Author Topic: Derek Jeter, as clean as they come? I call bullshit  (Read 3818 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Derek Jeter, as clean as they come? I call bullshit
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »
I allready gave 25 reasons why Ruth woudnt hit 200 Hrs had he play this era.

Only 2 or 3 pitchers trowing over 90 mphs, only curves and fast balls, each pitcher had to play the whole game (even if it was extra innings with a dead arm)only club house with full time ballplayers were the Yankees,no blacks or latinos were allowed to play,etc,

Ruth is a natural...He would have adapted with no problem...He is Tony Gwenn with much much more power...Throw a guy like Ruth in a batting cage with a machine that throw 105 miles an hour and he would have been on top of it within a couple days...The scary thing about Ruth is, just imagine what he would have been like if he actually took it serious...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2009, 12:27:11 AM »
One of my closest friends, we grew up together, known him my whole life. He played ball for the Rockies for 5 years...hurt his knee and that was that.

Point being, I asked him once, "How many of the guys use anything, half?" Half was my guess.

His answer "All of them...maybe a few don't but I don't know who they are." 

He said it was no secret, everyone was pretty open about it, it's in the locker room and talked about daily. He said about the time he stopped playing though, that was about the time the witch hunt really got going, he said then it did start becoming a little more of a taboo topic but "in house" it was still talked about as much as ever.

body88

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »
Body88's never been hypocritical when it comes to steroid use in sports.  He knows players on all teams used, and most likely still do.

Thanks Grape Ape.  Bfury used to tell us all how he was a starting lb on UConn, aahha.  Posted pictures, the whole nine.  All lies (just like his claims against me).  Grionk is just some attention whore who used to smoke crack.  Those guys wasted about 10 posts in this thread on me.  Oh brother, time to step away from the keyboard "tuff guys"....   ;) :)

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 12:36:41 PM »
QFMFT

It's silly to argue the known. :)

Every professional athlete (baseball, football, soccer, hockey, boxing and even tennis and golf) is on some kind of performance enhansing drug. If people don't understand this then they need a reality check and a good one at that.
Almost always, yes.

BanksMcgee

• Getbig II
  • The Mighty Ducks Didn't let Emilio Estevez down!
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »
Look at what Jeter is currently SMASHING!
-BM

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2009, 03:16:37 PM »
he makes his money from his body.
so he invest a few hundred bucks to make a few million thorugh increased performancee.
no big deal.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2009, 03:24:14 PM »
Look at what Jeter is currently SMASHING!

We'll need to let him off the hook then ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »

Thanks Grape Ape.  Bfury used to tell us all how he was a starting lb on UConn, aahha.  Posted pictures, the whole nine.  All lies (just like his claims against me).  Grionk is just some attention whore who used to smoke crack.  Those guys wasted about 10 posts in this thread on me.  Oh brother, time to step away from the keyboard "tuff guys"....   ;) :)

I never smoked crack  ???

another dildo who plays the "obessed" card after he gets owned

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »

Ruth is a natural...He would have adapted with no problem...He is Tony Gwenn with much much more power...Throw a guy like Ruth in a batting cage with a machine that throw 105 miles an hour and he would have been on top of it within a couple days...The scary thing about Ruth is, just imagine what he would have been like if he actually took it serious...

Keep dreaming ......

speaking of batting machines I went with Manny Ramirez to one of those machine about 10 years ago in NY he was drunk he said that he was only gonna hit balls (pull) 10 to the right 10 to the center and 10 to the left he just did that ! we were 4 guys (3 MLB lebel except for  me) trying to hit the ball at same speed at manny we could only hi foul balls !!! LOL talk about talent.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »

Like I said bfore when Ruth was around most pitchers had other jobs besides being ball players, the Yankees were the first team to have their full roster of full time baseball players....... just think about it today  u have at least 6 pitchers in each team (close to 30 teams) that throws over 90 mph....
most HRs of the Bambino were fast balls less than 80 mph (since they only had fast balls and curves back then and that was it) .  Piece of cake even for a minor leaguer by today standars.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
On ESPN some baseball analyst was comparing Derek Jeter's career to those "cheaters" such as Bonds, Ramirez and almost every baseball player and then says that Jeter is as clean as they come.  I call bullshit.  No one was clean in the last 20 years.  The fact the pitchers were all juiced means he had to not only be an exceptional hitter but the greatest hitter ever to accumulate his stats as a "natural" against all of these juiced pitchers.

Oh yes, this shit again.

I'll buy that he's clean. No real stand out numbers, always consistent, relatively injury free throughout his career (which is usually the biggest giveaway if you pay attention)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »
I'll buy that he's clean. No real stand out numbers, always consistent, relatively injury free throughout his career (which is usually the biggest giveaway if you pay attention)

Yes but both Palmeiro and Tejada spent less days in dissable list than Jeter.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 11:09:50 PM »
Yes but both Palmeiro and Tejada spent less days in dissable list than Jeter.

Over their careers? Links?

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »

Like I said bfore when Ruth was around most pitchers had other jobs besides being ball players, the Yankees were the first team to have their full roster of full time baseball players....... just think about it today  u have at least 6 pitchers in each team (close to 30 teams) that throws over 90 mph....
most HRs of the Bambino were fast balls less than 80 mph (since they only had fast balls and curves back then and that was it) .  Piece of cake even for a minor leaguer by today standars.

So you don't believe in evolution...Wake up...You been watching to many slo/mo video's of the guys from yesteryear...Wade Boggs is/was a fucking mess(look what he did)...So was many guys who played MLB...Hell Pete Ross never touched a weight in his life and look what he could do...Bottom line is Ruth was a natural hitter period...So was Ted Williams...You want to take those guys from their era and put them up against guys from this era...It just doesn't work that way...Evolution doesn't work that way...Progression is what happens...Tiger Woods isn't better then Jack Nicklaus, he just progressed from Jacks era...Take a look at the X-games...Some of the guys who are unbelievable at some of the stunts are only good because of what was shown to them and what was possible...Some of these kids are the weakest athletes know to man but seen someone do something and took and ran with it....

Bottom line is Babe Ruth would have smoked todays pictures because he was that good of an athlete...You may not like what he looked like but let me tell you something, he wouldn't have looked like that in this day and age...You apparently think natural ability is made in the weight room and you are sadly mistaken...

Guys like you are the reason Goose Gossage doesn't get his due...You just don't understand reality when it comes to athletics...Roger Clemans late in his career could barely hit 90 on any gun yet Billy Wagner who looks like he never touched a weight in his life is blowing the gun up even after TGsurgury...

I bet your the same guy who says they make better churches and homes today the yesteryear... :-\

Tony Hawk is an example of a guy caught between era's of evolution...The man is the best skateboarder that ever lived...However he can't do what the kids today can do...But there is no doubt that if this guy was in him prime, he would be blowing up the homos that have over taken him...If you can't see this then I don't know what to say... :-\