Author Topic: Tell me about Greeks + Article on Korean American Entrepreneurship  (Read 1912 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Tell me about Greeks + Article on Korean American Entrepreneurship
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:50:48 AM »
We have many Greeks in my community, almost all the families I know of are very successful.  Much higher percentage of financial success then non Greek families I know, or know of.  

The Greeks here came in the early 1900's and later some of them paid the way for others to come over. They own a large grocery in town, several commercial and residential rental properties, several good restaurants, and other businesses.

What's the deal with these people?   ???

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80/1b/0f/45.pdf

S

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Tell me about Greeks... (Entrepreneurship)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 06:27:23 AM »
We have many Greeks in my community, almost all the families I know of are very successful.  Much higher percentage of financial success then non Greek families I know, or know of. 

The Greeks here came in the early 1900's and later some of them paid the way for others to come over. They own a large grocery in town, several commercial and residential rental properties, several good restaurants, and other businesses.

What's the deal with these people?   ???

What's the saying? The first gen builds it, the second generation consolodates it, and the third generation spends it...

it's like this for Korean communities, and on the West coast, the Chinese, Korean, and other Asian communities.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:31:57 AM »
What's the saying? The first gen builds it, the second generation consolodates it, and the third generation spends it...

it's like this for Korean communities, and on the West coast, the Chinese, Korean, and other Asian communities.

Sad... lol

I know someone who inherited half a million dollars and spent it all in three years.  :-X

S

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:19:35 AM »
Sad... lol

I know someone who inherited half a million dollars and spent it all in three years.  :-X

Well, it's like that. Here in Maryland there is a honors University that arnold S. sits on the board of, it's called UMBC--I kid you not, most of the graduate students are black females and Asians, but you will see a BMW M3 every 5 minutes. There is a large Korean community, and they kept their money, but, the third or second gen, spends all that money on Ricing their cars up, or BMW M3's.