Author Topic: Teaparty march in DC draws Two Million protestors!  (Read 10426 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Teaparty march in DC draws Two Million protestors!
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2009, 03:09:44 PM »
Ha ha.  Yeah, the taxpayers are just in love with the idea of being taxed to death, lose the purchasing value fo their dollar, and have a DMV style health bill rammed down their throats?   

Nice straw man argument, but that doesn't change that fact that it's an inaccurate oversimplification.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »
Nice straw man argument, but that doesn't change that fact that it's an inaccurate oversimplification.

Ok, since I am such a simpleton in your eyes, why dont you tell me why Dear Leader has caused people into the streets and a major loss of popularity? 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
The conservative media is pretty powerful, and a  political climate like this makes it more influential.

Do you really believe that?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
Ok, since I am such a simpleton in your eyes, why dont you tell me why Dear Leader has caused people into the streets and a major loss of popularity?  

I never said you were a simpleton. I said your post was inaccurate and an oversimplification.

Any president is going to suffer a loss of popularity, especially if they came into office especially popular. I was responding not only to your post, but to the post you quoted and agreed with, as well.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
Do you really believe that?

Which part are you disputing? The fact that a government run by Democrats is a boon for the conservative media? Or the fact that even if you discount the internet and talk radio, msm isn't anywhere near as left-leaning as conservatives like to paint it? Even Drudge has stopped milking that cow.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »
Which part are you disputing? The fact that a government run by Democrats is a boon for the conservative media? Or the fact that even if you discount the internet and talk radio, msm isn't anywhere near as left-leaning as conservatives like to paint it? Even Drudge has stopped milking that cow.

I suppose I would dispute that "The conservative media is pretty powerful".  I think you're probably right about having a lib in office helps it, but I wouldn't consider it "pretty powerful".  Just a judgement call I guess.