Author Topic: Iso-pure protein  (Read 2805 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Iso-pure protein
« on: September 17, 2009, 04:29:37 PM »
anyone use this? its pretty expensive compared to most of the rest, but its the only completely lactose-free whey protein powder i know of, and *seems* to be of higher quality that most other products. what do you guys think is it worth the extra cost? or is it all just placebo anyway?

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: Iso-pure protein
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 04:30:15 PM »
It's an excellent protein, one of the best out there.

body88

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »
anyone use this? its pretty expensive compared to most of the rest, but its the only completely lactose-free whey protein powder i know of, and *seems* to be of higher quality that most other products. what do you guys think is it worth the extra cost? or is it all just placebo anyway?

I've been using it for 4 years.  Nothing mixes or tastes better.  Awesome stuff; I would never change brands.  2 scoops dutch chocolate + 1 banana + blender = best breakfast ever for those on the go.

Zero carbs, also.

As for it being a placebo....thats up to you.  I think there is enough evidence out there that proves whey protein is worthwhile to use.  Also, Isopure is used in many hospitals for people with degenerative muscular diseases or conditions, due to the fact that it's lactose free and easily mixable + drinkable.

Albert Schmidt

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »
Always if the Protein content is high so is the price.Seems you are on a winner.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »
It's the best I have ever used.  There is so much hype with whey protein but this is the best.  It's pure isolate.  It mixes better than any other and it doesn't cause the stomach problems other "pure" isolate whey protein can cause.  I suspect that there is a loose interpretation by the protein companies of what isolate is as opposed to concentrate.  There also blends of isolate and concentrate. 

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
I sold it for years when I ran my store. Been two years since I used a protein powder of any kind. They are garbage. The human body was designed to respond to the amino acid profiles of animal meats, eggs, to a lesser extent milk and veggie protein etc. when you drink that crap it's bscly a derivative of whey and your body has no idea what to really do with it. Now, if you're on anabolics and/or insulin that's a much diff story. Your body is bscly supercharged and nitrogen is MUCH higher. You do not need your body's hormonal response as you are using artificial hormones anyway. My advise- for natural bber's stick with natural sources. Plain and simple.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »
I sold it for years when I ran my store. Been two years since I used a protein powder of any kind. They are garbage. The human body was designed to respond to the amino acid profiles of animal meats, eggs, to a lesser extent milk and veggie protein etc. when you drink that crap it's bscly a derivative of whey and your body has no idea what to really do with it. Now, if you're on anabolics and/or insulin that's a much diff story. Your body is bscly supercharged and nitrogen is MUCH higher. You do not need your body's hormonal response as you are using artificial hormones anyway. My advise- for natural bber's stick with natural sources. Plain and simple.

i agree that real food is the best bet, but this stuff is just so convenient and still more cost-effective than buying a ton of meat. and i can only eat so many eggs.. i just get sick of them.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »
just eat all the normal high calorie foods but the key is to eat different fruits with these high calorie meals

the result will be alot more  energy, 4-6 shits a day, bodyfat stays low because the fruits help you clear your bowls quicker while still attaining the energy from the foods
A

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 05:16:57 PM »
i have used it for awhile now. its hard to find, but i buy it when i see it.

bench

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »

lol, what a bunch of bullshit.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »
Good stuff.  usually you can get a 7.5 LB size for a decent price. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 06:05:23 PM »

It has always been the best on the market, period. 

That said, Species has a blend as well that's right up there, too, but is a little higher-priced right now, I think.

Yes, we all agree that food is best, but when you're doing 6-8 meals a day, it can be impractical to have whole foods for all of them.  It's doable if you make that commitment, but it's just not practical for most people's lifestyles. 

If you're using a WPI powder, though, you're going to pay more. 

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
lol, what a bunch of bullshit.

I highly doubt you know more than me and I guarantee you do not look better than me so until you do SHUT THE FUCK UP. hhahaha moron.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »
Pure protein? get Deca
TEAM WOLF

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »
Carbs to build muscles. Protein is for eskimos and pregnant women.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »
how do you know you are using a good protein powder? i never understood that.
like the results are so dramatic suddenly that it must be the powder ::)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 03:01:41 AM »
I've been using it for 4 years.  Nothing mixes or tastes better.  Awesome stuff; I would never change brands.  2 scoops dutch chocolate + 1 banana + blender = best breakfast ever for those on the go.

Zero carbs, also.

As for it being a placebo....thats up to you.  I think there is enough evidence out there that proves whey protein is worthwhile to use.  Also, Isopure is used in many hospitals for people with degenerative muscular diseases or conditions, due to the fact that it's lactose free and easily mixable + drinkable.

Who you kidding.everybody knows you get your protien straight from the tap ;)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 07:41:41 AM »
just fuking eat FOOD...everyone wanna shortcut

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
just eat all the normal high calorie foods but the key is to eat different fruits with these high calorie meals

the result will be alot more  energy, 4-6 shits a day, bodyfat stays low because the fruits help you clear your bowls quicker while still attaining the energy from the foods
And peanut butter and crackers dont forget those johnny

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 08:07:26 AM »
And peanut butter and crackers dont forget those johnny

what about twizzlers?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »
how do you know you are using a good protein powder? i never understood that.
like the results are so dramatic suddenly that it must be the powder ::)
If you do NOT feel bloated and gassy it is a being digested .
I may seriously start useing Isopro again for that reason, I can digest it unlike some other hehe

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 12:25:48 PM »

Zero carbs, also.

I don't get it.  You spend extra bucks for a Zero carb protein drink but then add a banana to it. Kind of counterproductive

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »
I don't get it.  You spend extra bucks for a Zero carb protein drink but then add a banana to it. Kind of counterproductive

it's all fucking stupid.  why you just don't eat food is really beyond me.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 07:13:13 PM »

it's all fucking stupid.  why you just don't eat food is really beyond me.

I think the majority of any good diet should be FOOD, but some work, or lifestyle demands prevent that sometimes. Far better to eat some fresh fruit with a pro drink than go without.