Author Topic: Pres. Carter and others cry racism after Wilson's 'you lie' outburst  (Read 1895 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/15/carter.obama/index.html

------------------------

Why can't far left liberals, black liberation theologists, and even president Carter, understand that for the vast majority of people who have opposed recent moves by congress and the president, it is a difference of ideology.  Big gov vs limited gov, higher taxes vs less taxation, collective mandates vs personal freedom.  I fiercely disagree with these folks citing race as a leading factor.  If race was the primary factor, Michael Steele wouldn't be republican party chairman.  This is a debate of political ideology. 

I think some are trying to avoid factual debate, its easier to blame.  From Carter's perspective, I suppose you have an 80+ yr old liberal from the south that lived through a different era, where racism was unfortunately a common occurance.  However, its completely irresponsible of him charging good Americans as racist for disagreeing with the liberal democratic party agenda.  The more false racist claims out there, the more these people continue to divide the country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pres. Carter and others cry racism after Wilson's 'you lie' outburst
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 05:48:45 AM »
Was "you lie" racist?  No way.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:53:16 AM »
And to think that people actually had the nerve to call repubs racist. With as racist as the left and this administration are its going to be another 200 years before we see another black president.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:01 AM »
I heard some guy on (I think it was good morning america, Matt Lauer was interviewing) say it was.  Taking unbelieveable liberties with extrapolation, this guy was saying Wilson was a southern good ole boy who shouted 'you lie' at the president because he is racist.  There are some now saying Wilson said 'you lie boy'.  No one around him heard that.  They just made it up to give more credibility to their charge of racism.  Man, thats scary...it really is.  

There are real differences of ideology here and people are passionate about what they believe the role of the gov is in this country.  Ideology alone creates passion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:07:20 AM »
And to think that people actually had the nerve to call repubs racist. With as racist as the left and this administration are its going to be another 200 years before we see another black president.

A lot of white southerners are EXTREMELY racist.  I think everyone agrees to that.

Also, a lot of poor minorities are also EXTREMELY racist as well.  And I think we can all agre to that.

People are all too fast to blame race for differences in opinion.  Wilson was a rude d-bag, there is no doubt about it.  He's sucking up to his base for $, and many of them are racists, and many of them are not.  Just like in any district.  But I don't think he's racist in the least.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:22:49 AM »
A lot of white southerners are EXTREMELY racist.  I think everyone agrees to that.

Also, a lot of poor minorities are also EXTREMELY racist as well.  And I think we can all agre to that.

People are all too fast to blame race for differences in opinion.  Wilson was a rude d-bag, there is no doubt about it.  He's sucking up to his base for $, and many of them are racists, and many of them are not.  Just like in any district.  But I don't think he's racist in the least.

Its amazing.When Obama won and then had 75% approval ratings the country was healing itself or racial prejudice.Now that hes proven to be a crappy president and his polls drop 25% of the original 75% were nothing but racists.The left plays this card everytime they know they are in trouble.Its not working IN THE LEAST this time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 06:35:57 AM »
Its amazing.When Obama won and then had 75% approval ratings the country was healing itself or racial prejudice.Now that hes proven to be a crappy president and his polls drop 25% of the original 75% were nothing but racists.The left plays this card everytime they know they are in trouble.Its not working IN THE LEAST this time.

stop playing the race card billy.

Obama lost 25% of support because he lib'd things up, and ppl don't like that.  Not becauxe 25% of americas suddenly realized he was black.  He delivered a lot of unpopular things.

Plus, the economy is sinking.  It cost mccain the white house, and it's costing obama major points.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 06:37:41 AM »
stop playing the race card billy.

Obama lost 25% of support because he lib'd things up, and ppl don't like that.  Not becauxe 25% of americas suddenly realized he was black.  He delivered a lot of unpopular things.

Plus, the economy is sinking.  It cost mccain the white house, and it's costing obama major points.

Im not playing it,Im trying to understand how people can go from being post racial to racists in a matter of months.Carter says its because Obama is black.When he was at 75% approval where were the cries of racism?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »
My morning paper got wet inside the plastic bag.....it has to be racist.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »
Yeah, Obama has lost support because he adopted the agenda of the left wing of his party instead of being a centrist or more moderate democrat.  Clinton was sort of similar in his first year of office but when he became more moderate, he became a better president.  Hopefully Obama does the same...but I don't see it happening until there is more balance in congress which forces bipartisanism and compromise.  Pelosi, Reed and others on the far left see it as their time to ram things through right now, regardless of popularity.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »

"In trouble"  ::) for what? And he has nad no time to be "proven" as a bad or a good president.. In your mind he was a bad president before he was even elected. These are these preconcieved notions you already had about any black man that would become president. Then everything he does you think he should have done the opposite. The shit is so transparent its not even funny anymore. Its just sad and sick. Not doing full research on a subject, letting glen beck and sean hannity do your thinking for you. Come on man, have some pride in being a human and having access to information to be able to make your own decisions. Give the man a chance to make a legasy, you dont know how any of his policies will pan out for a few years. Reserve judgement till then, God damn ....this shit is fuckin ignorant, "Oh shit Obama said the weather was gonna be 75 and sunny...its 72 and partly cloudy...grrrrrrr he is the worst ever....grrr"...get a fuckin grip... shit

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 08:30:30 AM »
Come on man, have some pride in being a human and having access to information to be able to make your own decisions. Give the man a chance to make a legasy, you dont know how any of his policies will pan out for a few years. Reserve judgement till then
come on now mal you dont do that shit thats how we got Iraq man if something doesnt pass the smell test there is no need to implement it just to "make sure" it was what you thought it was.

we dont need trial by error in the presidency we need calculated and well thought out plans and execution of those plans.

bush didnt really have that and obama isnt showing much of it at all mal he is shown himself so far as a act for the sake of acting instead of actually planning shit out first and then acting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 08:37:35 AM »
"In trouble"  ::) for what? And he has nad no time to be "proven" as a bad or a good president.. In your mind he was a bad president before he was even elected. These are these preconcieved notions you already had about any black man that would become president. Then everything he does you think he should have done the opposite. The shit is so transparent its not even funny anymore. Its just sad and sick. Not doing full research on a subject, letting glen beck and sean hannity do your thinking for you. Come on man, have some pride in being a human and having access to information to be able to make your own decisions. Give the man a chance to make a legasy, you dont know how any of his policies will pan out for a few years. Reserve judgement till then, God damn ....this shit is fuckin ignorant, "Oh shit Obama said the weather was gonna be 75 and sunny...its 72 and partly cloudy...grrrrrrr he is the worst ever....grrr"...get a fuckin grip... shit

I would trust Tomlin or Dungey or before obama.  They have actually done things and have proven results and leadership. 

I would have no problem with either of those two over Obama in the WH.     

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 08:38:13 AM »

Your typical.I didnt like him because hes a lib,not because hes black.I hated Clinton even more.

Now,lets see,he has that racist Lowery speak at his inaugeration and insult whites.Reich insults whites Obama says nothing.Sotomyor insults whites Obama puts her on the supreme court,the gates issue,the black panther issue,the van jones issue.It goes on and on.HE  fired the first shot the very day he was inaugerated for having racist Lowery insult whites.

Now,lets see what hes done.Took over the banks,the auto industry,dictated CEO pay,now wants to cram a shitty health care bill down my throat,cap and trade shit,card check shit.ETC.Should I love him when he stands for things Im against.Were you a racist because you didnt like Bush?

Now,just remember this,it was Obama who said "THE WHITE MANS GREED RUNS A WORLD IN NEED".I GUESS HES SHOWING ME A GESTURE OF LOVE WITH THAT?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »
Your typical.I didnt like him because hes a lib,not because hes black.I hated Clinton even more.

Now,lets see,he has that racist Lowery speak at his inaugeration and insult whites.Reich insults whites Obama says nothing.Sotomyor insults whites Obama puts her on the supreme court,the gates issue,the black panther issue,the van jones issue.It goes on and on.HE  fired the first shot the very day he was inaugerated for having racist Lowery insult whites.

Are you shittin me. You up in arms about some shit YOU took as insults and he didnt say himself. Get it together and get some thicker skin. You worse than a liberal, lookin for shit to latch on and point a finger and call racist...damn..for real

Now,lets see what hes done.Took over the banks, Which are doing better and would have caused a depression if he didntthe auto industry,which he saved along with jobs and our countrys stake in the automotive industrydictated CEO pay maybe because it was governments money that was gonna pay them,now wants to cram a shitty health care bill down my throat first off...have you read the healthcare plan, do you have healthcare ...if so...keep it..,cap and trade shit,card check shit.ETC.Should I love him when he stands for things Im against.Were you a racist because you didnt like Bush? I was good with bush...no problem until he sent my friend to a dumb ass war in which he got his damn head blown off. The objective clearly changed "We gonna find WMDS...Well not any more, they aiint here so we gonna callit Iraqi freedom now..." thats my sole problem with bush. He sent my brother to his little war and put him in harms way and it wasnt justified.

Now,just remember this,it was Obama who said "THE WHITE MANS GREED RUNS A WORLD IN NEED".I GUESS HES SHOWING ME A GESTURE OF LOVE WITH THAT?
In this capitolist thing we got here...someone has to suffer.. The people at the top feed on the people at the bottom...who is at the top and who is at the bottom

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 09:17:32 AM »

Reagan ran a deficit because he had to up the military spending,which eventually defeated the Soviet Union BY HIMSELF!!Now,all those deficits combined will be less then Obama will run in his first year.

Lastly,how it that ALL the knocking of Obama is based on race,but a bus full of blacks cheering the beating of a white kid by blacks CANT POSSIBLY have anything to do with race.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »
Reagan ran a deficit because he had to up the military spending,which eventually defeated the Soviet Union BY HIMSELF!!Now,all those deficits combined will be less then Obama will run in his first year.

Lastly,how it that ALL the knocking of Obama is based on race,but a bus full of blacks cheering the beating of a white kid by blacks CANT POSSIBLY have anything to do with race.

what does that have to do with the price of tea in china..Obama has nothing to do with that.. what are you talking about

will you net the deficit based on the econimic conditions obama  took on when you make your 1 year calculations reguarding the deficit compared to past conservatives... or will you make another exuse

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »

This is bullshit

Fiscal Year Year Ending National Debt Deficit
FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion

True in 2000 we were a close as we are ever going to get to a blanced budget, there was never a surplus
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

When Bush took office there was 133.29 Billion deficit, and I am in no way condoning the crazy spending of Bush.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »
what does that have to do with the price of tea in china..Obama has nothing to do with that.. what are you talking about

will you net the deficit based on the econimic conditions obama  took on when you make your 1 year calculations reguarding the deficit compared to past conservatives... or will you make another exuse

Will you do the same for Reagan who took over for the biggest failure in the history of the country and inherrited a MUCH worse economic siruation?

Obama had nothing to do with the Gates case either but decided to shoot off his mouth there.I guess a white kid getting beaten doesnt rise to the same level as a Harvard Professor acting like a deuche bag.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 09:45:12 AM »
Will you do the same for Reagan who took over for the biggest failure in the history of the country and inherrited a MUCH worse economic siruation?

Obama had nothing to do with the Gates case either but decided to shoot off his mouth there.I guess a white kid getting beaten doesnt rise to the same level as a Harvard Professor acting like a deuche bag.

He was asked a question and he answered...So what, you think he will give these black high fives and tours of the white house...if he is asked a question about these kids then he would answer and condemn these dumbasses...but then you wont beleive him anyway, so whats the point...you lookin for something to latch on. And i will do the same for regan...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »

He was asked a question and he answered...So what, you think he will give these black high fives and tours of the white house...if he is asked a question about these kids then he would answer and condemn these dumbasses...but then you wont beleive him anyway, so whats the point...you lookin for something to latch on. And i will do the same for regan...

Mal -

Tomlin/Dungey 2012 -

Im on board for that 100%.  Those two guys get shit done and know how to lead.

What do you think? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »
Mal -

Tomlin/Dungey 2012 -

Im on board for that 100%.  Those two guys get shit done and know how to lead.

What do you think? 

I like Mitt Romney Seriously..but Tomlin/Dungey have a nice Steeler presence to it...lol

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 09:59:11 AM »

Your right,I wouldnt believe him.Once again,I can only judge him for what hes done NOT by what he says.

20 years in Wrights church
Lowery
Reich
black panthers scandle
van jones
acorn
sotomayor
gates
THE WHITE MANS GREED RUNS A WORLD IN NEED.

Now,Im not sure what you want me to do with all that.Should I ignore it the way democrats do on such issues like with Trent Lott or Don Imus?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »
I like Mitt Romney Seriously..but Tomlin/Dungey have a nice Steeler presence to it...lol

Tomlin to me is 100% real deal American male tough guy.  That is one guy I could get behind 100%.  There is just something about that guy that I like, not in a gay way of course, but just in terms of leadership.

He seems like a real mans man if that makes sense.     

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 10:03:56 AM »
Your right,I wouldnt believe him.Once again,I can only judge him for what hes done NOT by what he says.

20 years in Wrights church
Lowery
Reich
black panthers scandle
van jones
acorn
sotomayor
gates
THE WHITE MANS GREED RUNS A WORLD IN NEED.

Now,Im not sure what you want me to do with all that.Should I ignore it the way democrats do on such issues like with Trent Lott or Don Imus?

Shittin me right...Don imus wasnt a democrat or republican thing..thats the problem...You have aliances and enemies based on race...Rich white men dont give a shit about middle class just as rich Black men dont give a shit about middle...all this race shit is dumb and its for dumb people...The real successful dont see black and white...they see green..so why idiots are crying about "black man this and white man that" the rich are sayin who can get me paid..Racisim on both sides is out dated like 8-tracks. Racist people used to make me literally ill to the stomach, now i just shake my head...i have been around.. and i see..its so not black and white...its fuckin green