Author Topic: Panic Attacks  (Read 13109 times)

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
Re: Panic Attacks
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »
If it is as frequent as you say, benzos might be avoided because of the potential for abuse. Just make sure whatever you get that you are aware of the sides. Good luck!

I started getting terrible anxiety about a year ago, and had 5 fucking panic attacks last nite.

It feels like someone kicked me in the balls, and can't breathe.

Gonna see the doc and hopefully get a script for some benzo's  :P

How do you bro's deal with this shit? and are there any OTC remedies to help?

-TIA

-TMM4U

Oh, and to keep this bodybuilding related. I get HEAVY attacks right after a heavy set of deads and squats  :-X
Almost always, yes.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
academy award for best post ever on this subject---well stated

man people who have never had a full blown panic attack and make statements like "its all in your head" or "get over it",........10 to 1 says they would off themselves if they had an actual PA--they have no idea
YUP ;D ;D

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »
academy award for best post ever on this subject---well stated

man people who have never had a full blown panic attack and make statements like "its all in your head" or "get over it",........10 to 1 says they would off themselves if they had an actual PA--they have no idea
Thanx bro. like i said soo many people, especially on here will talk soo much shit, dont bother me, i know im a "walking mental case". ;D or in the words of "BIG L DAWG" "whack job". ;D

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »
Hmm i took Remeron, (antidepressant) for 2 years to help me with my insomnia, helped me a lot sleeping. But made me depressed, it supposed to be against depression  ??? So i quit for 4 months, everything went great got my energy back, felt great. Then couldnt sleep for weeks and took just a little of remeron during the day. Man o man what a mistake. Got some serious side effects that night. As soon as night came heart started beating like crazy, irregular beating+ my mind pattern went nuts for the whole night, like a damn emotional meltdown. Cried the night outside like a little baby, havent cried for 10 years. Next night the same shit, so had to take some more remeron to calm down. Never had this prior to the meds, they fuck you up, so im taking half the pil for now. Thaught i had a panick attack, but this was far worse, my breathing was fine. I thought i would die for you bitches.

I always thought Remeron was made straight from hell itself...Take a 30mg tab at night and the next day you feel like you been hit by a truck...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2009, 09:00:44 PM »
Deep slow breathing every night before you go to bed...It really doesn't even have to be much...Like 10 deep breathes letting the air out really slow can do more then you could even imagine...I know it sounds too easy but sometimes thats all it takes...

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »
So I went to the Doctor , and he prescribed me a low dose Paxil...

I've done my research and to see with this, a shit ton of sides.

2 days in..

Disturbia, I think I read awhile that you took paxil..any experiences?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »
I wonder why the doc prescribed an anti depressant? The SSRI drugs are in a different class than the benzos. The benzos might have a higher chance of abuse, but the antidepressants also have their drawbacks.

I guess its a tossup between SSRIs and benzos for GAD these days?

Either that or the doc thinks you have issues with depression...

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2009, 02:40:07 PM »

2 days in..

ya I have been on paxil for 12 years.  I'm super happy with it. The first 3-4 weeks are rough getting used to it, 2 weeks for some people.  Theres tremors (shakes), dry mouth and bleh feeling.  After you get through the getting used to period, its gold. They can and probably will take the panic away.  Be prepared for lower sex drive though.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2009, 03:51:54 PM »
ya I have been on paxil for 12 years.  I'm super happy with it. The first 3-4 weeks are rough getting used to it, 2 weeks for some people.  Theres tremors (shakes), dry mouth and bleh feeling.  After you get through the getting used to period, its gold. They can and probably will take the panic away.  Be prepared for lower sex drive though.

I was on Paxil for a few years. It did the job for me when I needed it.  When I got off of it I finally seemed like myself again.  It took a few times because when you try to come off cold turkey you will be an emotional wreck.  Get the shakes and head is just buzzing.  So 12 Years..wow.  I would hate to see you quit cold turkey.  I bet it would not be a good sight.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »
I was on Paxil for a few years. It did the job for me when I needed it.  When I got off of it I finally seemed like myself again.  It took a few times because when you try to come off cold turkey you will be an emotional wreck.  Get the shakes and head is just buzzing.  So 12 Years..wow.  I would hate to see you quit cold turkey.  I bet it would not be a good sight.

theres not much about me that is a pretty site--lolol

I won 2 tournaments outright in the last 3 days on full tilt

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »
theres not much about me that is a pretty site--lolol

I won 2 tournaments outright in the last 3 days on full tilt

yeah I thought about doing it but when I went from 20,000 chips down to zero in about an hour I decided maybe it was'nt my thing...lol.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2009, 08:48:52 PM »
ya I have been on paxil for 12 years.  I'm super happy with it. The first 3-4 weeks are rough getting used to it, 2 weeks for some people.  Theres tremors (shakes), dry mouth and bleh feeling.  After you get through the getting used to period, its gold. They can and probably will take the panic away.  Be prepared for lower sex drive though.
holy shit.....how many mg?? i stopped taking my paxil a year ago, couldnt deal with the SIDES no more. i think i started at 30mg then went up to 60 and was on that for 3yrs, up until last summer. I was in a NO WIN situation with paxil, just like you said though, it helped me TREMENDOUSLY with my anxiety, panic attacks BUT like just said the sides were fuckin horrible. I was first taking it in the mornings, no good. I noticed that about 2-3hrs after id take it, thats when the SIDES would kick in...the nausea, dizziness, tiredness, so i told my doc all i would do is sleep all day cuz of the sides, so then he told me to start taking it in the evenings, then on top of that, i was taking TRAZADONE150MG every night to sleep, and basically with TRAZADONE, its so strong that it has a "hangover effect". So basically having sides from both the trazadone and paxil, all i did was sleep alll fuckin day. Like i keep saying though, the trazadone and paxil helped tremendously but the sides were brutal so i just started PROZAC 10mg a few weeks ago and still taking my trazadone150mg but i only take half of pill, 75mg.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »
I wonder why the doc prescribed an anti depressant? The SSRI drugs are in a different class than the benzos. The benzos might have a higher chance of abuse, but the antidepressants also have their drawbacks.

I guess its a tossup between SSRIs and benzos for GAD these days?

Either that or the doc thinks you have issues with depression...

Why SSRIs? Because benzos will increase anxiety over time.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »

2 days in..

STAY on a low dose, especially with paxil. IF you HAVE to get on a higher dose, depending on how bad your panic attacks are, stay on it for a year, then tell your doc you wanna start lowering the dose slowly. Now this is just my opinion though. and oh yeah, iF you do get on a higher dose, like disturbia said, be prepared for having a low sex drive, honestly though man, what hes really saying is, and what happen to me when i was jacked up on paxil, is get prepared for not having a sex life. :o :(

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2009, 09:15:38 PM »
For a non chemical way to treat these attacks with breathing exercises see here:

http://www.admart.asia/en/board.php?action=detail&id=126&lang=en&section_id=9&category_id=165&pn=

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »