Author Topic: bodybuilding and mma training...  (Read 2511 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: bodybuilding and mma training...
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »
why is everybody worried about getting in a fight these days?

are some of you still in high school?

E
E

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 04:37:13 PM »
i wouldn't lose sleep over it.  tapout wearing douches only pick fights with other douches.  contrary to what we say on here, the vast majority of people still won't go out of their way to pick a fight with a musclehead, no matter how many affliction shirts they have on.

Would you like to win a ticket to Brazil?

8)
Gracie Rules

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »
They don't mix at all. You don't train bodybuilder style when training mma......period.

No shit, I think you misunderstood me...I meant you can train both at the same time...I thought that's what the question was, as far as actual exercises of course it's two totally diferent methods of training. In MMA you focus a lot more on practical and core exercises, whereas in bodybuilding you train for aesthetics and to get a good pump.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 04:45:46 PM »
No shit, I think you misunderstood me...I meant you can train both at the same time...I thought that's what the question was, as far as actual exercises of course it's two totally diferent methods of training. In MMA you focus a lot more on practical and core exercises, whereas in bodybuilding you train for aesthetics and to get a good pump.

PUMP THOSE SWEEPS!

MBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 04:55:54 PM »
PUMP THOSE SWEEPS!

MBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Is your wrist better dude?!? I've been practicing my 8 finger tapping! ;)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »
Is your wrist better dude?!? I've been practicing my 8 finger tapping! ;)

IT HAS IMPROVED! BUT PLAYING CLASSICSAL PIANO MOSTLU NOW!

THE CHALLENGE WILL HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEN! 8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 05:00:21 PM »

IT HAS IMPROVED! BUT PLAYING CLASSICSAL PIANO MOSTLU NOW!

THE CHALLENGE WILL HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEN! 8)

Cool, me  too! I've been teaching myself the piano lately.. I used to know basics before like chord shapes and some theory, scales etc. but now I'm going deeper..particularly like Sonata's like this one:

It's based on one of Haydn's works... Cantable in B minor

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »
Cool, me  too! I've been teaching myself the piano lately.. I used to know basics before like chord shapes and some theory, scales etc. but now I'm going deeper..particularly like Sonata's like this one:

It's based on one of Haydn's works... Cantable in B minor

HAVE YOU STARTED WITH THE HANON EXERCSISES?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
MMA training could damage your philanges for piano playing 8)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »
MMA training could damage your philanges for piano playing 8)

NO PROBLEM! DEBUYSSE SUCK ANYEWAY :(

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
debussey and MMA training, haha oh brother what a wanna be nerd
follow the arrows

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 05:46:45 PM »

Would you like to win a ticket to Brazil?

8)

i didn't mean that statement to come off as me talking shit, it's just how it is.  i haven't been in a fight or close to one since college, and intend to keep it that way.
Deep Tissue Massage

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »
can they both mix.......

lately i have been noticing in life how many used to be pip squueks (all the mma fan base) and losers have been involving themselves in mma training and fighting....Everyone thinks they are an mma fighter just because they train at the local top team house...me, i just like to be big...but i dont want to be the one who gets knocked out by a used to be douche now rocking affliction and tap out shirts who spikes their hair land a hard one on me because they have been seeing an instructor and they been paying it with their moms credit card....yea you can fight, but fighting a trained individual is different....

can i still be a legit body builder...or do I have to be a all out fighter

I'd like to see them try...LMAO...they'd cramp up 1/4 through imo. lol muscular overload.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »
debussey and MMA training, haha oh brother what a wanna be nerd

FAGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRr 8)

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »
I do both..

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 06:39:12 PM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »

Regarding MMA fitness, MMA has considerable, perhaps, primary, importance toward cardiovascular conditioning. But, let's not completely downplay the anaerobic aspect. You do need to be strong. You need explosiveness. There wouldn't be strict weight classes if it was just all skill and cardio. There are a lot of top guys who are "jacked", maybe not to BB standards, but most are natural and would rival a natural BB'er.

And now my societal, adolescent fighting analysis:

In layman's, the BB'er has the general advantage over a weaker person of similar fighting skill. However, he will lose this advantage if the other weaker guy has better cardio and confidence (does not fall for visual intimidation factor) if the fight carries on and is not stopped soon by KO or submission, or other means. I've seen it first hand, and I have seen the strongest, toughest guys, be humbled by oxygen deprivation. It will make anyone say "I've had enough".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
I do both..

Not successfully I promise.

lifterguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »
Not successfully I promise.

I think it depends on how you define "successfully."  There are lots of guys who work out, build a great body and would do well at a local bodybuilding contest (if they even care to compete.)  They would never stand a chance on a national stage.  But compared to many people who post here, I would consider them "successful" bodybuilders.  (They have achieved reasonable goals.)  There are also many guys who train at MMA, develope confidence and would have better than average skills if they ever got into a fight.  But they never step into a ring to fight in a sanctioned match.  I would call that person successful too.  I see little reason why someone could not do both.  While being an MMA champion and a bodybuilding champion at the same time is highly unlikely if not impossible.  Focusing on either sport and becoming a champion is also very unlikely.  Many try, few do it.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2009, 12:15:47 AM »
I think it depends on how you define "successfully."  There are lots of guys who work out, build a great body and would do well at a local bodybuilding contest (if they even care to compete.)  They would never stand a chance on a national stage.  But compared to many people who post here, I would consider them "successful" bodybuilders.  (They have achieved reasonable goals.)  There are also many guys who train at MMA, develope confidence and would have better than average skills if they ever got into a fight.  But they never step into a ring to fight in a sanctioned match.  I would call that person successful too.  I see little reason why someone could not do both.  While being an MMA champion and a bodybuilding champion at the same time is highly unlikely if not impossible.  Focusing on either sport and becoming a champion is also very unlikely.  Many try, few do it.

To be successful at one, you'd have to sacrifice the other.  In fighting, aesthetics has no bearing.  The amount of injuries people get from grappling, striking, wrestling is alarming.  This past Saturday, one of my teamates had his elbow capsule popped, another his ankle, and a third injured his labrum.  This is in a jiu-jitsu match, not MMA.  Now add striking into the mix and the amount of injuries goes up.  I don't think most bodybuilders want to get punched in the face and body daily, or risk the ability to bench press for weeks at a time.  So IMHO, no, it can't be done.