Author Topic: Derek Jeter, as clean as they come? I call bullshit  (Read 3857 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Derek Jeter, as clean as they come? I call bullshit
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:54:13 AM »
On ESPN some baseball analyst was comparing Derek Jeter's career to those "cheaters" such as Bonds, Ramirez and almost every baseball player and then says that Jeter is as clean as they come.  I call bullshit.  No one was clean in the last 20 years.  The fact the pitchers were all juiced means he had to not only be an exceptional hitter but the greatest hitter ever to accumulate his stats as a "natural" against all of these juiced pitchers.

Oh yes, this shit again.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Derek Jeter, as clean as they come? I call bullshit
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:17:48 AM »
I call bullshit too.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 08:29:23 AM »
On ESPN some baseball analyst was comparing Derek Jeter's career to those "cheaters" such as Bonds, Ramirez and almost every baseball player and then says that Jeter is as clean as they come.  I call bullshit.  No one was clean in the last 20 years.  The fact the pitchers were all juiced means he had to not only be an exceptional hitter but the greatest hitter ever to accumulate his stats as a "natural" against all of these juiced pitchers.

Oh yes, this shit again.
X 2.7

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »

Oh yes, this shit again.

Prove it.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »
I'm a Yankee hater but I believe he's clean.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:37:21 AM »
I'd be very suprised if so.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »
Jeter never had those "Freak Seasons" that all the juiced guys like Caminitti ,Palmiero, Bagwell, Brady Anderson, Nomar had. They would be 15-20 homer guys that are suddenly putting up 40-50 hr seasons. He's been around a LONG time and has stayed amazingly consistent and healthy, but no major spike in power numbers. I think he's clean, like I said..THINK, because nobody knows what anybody does behind closed doors...pro or con.

Also if he was on "the list" they would have outed his ass by now, believe that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
Jeter never had those "Freak Seasons" that all the juiced guys like Caminitti ,Palmiero, Bagwell, Brady Anderson, Nomar had. They would be 15-20 homer guys that are suddenly putting up 40-50 hr seasons. He's been around a LONG time and has stayed amazingly consistent and healthy, but no major spike in power numbers. I think he's clean, like I said..THINK, because nobody knows what anybody does behind closed doors...pro or con.

Also if he was on "the list" they would have outed his ass by now, believe that.

Great post.  Of course we all need to have the skepticism about anyone in baseball over that last few decades, but Jeter doesn't fit any of the criteria.  People just want him to be on it.

I agree totally with Groink that if he was on the list, those who spilled would've definitely included him.  In fact, he would be the most damaging of any name on that list.

On another note, he also has the best celebrity hit list going right now.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:25:15 AM »
Quote from: body88
The only way would be to DNA test his sperm, and it spoiled in your colon, aahaha.

For the record, I did not know BerzerkFury was on the hit list when I mentioned it above.
Y

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »

No they woulden't.  First, the courts just ruled that the goverment should not have taken "the list" and second the newspaper industry is dying, and that list will sell papers for years.  There are 100 other names on that list, which may never come out now.

A few years back everyone said A-Rod was natural too  ::)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »
I just don't see how he was co clean when his whole clubhouse was juiced to the fucking gills

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »
If Jeter's name is on the list it would have come out by now.
But the angry Roid Sox fans can keep believing he's as roided up as their heroes.

body88

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 12:12:41 PM »
If Jeter's name is on the list it would have come out by now.
But the angry Roid Sox fans can keep believing he's as roided up as their heroes.

Ha-ha, did you create that name from A-Roid, the Yankee?  Wouldn't you say what you said is a tad hypocritical? A-Rod, Giambi, Clemens - etc  ::)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »

Oh yes, this shit again.
Every professional athlete (baseball, football, soccer, hockey, boxing and even tennis and golf) is on some kind of performance enhansing drug. If people don't understand this then they need a reality check and a good one at that.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
I will be really really surprise if Jeter's name ever come out as a user, He's the new (only) Yankee's poster boy, they will even try to make him MVP this year even when you have guys with better numbers in the team .

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »
babe ruth put up numbers that no else approached while he played and he did it  on a diet of hot dogs beer and cigars. imagine the bambino on juice. he hit 60 hrs when no other team cobined to hit that many, that's right the whole team. lou gehrig, hank greenburg , jimmie foxx another drunkard who all put up amazing numbers on god-given talent alone. please tell me that phat albert is not a juicer.
F

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
On ESPN some baseball analyst was comparing Derek Jeter's career to those "cheaters" such as Bonds, Ramirez and almost every baseball player and then says that Jeter is as clean as they come.  .

Oh yes, this shit again.

What I dont really get is why they keep saying this one is clean when you cant trust anyone in MLB.

I know guys like Nixon,Varitek,Soriano,Damon...were on something.

And you have the nerve to tell me that about 8 years ago when there was a battle of who was the best shortstop between Nomar,A-Rod,Jeter and Tejada they all but Jeter were users ?  Jeter wasnt even better than Arod as short stop yet Rodriguez was moved to 3rd base! Jeter might get away with everything after all !!   The Captain of the Yankees!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 12:47:09 PM »
I just don't see how he was co clean when his whole clubhouse was juiced to the fucking gills

By this rationale, nobody was clean.  Yankees weren't any different than any other team.
Y

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »

No they woulden't.  First, the courts just ruled that the goverment should not have taken "the list" and second the newspaper industry is dying, and that list will sell papers for years.  There are 100 other names on that list, which may never come out now.

A few years back everyone said A-Rod was natural too  ::)

A rod is a power hitter with unprecedented numbers, he will eventually break the record

Jeter is a contact hitter with a little pop, guys like him have been around since forever. he's just a great one.

He's been a 15-20 homer guy since day one, nothing has changed.  back in the late 90's and early 2000's when use was rampant, slap hitters were getting 30 homers a year...not Jeter.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 12:49:32 PM »
I will be really really surprise if Jeter's name ever come out as a user, He's the new (only) Yankee's poster boy, they will even try to make him MVP this year even when you have guys with better numbers in the team .

That depends on what numbers you're looking at.  If you get away from the "show me" stats like RBI and such, you can easily make a case for Jeter being the most valuable on his team.  It's Mauer's to lose anyway.
Y

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 12:51:23 PM »
babe ruth put up numbers that no else approached while he played and he did it  on a diet of hot dogs beer and cigars. imagine the bambino on juice. he hit 60 hrs when no other team cobined to hit that many, that's right the whole team. lou gehrig, hank greenburg , jimmie foxx another drunkard who all put up amazing numbers on god-given talent alone. please tell me that phat albert is not a juicer.

I allready gave 25 reasons why Ruth woudnt hit 200 Hrs had he play this era.

Only 2 or 3 pitchers trowing over 90 mphs, only curves and fast balls, each pitcher had to play the whole game (even if it was extra innings with a dead arm)only club house with full time ballplayers were the Yankees,no blacks or latinos were allowed to play,etc,

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »

Ha-ha, did you create that name from A-Roid, the Yankee?  Wouldn't you say what you said is a tad hypocritical? A-Rod, Giambi, Clemens - etc  ::)

Clemens was a Red COCK too, as was Manny...Big fat retarded Papi.....

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »
That depends on what numbers you're looking at.  If you get away from the "show me" stats like RBI and such, you can easily make a case for Jeter being the most valuable on his team.  It's Mauer's to lose anyway.

What about Robinson cano and Texeira? has Jeter been more valuable than these 2 really? Jeter is all hype!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »
What about Robinson cano and Texeira? has Jeter been more valuable than these 2 really? Jeter is all hype!

What's your definition of valuable?  A productive shortstop is more valuable to his team than a productive first or second baseman.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/sortable/index.php?cid=204031

Anyway, an .867 OPS from a SS is hardly all hype.
Y

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »

Texeria is the fucking man this year for the Yankees.

That dude has stepped up to the plate, no pun intended

The Red Sox are fucking homosexual douchebags who sniff each other's balls in the locker room

PS  NO ONE is stopping the Yankees this year... they are a fucking Juggernaut