Author Topic: Who is considered the greater all time BB, Nasser or Kevin ?  (Read 56098 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Re: Who is considered the greater all time BB, Nasser or Kevin ?
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
It's not as though he'd win then completely drop, he was very consistent with 29 top 3 placings in 31 consecutive shows over 4 years (with the other two being 4th places).  Before that he was an up-commer for his first four-five years as a pro and afterwards his placings dropped as he came closer to retirement.  

Nasser is open about his few visits to the hospital and shares them with the public as he is not ashamed of it at all.  Just because Yates has not come out and discussed any health issues he had in the past does not mean he's healthier.  None of us can say who is healthier today between the two of them.

He didn't plan on retiring - he was forced to due to the multiple health issues he was facing.

If he had been smart he would have focused his attention on 1-2 shows rather than trying to compete all over the place. He spent a majority of his best years within the top 5. While that is commendable its hardly in the same league as Yates or Ronnie. In fact Shawn and Levrone were far more consistent in staying in the top 5 rankings prior to "retirement" .  Nassers divorce is hardly an excuse- a lame one at that, for his downward spiral after 1999.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »
Good points.  Same thing with Ronnie. Once he devoted himself to the Olympia he rarely prepared for any other competition.  Nasser on the other hand was competing everywhere - US and Internationally and all he accomplished was a  stunning record of 6 wins and ended up in 15th place before being forced to retire. Of course its all due to racism  ;D

Exactly his record speaks for itself 6 wins out of 53 tries win/loss ratio of 11% lol it's sad they can't look past their hero's own faults and see he's not as great as they made him out to be , a very good bodybuilder though and when they're reduced to crying politics they can't be taken seriously anymore

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2009, 03:00:48 PM »
Exactly his record speaks for itself 6 wins out of 53 tries win/loss ratio of 11% lol it's sad they can't look past their hero's own faults and see he's not as great as they made him out to be , a very good bodybuilder though and when they're reduced to crying politics they can't be taken seriously anymore

However when Nasser places above Levrone or Ray...its not politics.  :D

Nasser was a weider accquisition. Joe Weider invested in nasser and spent millions bringing him to the US and setting him up. Why would he go out of his way to destroy that investment?. The only person nasser has to blame is himself - he had a very short lived drive to win and tapered off as the years went by. His lack of focus and consistency was why he was always relegated to an "also ran" spot.

Last time I checked it was Joe Weiders Mr Olympia not Mcgough's or Weinbergers.

To sum up - nasser was a good bodybuilder not a great one. That's why his name is not spoken with the same level of respect afforded to Levrone, Wheeler, Ray.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »

Nasser was a weider accquisition. Joe Weider invested in nasser and spent millions bringing him to the US and setting him up. Why would he go out of his way to destroy that investment?. The only person nasser has to blame is himself - he had a very short lived drive to win and tapered off as the years went by. His lack of focus and consistency was why he was always relegated to an "also ran" spot.

To sum up - nasser was a good bodybuilder not a great one. That's why his name is not spoken with the same level of respect afforded to Levrone, Wheeler, Ray.

What's funny is that these morons claim even while winning he was still discriminated against LMAO these guys can't be taken seriously just laughed at

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »
Kevin.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »

very well said

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »
What's funny is that these morons claim even while winning he was still discriminated against LMAO these guys can't be taken seriously just laughed at

Actually they he claims that the judges couldn't let nasser lose all the time so a token win (in czech or Russia  ;D) was granted. One of their his more bizarre and delusional excuses to date.  :D.

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »
I smell love between Tyr and ND. You seem to be soul mates, you should hook up!
Team Nasser!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2009, 03:54:56 PM »

I see another Nasser guy who can't formulate a cognizant argument so go on the defensive with the personal attacks  ;D

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2009, 03:59:01 PM »
I see another Nasser guy who can't formulate a cognizant argument so go on the defensive with the personal attacks  ;D

Whatever, you and the rest of the pumpkin-heads are kings of personal attacks. Maybe I don't want to spend all night arguing on the internet like you do. You should leave the Nasser-threads and continue posting in the truce-thread where you got your ass handed to you.
Team Nasser!

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »

Since you lack the intellect to even make any valid points other than your manlust for nasser you should go back to doing what you do best - Jerking off to your nasser pics while sitting in your parents basement.

Knock yourself out...literally  :D

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »
Since you lack the intellect to even make any valid points other than your manlust for nasser you should go back to doing what you do best - Jerking off to your nasser pics while sitting in your parents basement.

Knock yourself out...literally  :D

I see another ND guy who can't formulate a cognizant argument so go on the defensive with the personal attacks
Team Nasser!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »
Purely from a statistical standpoint Ronnie is a greater bodybuilder than Dorian because he has more Olympia wins and professional wins , I don't have a problem with that it doesn't mean much in the context of Dorian-vs-Ronnie because zero of those wins are against Dorian  ;)

And you're missing the big picture win/loss ratio Dorian 88% vs Ronnie's 40%  ;D Dorian was a winning machine never once placing below second place in a professional contest that's insanity not even matched to this day . from a statistical standpoint Dorian would beat Ronnie , especially considering he faced Ronnie 8 times and beat him all 8 times  ;)

53 contests for Nasser with just 6 wins that's a win/loss ratio of 11%
62 contests for Kevin with 20 wins that's a win/loss ratio of 32%
16 contests for Lee Haney with 11 wins that's a win/loss ratio of 68% never once placing below 3rd in a pro contest

but dont forget that dorian himself said the ronnie is the best ever!!.. this was during an interview with shawn ray and flex wheeler at the last AC..

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
I see another ND guy who can't formulate a cognizant argument so go on the defensive with the personal attacks

Hahaha

Is that the best you've got? Sorry I insulted your mancrush for nasser.
I know your feelings for him run deep. Why don't you go back to down to the basement and continue lurking like a good little troll you are :-*

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »
No why take that into context of who is better  ::)

Dorian didn't need to enter many contests his main focus and goal wad the Olympia every other one was an after thought and I agree there is more than how many contests you win many points to ponder which is exact why I included how many runner-ups at the Olympia and how many Kevin beat Nasser ( which I did before ) don't hyper-focus on one element I can embarrass you even more with how many second place contests Kevin won and how he never placed below 8th in a pro contest compared to Nasser if you'd like  ;D

out of the two Kevin is by far the superior bodybuilder without question it's not debatable

yes kevin had a better history and no one can argue with that but when both were at their best, nasser had the better physique..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2009, 04:11:32 PM »
yes kevin had a better history and no one can argue with that but when both were at their best, nasser had the better physique..
Now on this one Sheriff I'll have to agree ...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »

Says you  ;)

Kevin in my opinion has a better physique

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »
Whatever, you and the rest of the pumpkin-heads are kings of personal attacks. Maybe I don't want to spend all night arguing on the internet like you do. You should leave the Nasser-threads and continue posting in the truce-thread where you got your ass handed to you.

Hahahah more weak logic the true thread? that's a lame attempt at deflection and you can't spend all day arguing because you can't even formulate an argument

Nasser was a very good bodybuilder but no where near as great as you guys make him out to be

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »

tyr/dl/barauda/nizar always licks the shit of anyone who is against team nasser so it's normal here.. ND is just trying to find a way after bobs showed that according to his logic he sees that ronnie is better than dorian  ;D

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2009, 04:19:59 PM »
tyr/dl/barauda/nizar always licks the shit of anyone who is against team nasser so it's normal here.. ND is just to trying to find a way after bobs showed that according to his logic he sees that ronnie is better than dorian  ;D

Coming from someone who swings from nassers balls thats pretty amusing sha-labia. Did you think of that all by yourself? Too bad the logic I used prevailed and bob had to Pm you to log on and defend him.

Poor little Pygmy gets owned yet again and still can't muster a decent response.
Are you going to log on as sharma now?  ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2009, 04:22:37 PM »
In the end, Nasshole shits in posing trunks and sells them on the internet to his pumpkin head fanboys while Kevin hasn't sunk that low.

I'll admit though, Nasshole was better than Levrone at one thing...beating women. That guy could throw a punch into a woman's jaw like no other.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2009, 04:31:12 PM »
tyr/dl/barauda/nizar always licks the shit of anyone who is against team nasser so it's normal here.. ND is just trying to find a way after bobs showed that according to his logic he sees that ronnie is better than dorian  ;D

Hahahahah that backfired in Bob's face and I notice neither of you dared to  respond  ;)

just based on Olympia wins and total pro wins Ronnie is better than Dorian , however there is much more to it than that if you find comfort in that more power to you but when all things are considered Dorian beats them ALL  ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »
face facts, bobs

nasser was rarely talked about here until you started posting about "nasser nights" and the bb.com interview

if it wasn't for you he would be talked about here as much as mike francois, a very good bodybuilder from the 90's that fell off the map, Mr. Levrone has always LevrOWNED the minds of getbiggers

nasser was great for about 4 years then completely fell off the map, 4 out 10 years does not make a bodybuilder an all time great, greatness is measured over a career

i'll give you an example, for about 3 years shaun alexander was arguably the best running back in the nfl, today he is desperately hoping a team will at least let him stand on the sideline

a guy like jerome bettis was never considered to be the best running back in the league, but he had a long consistent career and because of that he will go to the hall of fame

not only was Mr. Levrone more consistent (placed 8th once, 6th once, top 5 at every other show), he has more wins, and he just looks much better than nasser :)

and nasser never beat him at his best, nassers best years (96-99) were Mr. Levrone's worst, he was soft and bloated those years but still good enough to place top 4 at most shows during the most competitive era

E

E

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »
Coming from someone who swings from nassers balls thats pretty amusing sha-labia. Did you think of that all by yourself? Too bad the logic I used prevailed and bob had to Pm you to log on and defend him.

Poor little Pygmy gets owned yet again and still can't muster a decent response.
Are you going to log on as sharma now?  ;D

bobs didnt need me to defend him because he was giving it to ND in a good way.. i am not saying to you too because you are nothing..

by the way.. how is your last exposed gimmick "stapleton"?? ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »
Sherief Shalaby destroying the unemployed troll dl/nizar/tyr/barracuda/stapleton yet again ..