Author Topic: Olympia: Is jason Cutler's left leg significantly larger than his right leg?  (Read 4133 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Why is jason Cutler's left leg significantly larger than his right leg?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:45:45 AM »
Who knows. Some say nerve damage, but he has always had the imbalance. Perhaps he suffered (still has?) a knee injury which affects his right leg.

I injured my left knee about 2 year ago, and my left leg is still smaller than my right. Not as noticeable as Jay's obviously, but i certainly notice it.
No doubt about it...

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:50:37 AM »
Who knows. Some say nerve damage, but he has always had the imbalance. Perhaps he suffered (still has?) a knee injury which affects his right leg.

I injured my left knee about 2 year ago, and my left leg is still smaller than my right. Not as noticeable as Jay's obviously, but i certainly notice it.

I have the same thing, I had a brace on my knee when I was a kid and my one calf is bigger than the other... but it's strange cuse the one with the injury is the larger one. still not that noticeable but I can see it.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 02:57:04 AM »
not only his leg but also his left biceps is always larger than his right, just naturally with no injuries or anything.. also his left lat is a little bigger than his right..

my advice to anyone who has a problem like that is to never ever do any of the one hand and the one leg exercises..

I don’t have any unbalance problem but still I don’t like to do one side exercises.. it’s always more symmetrical to work both sides at the same time..

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 03:49:25 AM »
not only his leg but also his left biceps is always larger than his right, just naturally with no injuries or anything.. also his left lat is a little bigger than his right..

my advice to anyone who has a problem like that is to never ever do any of the one hand and the one leg exercises..

I don’t have any unbalance problem but still I don’t like to do one side exercises.. it’s always more symmetrical to work both sides at the same time..

No two sides are ever the same.Like one breast hangs lower or is larger on a female so is it with all our body parts , it may not be visualy possible to see but there are differences some slight some noticble like Jays flaws.

If you had visualy noticeble flaws like jay wouldnt you use more one armed exercises to "try" and bring up the weaker/smaller side as much as you can?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:13:27 AM »
No two sides are ever the same.Like one breast hangs lower or is larger on a female so is it with all our body parts , it may not be visualy possible to see but there are differences some slight some noticble like Jays flaws.

If you had visualy noticeble flaws like jay wouldnt you use more one armed exercises to "try" and bring up the weaker/smaller side as much as you can?

Exactly. A better thing for guys with a big imbalance between one side of the body and the other is to work the weaker side first to failure on unilateral exercises and do no more reps or weight with the stronger side, even though they won't be failing with the latter. This will allow the smaller side to catch up, although they will never be equal. Doing stuff with things like barbells will make the stronger side to do more work, especially closer to failure.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 04:18:18 AM »
A size imbalance in the legs is pretty common as a lot of people have a leg that is shorter/longer than the other. Means one leg takes a bit more of the load, a lot of the time you are oblivious to it.
No doubt about it...

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 04:19:36 AM »
I have the same problem.

With the leg, the arm, calf and probably lat, not Alot though..

And its probably pretty common..

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 04:34:46 AM »
I have the same problem.

With the leg, the arm, calf and probably lat, not Alot though..

And its probably pretty common..
Its more than pretty common no two sides of the human body are ever identicle that is fact, from your ears all the way down to your toes no two sides are the same , sometimes with the eye you cant even tell and it could only be picked up with digital imaging..most of us know what leg ,bicep, shoulder etc is stronger or better formed but to an onlooker sometimes they couldnt even tell..

How many times have you heard a girl say my breast is bigger or sits higher on my right side blah blah blah and you have to really concentrate to tell , to an onlooker its mi-nute but you know your body better than anyone...then you get obvious flaws like Jays , extreme hypertrophy of the muscles have only made it more obvious in his case plus his body is on show , thats what he does and blowing your muscles up like he has is only going to make it stand out like dogs balls...

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 04:46:57 AM »

sure it's impossible to have both sides exactly the same in shape and size..

if i had one weaker side i would never train it more than the other side,.. i would just avoid all the one side exercises and would use lighter weights that both sides can lift together equally without having to concentrate more one the stronger side to do most of the job.. i believe like this and as time goes the gap between the 2 sides will be closed.. it goes without saying that this doesnt include injured parts!!..

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 04:51:18 AM »
sure it's impossible to have both sides exactly the same in shape and size..

if i had one weaker side i would never train it more than the other side,.. i would just avoid all the one sides exercises and would use lighter weights that both sides can lift together equally without having to concentrate more one the stronger side to do most of the job.. i believe like this and as time goes the gap between the 2 sides will be close.. it goes without saying that this doesnt include injured parts!!..
Yes injured parts are a whole other ball game.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 04:51:59 AM »
A size imbalance in the legs is pretty common as a lot of people have a leg that is shorter/longer than the other. Means one leg takes a bit more of the load, a lot of the time you are oblivious to it.

Another thing with legs I always notice is that a lot of guys while doing the leg press exercise they don’t care to place both feet on two symmetrical spots to be sure the weight is concentrated equally on both legs.. they just place their feet and start to press.. these small things make big differences!.. I always take a while to be sure the weight is concentrated equally on both legs before pressing..

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 06:50:40 AM »
I read somewhere that he had a leg or knee injury back in his teens.  Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »
everyone has slight differences between right and left, but cutler has a huge difference in both his legs and arms, yet for some reason he gets rewarded for it when others would get penalized

you could have a contest just between cutler's right and left sides they are so different

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 09:04:17 AM »
yeah I'm guessing knee injury which makes him push less with his right leg

I don't think its nerve damage.

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 09:28:46 AM »
Exactly. A better thing for guys with a big imbalance between one side of the body and the other is to work the weaker side first to failure on unilateral exercises and do no more reps or weight with the stronger side, even though they won't be failing with the latter. This will allow the smaller side to catch up, although they will never be equal. Doing stuff with things like barbells will make the stronger side to do more work, especially closer to failure.

i agree. pre exhaust with dumbells or unilateral lifts before going to barbells. therefore each side gets the same stimulation. my left arm/leg are longer so it helps for me to space left foot higher on leg press to even the load. and i developed a larger left trap from doing cleans and shrugs with a barbell, which i now avoid. no one ever said our bodies should be perfectly symmetrical

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »
Another thing with legs I always notice is that a lot of guys while doing the leg press exercise they don’t care to place both feet on two symmetrical spots to be sure the weight is concentrated equally on both legs.. they just place their feet and start to press.. these small things make big differences!.. I always take a while to be sure the weight is concentrated equally on both legs before pressing..

Not to single you out Sherif, but I can't imagine anyone with half a brain doesn't place their feet evenly on a leg press.

any other helpful hints, like using dumbells that weigh the same when pressing  :P

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 09:54:55 AM »

Not to single you out Sherif, but I can't imagine anyone with half a brain doesn't place their feet evenly on a leg press.

any other helpful hints, like using dumbells that weigh the same when pressing  :P

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Olympia: Is jason Cutler's left leg significantly larger than his right leg?
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »
It's more than just his leg.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

You spend way too much time watching other men at the gym.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 01:46:10 PM »

you can say man because from your pics i am sure you never trained your legs :P :P

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Olympia: Is jason Cutler's left leg significantly larger than his right leg?
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »
Well, this isn't exactly bodybuilder type problem usually but deadlifts with over and underhand grip makes the sides of the back work in a little "different way". Also, people always grip the bar symmetrically although the arm you take underhand grip with extends further than the overhand arm...try it.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »
you can say man because from your pics i am sure you never trained your legs :P :P
Hey Sheriff could it be Jay maybe be getting "Nasser Eyes" one each looking in different direction hence not seeing the leg difference?  :D Just joking I dont want Sheriff raining down on me...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 04:14:04 PM »

exactly what i was going to write.

may i add....generally if you have one arm larger/stronger than the other (due to dominance or whatever), then when doing compound exercise such as bench or pulldowns etc...the opposite prime mover does more work to correct the overall strength in that movement.

i.e. if your left tri is stronger than your right, then your right pec is larger than your left... or if your right bi is strongest, then your left lat is stronger/larger..and so on.

throw in the delt in there and theres all kinds of mixes. it would be unusual to have larger muscles on just one side only though...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »

I guarantee my legs crush yours into oblivion