Shirt is Hate Speech
May 4, 2012
By Todd Starnes

A Canadian high school student was suspended for a week because wore a t-shirt promoting his Christian beliefs and he was told if he wears it again – he could be suspended for the remainder of the school year.

William Swinimer, a student at Forest Heights Community School in Nova Scotia, was punished for wearing a shirt that read, “Life is wasted without Jesus.” The shirt is a reference to a passage of Scripture from the New Testament.

Swinimer told Fox News that he was told the shirt was a form of “hate talk.”

“I’ve been told by my principal that it is hate talk and is disrespectful to other people’s religions,” Swinimer said. “She said it (the shirt) cannot be in school because people would get offended.”

Nancy Pynch-Worthylake, the school board superintendent, told The Canadian Press that the wording on the shirt is “problematic.”

“If I have an expression that says, ‘My life is enhanced with Jesus,’ then there’s no issue with that, everybody is able to quickly understand that that’s my opinion about my own belief,” she told the newspaper. “If the shirt were to say, ‘Without Jesus, your life is a complete waste,’ then that’s clear that it is an opinion aimed at somebody else’s belief.”

Swinimer confirmed that he had been disciplined a number of times for wearing shirts with religious references.

“I’ve found that they have dissed Christianity quite a bit,” he said. “I do not want to be disrespectful of anybody else’s religions. I don’t want to put down anybody’s opinions. All I want to do is stand up for rights and freedoms of Canadians.”

The school does not have a dress code and Swinimer said students wear a variety of t-shirts. But he said for whatever reason, his Christian shirts seem to get him sent to the office.
“They treat other religions differently than they do Christianity,” he said. “The staff and principal and school board have been very hostile toward Christianity.”

But, he said, they promote other religions in the school.

“If they can pick on Christians in this school, what can they pick next?” he wondered. “Christianity in that school is not being treated the same way. I’m being discriminated against because of my religion.”

Swinimer attends Jesus the Good Shepherd Church, a Pentecostal congregation in Nova Scotia. Pastor Varrick Day told Fox News he is proud of his young parishioner.

“I’m very proud he’s standing up,” Day said. “I think he’s being bullied by the staff at the school and by the school board.”

Day called the suspension outrageous and said he hoped it would awaken other Christians across the nation.

“It’s not about the t-shirt,” he said. “This is what our forefathers fought and died for – this freedom of speech and religion.”

School officials told Swinimer that if he returned to school wearing the shirt, he would be suspended for the remainder of the school year.

“I plan to wear that t-shirt Monday, he said. “Not because I want to be disrespectful, not because I want to defy anybody, but because I believe this is the right thing to do.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-says-jesus-shirt-is-hate-speech.html

School is right, title of article is wrong, boy misinterpreted why he should not wear the shirt, superintendent is right, etc

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
I agree, no one should be offended because someone wears a t-shirt saying your life is a waste if you don't believe in Jesus

Right

I also can't imagine why a school adminstrator would care some of it's students offended or it might potentially cause problems between students

it's not like it's their job to worry about stuff like that

Wrong, It is their job to worry about stuff like that. Lots of constitutional cases in the past over stuff like that. Remember the bong hits for Jesus case?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
Right

Wrong, It is their job to worry about stuff like that. Lots of constitutional cases in the past over stuff like that. Remember the bong hits for Jesus case?

I was being sarcastic

I personally have no problem with the tshirt and also no problem if an administrator has an issue with it and tells him he can't wear it at school

btw - this was in Canada so I doubt US Supreme court decisions matter much to them

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »
I was being sarcastic

I personally have no problem with the tshirt and also no problem if an administrator has an issue with it and tells him he can't wear it at school

btw - this was in Canada so I doubt US Supreme court decisions matter much to them

ah, didn't even see that. Good point. I just assumed it was given the title of this thread, fox news, etc.

My bad.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
I have a few close friends in the military and working in the defense industry at high levels who cited many examples of conservative bias and liberal demonization and they are for the most part conservatives themselves.  Much of it subtle and much of it in casual conversation and some of it the "old boys club" mentality that seeps into things like reviews.   I agree that there is no place for dissension in our military and really don't have too much of a problem of it being dominated by conservatives, however, to say there isn't an existing bias that makes it harder for outward liberal is fantasy.

Talked to my buddy about this subject.  He said he doesn't really see any liberal demonization.  He doesn't think liberals get discriminated when it comes to promotions.  Only way it could happen with senior NCOs and with officers is if the person rating the Soldier has some kind of bias.  Still, would be hard to justify a poor evaluation if the Soldier is performing well. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2012, 06:57:35 PM »
School is right, title of article is wrong, boy misinterpreted why he should not wear the shirt, superintendent is right, etc

How is the title wrong?  He said the principal told him the shirt was "hate talk."  "Hate talk" = "hate speech." 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »
Talked to my buddy about this subject.  He said he doesn't really see any liberal demonization.  He doesn't think liberals get discriminated when it comes to promotions.  Only way it could happen with senior NCOs and with officers is if the person rating the Soldier has some kind of bias.  Still, would be hard to justify a poor evaluation if the Soldier is performing well. 

Talked to 3 others myself, 2 thought like you. 

Eitherway I do agree about liberal bias in e schools case.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »

Fred Armisen currently does his best Barack Obama on SNL
The Daily Caller has obtained a scrapped sketch critical of President Barack Obama that was intended for airing at the opening of last night’s “Saturday Night Live” on NBC.

In the skit, President Obama addresses Americans soon after the first anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden — and he makes sure to remind viewers that all credit for the raid on the terrorist leader’s compound belongs to him.

“I hope you had a safe and joyous first anniversary of his killing,” the president, portrayed by Fred Armisen, begins.

“Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to be at home this year, as I had to fly to Afghanistan, to remind President Karzai that, exactly one year ago, we killed Osama bin Laden, and that the decision to do so was a gutsy one,” the president continues. “And was mine.”

The president then outlines what gifts are appropriate on the anniversaries of “Killing Osama bin Laden Day,” and reminds his audience that “heavy drinking, and Killing Osama bin Laden Day, are never a good combination.”

The full text of the skit, which was authored by comedian Jim Downey, is viewable below. It is not clear why the skit was scrapped.

The real President Obama has faced harsh criticism in recent weeks for allegedly politicizing bin Laden’s death by taking too much credit for the operation that killed him.

Instead of the skit, NBC opted instead to air a parody of Fox News Channel’s “Fox and Friends.” That skit, which also featured Armisen, mocked Fox News personalities by portraying them as clueless partisans.

“Shame on President Barack Obama, who is running a campaign ad that argues that Mitt Romney would not have made the decision to launch the raid,” said Taran Killam, who portrayed Fox personality Steve Doocy.

“I can name one person who wouldn’t have launched that raid: Barack Obama!” Bobby Moynihan, playing Fox host Brian Kilmeade, interjected.

Follow Gregg on Twitter

Obama Address Cold Open – May 6, 2012

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
I just watched the video.  If that's considered "hate speech," then there's going to be a whole of censorship going on.  Click the link to see the video. 

Not Tricked This Time: YouTube Pulls Video Critical of Gay Rights Extremists
By Matthew Sheffield | May 18, 2012

In a victory for gay rights extremists, YouTube has agreed to remove a video critical of Canadian laws concerning homosexuality from its website, even though the video discusses policy issues and does not use any derogatory language about gays and does not advocate violence against them.

The video created May 16 by preacher and hard rock drummer Bradlee Dean to accompany his weekly column published by WorldNet Daily and other news outlets, exposes facts about the hatred and oppression directed at conservative Christians and opponents of gay marriage in Canada by the radical Left toward people of faith, those who hold to traditional marriage. The video also details a solemn warning to American’s to get vocal on the issue or prepare for the cultural overhaul under way in Canada.

Among the shocking examples of how gay rights extremists are using hate speech laws to silence conservatives is a ruling by a Canadian official that Christian parents who home-school their children can not teach their children that homosexuality is a sin.

Within 2 hours, the video was taken offline by YouTube after it was flagged by a discriminatory individual for “hate speech.”

The video now appears in its original version on MRCTV.

While conservatives are often victimized by the Left's abuse of automated “flag spam” filters, in this case it appears that YouTube personnel were directly involved in removing the video. This is the text of the email YouTube sent to Bradlee informing him of YouTube's decision to remove the video:

The YouTube Community has flagged one or more of your videos as inappropriate. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed by the YouTube Team against our Community Guidelines. Upon review, we have determined that the following video(s) contain content in violation of these guidelines, and have been disabled: Homosexual Marriage (WARNING!) Look to Canada – (BdeanSonsofLiberty). For more information on YouTube's Community Guidelines and how they are enforced, please visit the help center.

Nothing in Bradlee's video violated YouTube's Community Guidelines. Here is the video, you can watch it yourself:

Those guidelines include this statement:

We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).”
Bradlee's video did not attack or demean gays – it addressed serious policy questions raised by actual events and political decisions in Canada. By taking Bradlee's video offline, YouTube has shown its commitment to “defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view” isn't all that strong when it comes to defending the right of people opposed to gay marriage.

No matter what you think of gay marriage, people who think it's wrong have just as much of a right to oppose it as the Occupiers to do be against banks or the Iraq war. You don't have to be against gay marriage to think the removal of Bradlee's clip was wrong. Tolerance ought to run both ways.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/05/18/not-tricked-time-youtube-pulls-video-critical-gay-rights-extremis

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2012, 04:47:36 PM »
I just watched the video.  If that's considered "hate speech," then there's going to be a whole of censorship going on.  Click the link to see the video. 

Not Tricked This Time: YouTube Pulls Video Critical of Gay Rights Extremists
By Matthew Sheffield | May 18, 2012

In a victory for gay rights extremists, YouTube has agreed to remove a video critical of Canadian laws concerning homosexuality from its website, even though the video discusses policy issues and does not use any derogatory language about gays and does not advocate violence against them.

The video created May 16 by preacher and hard rock drummer Bradlee Dean to accompany his weekly column published by WorldNet Daily and other news outlets, exposes facts about the hatred and oppression directed at conservative Christians and opponents of gay marriage in Canada by the radical Left toward people of faith, those who hold to traditional marriage. The video also details a solemn warning to American’s to get vocal on the issue or prepare for the cultural overhaul under way in Canada.

Among the shocking examples of how gay rights extremists are using hate speech laws to silence conservatives is a ruling by a Canadian official that Christian parents who home-school their children can not teach their children that homosexuality is a sin.

Within 2 hours, the video was taken offline by YouTube after it was flagged by a discriminatory individual for “hate speech.”

The video now appears in its original version on MRCTV.

While conservatives are often victimized by the Left's abuse of automated “flag spam” filters, in this case it appears that YouTube personnel were directly involved in removing the video. This is the text of the email YouTube sent to Bradlee informing him of YouTube's decision to remove the video:

The YouTube Community has flagged one or more of your videos as inappropriate. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed by the YouTube Team against our Community Guidelines. Upon review, we have determined that the following video(s) contain content in violation of these guidelines, and have been disabled: Homosexual Marriage (WARNING!) Look to Canada – (BdeanSonsofLiberty). For more information on YouTube's Community Guidelines and how they are enforced, please visit the help center.

Nothing in Bradlee's video violated YouTube's Community Guidelines. Here is the video, you can watch it yourself:

Those guidelines include this statement:

We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).”
Bradlee's video did not attack or demean gays – it addressed serious policy questions raised by actual events and political decisions in Canada. By taking Bradlee's video offline, YouTube has shown its commitment to “defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view” isn't all that strong when it comes to defending the right of people opposed to gay marriage.

No matter what you think of gay marriage, people who think it's wrong have just as much of a right to oppose it as the Occupiers to do be against banks or the Iraq war. You don't have to be against gay marriage to think the removal of Bradlee's clip was wrong. Tolerance ought to run both ways.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/05/18/not-tricked-time-youtube-pulls-video-critical-gay-rights-extremis
I have had videos of mine flagged.  It sucks but Youtube is well within their rights to do so.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »
I have had videos of mine flagged.  It sucks but Youtube is well within their rights to do so.

Who said they didn't?  They're a private entity and can do whatever the heck they want.  That's not the point. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »
Who said they didn't?  They're a private entity and can do whatever the heck they want.  That's not the point. 
So quit your bitching.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
So quit your bitching.

Ah shut the heck up.  I'll post whatever I want.   :-*

And if you don't like it, don't read it. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
Ah shut the heck up.  I'll post whatever I want.   :-*

And if you don't like it, don't read it. 
I was just funning, but my point still stands.  Youtube can remove whatever they want so I don`t understand any "outrage" associated with that story.  I notice that most of the Old Dixie songs are getting flagged as racist when there is nothing racist about them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »
I was just funning, but my point still stands.  Youtube can remove whatever they want so I don`t understand any "outrage" associated with that story.  I notice that most of the Old Dixie songs are getting flagged as racist when there is nothing racist about them.

It's about the fact they deem speech that opposes the homosexual lifestyle and homosexual marriage on religious grounds as "hateful."  That kind of viewpoint will eventually make it's way into our books. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »
It's about the fact they deem speech that opposes the homosexual lifestyle and homosexual marriage on religious grounds as "hateful."  That kind of viewpoint will eventually make it's way into our books. 
I still don`t understand why people consider the various Confederate Flags as "hateful" either.  I have never seen it in a textbook, but that is popular sentiment, especially among most blacks.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »
I still don`t understand why people consider the various Confederate Flags as "hateful" either.  I have never seen it in a textbook, but that is popular sentiment, especially among most blacks.

you really can't figure that out

you're smart enough to understand symbolism

come on man

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
you really can't figure that out

you're smart enough to understand symbolism

come on man
Many blacks fought under that flag willingly.  Also, the Largest Slave Holder in NC at one time was John Carruthers Stanley, a Black man in New Bern, NC.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »
Many blacks fought under that flag willingly.  Also, the Largest Slave Holder in NC at one time was a Black man in New Bern, NC.

and how do those two examples change what both many whites and most black feel when they see the confederate flag

You know enough about the horror of the civil war, slavery, etc... to fully understand why the Confederate flag would be considered by many to be a symbol of hate, repression, and violence (and not only against blacks)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
and how do those two examples change what both many whites and most black feel when they see the confederate flag

You know enough about the horror of the civil war, slavery, etc... to fully understand why the Confederate flag would be considered by many to be a symbol of hate, repression, and violence (and not only against blacks)
Only an ignorant person would consider it as a symbol of hate.  Someone who does not know history whatsoever.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »
Only an ignorant person would consider it as a symbol of hate.  Someone who does not know history whatsoever.

two can play at that  game

only an ignorant person would not see it as symbol of hate

only a really dishonest person would pretend not to understand why it is symbol of hate

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/n-c-teacher-tells-student-he-could-be-arrested-for-talking-badly-about-obama

Dear god are you libs a bunch of twats.

A liberal teacher trying to silence opposing viewpoints?  No way.   ::)  This is a true liberal hallmark:  silence dissent. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2012, 10:55:36 PM »
Stupid, stupid post.

You've really outdone yourself with this one.

G