Author Topic: Cheney Slams Obama's 'Politicized' Probe of CIA Interrogations  (Read 2460 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
'He took the spotlight': 9/11 families angry over Obama's handling of Bin Laden's death
Daily Mail (UK) ^ | May 6,2011 | Daily Mail (UK) reporter

When he visited Ground Zero today, President Obama kept the ceremony deliberately low key to fend off suggestions he was revelling in the death of Osama Bin Laden.

But that hasn't stop some relatives of the 9/11 victims criticising him for his 'self-congratulatory' handling of the killing.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

I dont need to commit violence against people to defeat them.  Other ways to do it.   

Same way - I helped get Bama/Holders' horrible plan to hold the KSM trial in NYC tossed, same way we beat bama on the GZ mosque, etc etc.   

Now - if someone committs violence against me - its on.       

So if Osma Bin Laden walk by your house you would try to win a argumentation with him?
Are you sure you not a liberal?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Terror Expert Marc Thiessen: Barack Obama Eliminated Interrogation Tool His Second Day
gatewaypundit ^ | Jim Hoft

Terror expert and author Marc Thiessen told Bill O’Reilly tonight that Obama eliminated the enhanced interrogation tool from our counter-terrorism arsenal his second day in office.

So the tool that got us the information that led us to Osama Bin Laden is no longer in use. The US has not cpatured and detained and tinterrogated a single high level detainee since Barack Obama moved into office.

(Excerpt) Read more at gatewaypundit.rightnetwo rk.com ...

Does this guy call himself a 'Terror Expert' or is this some Fox came up with?
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Look him up.   

and he is dead right on this.  obama's victory laps on this is beyond a joke. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Marc Thiessen speech writer for bush,looks to me like a expert potato chip eater  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Marc Thiessen speech writer for bush,looks to me like a expert potato chip eater  ;D

Does not change the fact that your messiah campaigned against the very things that got Bin Laden.   

Bama taking victory laps on this ids really unseemly.   His communist ass had to be dragged off the golf course to check in on what was going on.   This is all the work of the CIA/Seals/Panetta/Hillary etc.    for MAObama to take credit is ridiculous.     

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Does not change the fact that your messiah campaigned against the very things that got Bin Laden.   

Bama taking victory laps on this ids really unseemly.   His communist ass had to be dragged off the golf course to check in on what was going on.   This is all the work of the CIA/Seals/Panetta/Hillary etc.    for MAObama to take credit is ridiculous.     

he's no terror expert just another right wing hack

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The Justice Department must drop prosecutions of CIA interrogators in post-9/11 terrorism cases
Editorials

Monday, May 9th 2011, 4:00 AM

The U.S. government could still proceed with prosecutions against the CIA interrogators whose work contributed to finding Osama Bin Laden.

Editorial: Prosecuting protectorsWe're letting Bin Laden winCIA bungled Qaeda watchSafety of SEALs my main worry during mission: Obama
Ready to go through the looking glass?

Despite the heroic success of just one week ago, in which American intelligence and military might combined to kill the biggest enemy of civilized society, the U.S. government could still proceed with prosecutions against the CIA interrogators whose work contributed to that victory.

Compare and contrast the mixed messages.

Message one: When announcing Osama Bin Laden's killing, President Obama said, "We give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome."

Message two: On Tuesday, CIA Director Leon Panetta admitted that the agency's use of "enhanced interrogation techniques against some of those [suspected terrorist] detainees" played a role in tracking Bin Laden down.

Message three: In August, Attorney General Eric Holder appointed a prosecutor to investigate alleged CIA interrogation abuses - a move that could lead to charges against some of the very people who helped get Bin Laden.

Message four: Career federal prosecutors had closed a probe of the same matter with a no-action recommendation.

It matters not whether the agents in question contributed a little or a lot to Bin Laden's death. They did their best at a time when the United States was horrified by the prospect of another attack to safeguard their fellow Americans.

Laud them, don't pursue them.

Drop the damn prosecutions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2011/05/09/2011-05-09_stop_hunting_osama_hunters.html?print=1&page=all

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/05/05/burlingame_after_meeting_with_obama_he_turned_his_back_on_me.html

Burlingame After Meeting With Obama: He Turned His Back On Me
Related Videos | expand

Debra Burlingame, the sister of Chip Burlingame (pilot of the plane that crashed into the Pentagon) met with President Obama today, along with other families who were victims of 9/11. Burlingame said she confronted Obama about Attorney General Eric Holder prosecuting the men who interrogated KSM, which may have produced intelligence leading us to bin Laden.

Burlingame describes the encounter with Obama: "As a former attorney I know you can't tell the Attorney General what to do, he said, 'No, I can't.' But I said 'we -- that shouldn't stop you from giving your opinion. We wouldn't be here today if they hadn't done their jobs. Can't you at least give them your opinion.' And he said 'no I won't,' and he turned around and walked away."
________________________ ________________________ ____________________-

Alright thats it.   Fuck obama, screw this piece of shit.   I'm sick of this.   Bama only did what he was forced to do in this knowing had he not made the call it would have gotten out and his ass would have been impeached or removed pursuant to 25th amend. 

Seriously - fuck him and everyone who still supports this pofs admn.     

what a nut job you are

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Cheney Slams Obama's 'Politicized' Probe of CIA Interrogations
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2011, 09:19:41 AM »
I think Obama and the Justice Department have a small problem on their hands.   :)

Cheney: Justice Probe of CIA Interrogators an 'Outrage'
Published May 08, 2011
FoxNews.com

In this Oct. 21, 2009, file photo, former Vice President Dick Cheney speaks at the Center for Security Policy dinner at Union Station in Washington.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday it's an "outrage" the Obama administration continues to investigate CIA agents who interrogated terror suspects, claiming they did nothing wrong and expressing concern about the precedent it sets.

Cheney weighed in on the probe after several Republicans and other ex-officials have renewed their call for the Justice Department to drop the investigation -- launched nearly two years ago by Attorney General Eric Holder -- in light of the killing of Usama bin Laden.

Though it's unclear what role so-called enhanced interrogation played in finding bin Laden, Cheney told "Fox News Sunday" the techniques probably "contributed" and suggested the circumstances make the Justice probe all the more unsettling.

"It's unfortunate," Cheney said. "These men deserve to be decorated. They don't deserve to be prosecuted."

Cheney noted there was a "complete investigation" during the Bush administration that concluded the agents had not violated the law. He said the decision by Holder to reopen that case and hand it over to a special prosecutor sets a "terrible precedent."

"These are government employees. They did nothing wrong, as best as any of us knows," Cheney told "Fox News Sunday." "It is an outrage that we would go after the people who deserve the credit for keeping us safe for seven and a half years."

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld also said Sunday that the Obama administration should set the CIA probe "aside" and move on, calling it a "most unfortunate thing."

"These people were operating at the direction of the president. They were doing things that had been approved by the Department of Justice," Rumsfeld said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "And it sends a chill throughout the government."

The investigation has been kept under wraps since Holder first announced it, and it's unclear how far along it's come. The sister of a Sept. 11 victim said Thursday that President Obama turned down her request to advise Holder to drop the probe.

Asked about the investigation Sunday, National Security Adviser Tom Donilon told "Fox News Sunday" he could not comment on the probe itself. But he praised the work of the intelligence community in helping track bin Laden.

"I have the highest regard for our intelligence professionals," he said.

Like other Obama administration officials, Donilon downplayed the role of enhanced interrogation techniques, including waterboarding, in tracking bin Laden. He said the CIA-led Navy SEALs raid last weekend on his compound was the result of a "mosaic of information" and stressed that techniques like waterboarding have no place in interrogators' arsenal.

"Our judgment is that it's not consistent with our values ... and not necessary in terms of getting the kind of intelligence that we need," he told "Fox News Sunday."

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the architect of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, was interrogated with the enhanced interrogation techniques when he was captured in 2003. Months after being waterboarded, he acknowledged knowing one of Al Qaeda's most important couriers -- who eventually led the U.S. to bin Laden -- but denied that he was of any importance.

The question is how big a role the waterboarding and other techniques played in persuading Mohammed, and others, to cooperate.

Cheney on Sunday said it appeared early leads came out of the program and again called for the interrogation techniques to be reinstated.

"It was a good program. It was a legal program. It was not torture," Cheney said. "If it were my call, I'd have that program ready to go."

Cheney said that with those techniques taken "off the table," it's not clear whether there's a reliable interrogation program that could be used if another high-value detainee with crucial information is captured.

Still, Cheney gave Obama "high marks" for his handling of the bin Laden raid.

"I think you've got to give him a lot of credit for making the decision to have the SEAL team 6 conduct the raid that got bin Laden," Cheney said. "It's no question that was his responsibility and I think he handled it well."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/08/cheney-justice-probe-cia-interrogators-outrage/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2011, 09:21:21 AM »
Beach - can you merge my Debra Burlingame thread with this? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 09:28:27 AM »
Beach - can you merge my Debra Burlingame thread with this? 

Done.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Done.

Cool.   this is the same issue and I like bigger threads than smaller threads that get sidetracked. 

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
I wish there were studies that showed how effective these advanced torturing techniques are...