Author Topic: Rush is calling for segregated buses?  (Read 3932 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Rush is calling for segregated buses?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 07:23:49 PM »
Not really a surprise - I still find it difficult sometimes - you Americans are obsessed with race. I just don't find the same level of racism here in Oz - and yes we are multicultural and it actually works.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »
wtf? really? :-\

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2009/09/17/bus_rush/index.html?source=rss&aim=/politics/war_room

Do you really believe Salon is going to give an unbiased opinion of what was said? I catch Rush on occasion when nothing on sports radio, I can honestly say this was tongue and cheek, making fun of all the racism accusations being thrown around.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 08:07:50 PM »
It seems pretty clear to me that he was being sarcastic.  From the link:

"Referring to an incident in which a white student was beaten by black students on a bus, Limbaugh said: “I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.”..."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 08:31:12 PM »
Do you really believe Salon is going to give an unbiased opinion of what was said? I catch Rush on occasion when nothing on sports radio, I can honestly say this was tongue and cheek, making fun of all the racism accusations being thrown around.
almost everything is bias.  You want me to actually find the story covered on Fox before I post it ::)  I heard it on the radio, came home and searched it and grabbed the first link.. big fucking deal...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »
It seems pretty clear to me that he was being sarcastic.  From the link:

"Referring to an incident in which a white student was beaten by black students on a bus, Limbaugh said: “I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.”..."
that's fine, what point was he making in the sarcasm?  Sarcasm isn't out of the blue for nothing, it usually makes a point in a sarcastic way vs. directly stated.  What's the point here?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
almost everything is bias.  You want me to actually find the story covered on Fox before I post it ::)  I heard it on the radio, came home and searched it and grabbed the first link.. big fucking deal...

I don't watch fox or any other fucking cable news channel, but I do expect you to use a little fucking common fucking sense
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 08:53:37 PM »
I don't watch fox or any other fucking cable news channel, but I do expect you to use a little fucking common fucking sense
piss off.  I'll post whatever the fuck I want from wherever the fuck I want just like I've defended the right for righties here to do on several occasions.  There's been attempts to not allow drudge, fox, newsmax, even attempts to bar references from wiki.  So if you just want to reference c-span or whatever it is you do, fine.  I'll do what I do.  I happen to think the best way for people to see the truth is on boards like this where products like this are brought from whatever source and a truth found in the argument.  Right now there are a lot of people on the airwaves talking about rush being for segregation.  I see no problem with popping it down here for it to be hashed out.  If it's wrong, fine, if it's right, fine...  whatever...  But I seriously hate that shit of intimidating people not to use X source because it's bias ::) It's the easiest and most overused tool of censorship.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »
Not really a surprise - I still find it difficult sometimes - you Americans are obsessed with race. I just don't find the same level of racism here in Oz - and yes we are multicultural and it actually works.

Ha, your not like the US, don't even try it...even if you tried counting Kangaroos.
If you went to LA, Washington, DC, NYC for one day, you'd see more people of different races, ethnic groups, religions, than you have seen "actual people" in your country.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »
LOL I remember when I called for newsmax to be banned ... no matter what Hugo is right on this. there shouldn't be any censorship

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »
LOL I remember when I called for newsmax to be banned ... no matter what Hugo is right on this. there shouldn't be any censorship
sorry, I didn't remember who did it.  I just kind of have a memory of all the brief attempts by different people here to ban this or that. 

This is a stupid story anyway, I shouldn't have posted it.  Like you would say, a distraction.  But the only people who want to talk about what we want to talk about is you and me and maybe RPF.  So it's these silly pointless games or we go start another board :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
sorry, I didn't remember who did it.  I just kind of have a memory of all the brief attempts by different people here to ban this or that. 

This is a stupid story anyway, I shouldn't have posted it.  Like you would say, a distraction.  But the only people who want to talk about what we want to talk about is you and me and maybe RPF.  So it's these silly pointless games or we go start another board :D

no big deal, I remember posting that. I have no idea why I remember stuff like that either :D ... I called for a newsmax ban and you straightened me out on it. You are right censorship isn't good. no matter how fucked up the source is.

... I know it would be fun to talk about "those topics"  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 09:47:17 PM »
what is the EXACT rush quote?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
wtf? really? :-\

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2009/09/17/bus_rush/index.html?source=rss&aim=/politics/war_room

So.....you went to "salon" instead of getting the transcript right from Rush's site? I didn't hear about it, but knowing the left I'd bet that it was either taken waaaay out of context or it wasn't said at all. 240 is famous for taking Rush's quotes out of context!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
240 is famous for taking Rush's quotes out of context!!

I looked this one up.  I think he was being facetious on this one.

he's making race way bigger a deal than it should be, in light of all the other important things going on right now.  But hey, a large group of his listeners have certain racial *leanings*, so he's making his $ by pushing those buttons. 

If he wanted to positively affect society in the biggest way, he would be using his talents for explaining health care or cap/trade or working on 2012 repub chances.  instead, he's talking about 2 kids fighting on buses.  He's an entertainer, not an activist or agent of change.  He just wants to stir emotion in bored listeners.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »
So.....you went to "salon" instead of getting the transcript right from Rush's site? I didn't hear about it, but knowing the left I'd bet that it was either taken waaaay out of context or it wasn't said at all. 240 is famous for taking Rush's quotes out of context!!
I figured you would post the transcript like the old days ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »

lol , you are in denial.

didn't you guys have a huge Lebanese/muslim race riot a few years ago on the beach? I work with a ton of Australians and the way they talk about the aboriginals is waaaaaay worse then the way blacks get talked about here.

The main thrust of what the white Australians was saying was that the
Lebanese Australians were engaging in unacceptable behavior. This
behavior included 'aggressive' use of some of Sydney's beaches, as well
as sexual comments by Lebanese Australian young men towards white
Australian women. In the days before the riots, an assault on
Australian beach lifesavers - an icon of Australian culture - was the
immediate catalyst which led to the 5,000 demonstration.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 10:41:16 PM »
I figured you would post the transcript like the old days ;D

Why Hugo.........what ever are you referring to :P??

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:57 PM »
Why Hugo.........what ever are you referring to :P??
uhhh, nevermind ;)  ;D

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »
lol , you are in denial.

didn't you guys have a huge Lebanese/muslim race riot a few years ago on the beach? I work with a ton of Australians and the waaaaaaay they talk about the aboriginals is way worse then the way blacks get talked about here.

The main thrust of what the white Australians was saying was that the
Lebanese Australians were engaging in unacceptable behavior. This
behavior included 'aggressive' use of some of Sydney's beaches, as well
as sexual comments by Lebanese Australian young men towards white
Australian women. In the days before the riots, an assault on
Australian beach lifesavers - an icon of Australian culture - was the
immediate catalyst which led to the 5,000 demonstration.

Yeah, I have to concede, but it's nothing compared to some of the race stuff you have in the US. And this was more cultural than racial too. But anyone who lives in Oz knows that Sydney is a shit-hole. Go to Melbourne or Perth - they're much better.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »
oh and most Australians aren't posting on forums 24-7 saying "I bet I can guess what colour he was?" Shit we accept that these people grow up in disadvantaged circumstances - we don't say it's because it's got something to do with genetics or the colour of their skin.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 11:04:15 PM »
I remember John Pilger talking quite a bit about race problems in Australia.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »
I remember John Pilger talking quite a bit about race problems in Australia.

We don't have many ghettos here - come and see for yourself.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »
haha - he is a Hugo Chavez supporter

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »
We don't have many ghettos here - come and see for yourself.
I think it was something about government policy.