Author Topic: Chris Cormier showing Ronnie how to so a side chest  (Read 5596 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Chris Cormier showing Ronnie how to so a side chest
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
LOL are you trying to argue that Ronnie wasn't "that good" because on some pics his arms or shoulders are 4.324234234° too far to left...
::)

not surprising at all, given ND's desperate attempts to make ronnie seem less than his hero dorian, when in fact he was miles above..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 12:05:17 PM »
No he doesn't and it's not just the performance of the pose it's the structure backing it up , Ronnie's side chest wouldn't look as good even if he tried it like Chris

Whats wrong with that. The correct way to hit any pose, is the way that is the most flattering to your structure. Perhaps this Coleman isnt as dumb as I once thought...  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
Whats wrong with that. The correct way to hit any pose, is the way that is the most flattering to your structure. Perhaps this Coleman isnt as dumb as I once thought...  ;)

he had a great chest you'd never know because most of that shot is delt that's not helping

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2009, 01:39:43 PM »
I'll make my monthly bb post. Levrone had the best side chest ever.

Arnold > Levrone

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 01:54:35 PM »
not surprising at all, given ND's desperate attempts to make ronnie seem less than his hero dorian, when in fact he was miles above..
It's statements like this that make you lose credibility Hulkster.  Ronnie was arguably better than Dorian; however, it was very, very close and it comes down to one's subjective preference.  But your statements like "miles above" or a "distant second" when comparing them are ridiculous.  

In all seriousness, why all the hate for Dorian?  I am honestly curious as it seems unhealthy.  I mean, you brought up Dorian as being "underrated" in a Kevin Levrone thread, and here you are bringing him up in a Chris Cormier/Ronnie thread; neither have anything to do with Dorian, and yet you continually bring him into just about every one of your posts.  Seriously, why is Dorian on your mind 24/7 ???

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »
ronnie in 2003

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »
unbelievable side chest whether he hitting it "properly" or not

just another pathetic attempt from ND to denigrate coleman

gee ND did you see that shot and think "hey i 'll post this pic on getbig so i can point out to everyone who doesn't "get it" that ronnie isnt hitting his pose right"

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »

gee ND did you see that shot and think "hey i 'll post this pic on getbig so i can point out to everyone who doesn't "get it" that ronnie isnt hitting his pose right"

Seriously. It's petty scrutiny.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »

Please explain how I ' denigrated ' Coleman? please do . I said Chris is showing him how it's done ( never ONCE claim he beat him in it ) and also said it was never really one of his stronger poses , again I ask how is this ' denigrating ' him?

It's not you're just another Coleman fanboy looking to attack the messenger when you can't stand the message , as usual you have not much to offer go make some more failed threads uncovering Dorian's gut from 1992  ;)

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 03:18:21 PM »
Ronnie's inability to perform the "side chest" really hurt his placings at contests over the years.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:48 PM »

when he hits the pose more properly, well, there is a reason why Peter McGough felt Ronnie's 99 olympia physique advanced the sport..

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_7_23/ai_n15346614/

enjoy the read..

IN NOWHERE IN THAT ENTIRE ARTICLE IS THERE ANY REFERENCE TO RONNE IN 99 'ADVANCING' THE SPORT AS YOU CLAIM.  IN FACT, PM SITES RONNIE IN 01 AS HIS BEST EVER.

WHAT A FUCKING CLOWN - YOU POST SOURCES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU ANYTHING YOU CLAIM.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »
best mr. o's:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_7_23/ai_n15346614/

Dorian Yates | 1993

When he first walked out onstage, someone cried, "You're a dinosaur, Yates" (it was a compliment). Given his stunning superiority, the judges saw no need to include him in a muscularity comparison, so Wayne DeMilia called out Yates, Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray just for the audience. The Shadow was so far ahead of the field that Samir Bannout was prompted to say, "Yates was first, second and third."

if ronnie was as good as you claim in 99, hulkster, than the same thing should have happened with ronnie not being called out in the muscularity round.

he was called out all fucking night.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
It's the side chest Ronnie not the side delt pose

You're an idiot.. there are around 20+ photographers or cameramen seated across the first couple of rows spanning at least 30ft.  depending on who shot the photo the angle changes.  Face it Ronnie was better than Dorian at his peak.  

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2009, 09:27:14 PM »

IN NOWHERE IN THAT ENTIRE ARTICLE IS THERE ANY REFERENCE TO RONNE IN 99 'ADVANCING' THE SPORT AS YOU CLAIM.  IN FACT, PM SITES RONNIE IN 01 AS HIS BEST EVER.

WHAT A FUCKING CLOWN - YOU POST SOURCES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU ANYTHING YOU CLAIM.

lol its amazing how stupid you are. the whole point of the article is a list of Mr. O physiques that advanced the sport..

did you not even read it? or are you too dumb to understand it? ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
You're an idiot.. there are around 20+ photographers or cameramen seated across the first couple of rows spanning at least 30ft.  depending on who shot the photo the angle changes.  Face it Ronnie was better than Dorian at his peak.  

yup. Flowerboy is in denial.
Flower Boy Ran Away

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
Ronnie is the GOAT.  This is not up for debate.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »
if ronnie was as good as you claim in 99, hulkster, than the same thing should have happened with ronnie not being called out in the muscularity round.

he was called out all fucking night.

actually, that is what is known as properly and fairly judging a contest... ::)

something that seldom happened during dorian's reign it seems..

by definition, if the judges were prepared to score him without comparing him, its biased judging.

at its very best, actually. you can't get any more biased than something like that...

you morons think it shows his dominance when in fact it shows that the contest was already decided before dorian stepped onstage.. ::)

can't get any more partial than that folks..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2009, 09:34:41 PM »

do you need hooked on phonics? hahahahaha

and highlight those instances where the winner advanced the sport on that particular day. With that in mind, I would nominate the following.

Ronnie Coleman | 1999[/b]
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »
It's statements like this that make you lose credibility Hulkster.  Ronnie was arguably better than Dorian; however, it was very, very close and it comes down to one's subjective preference.  But your statements like "miles above" or a "distant second" when comparing them are ridiculous.  

In all seriousness, why all the hate for Dorian?  I am honestly curious as it seems unhealthy.  I mean, you brought up Dorian as being "underrated" in a Kevin Levrone thread, and here you are bringing him up in a Chris Cormier/Ronnie thread; neither have anything to do with Dorian, and yet you continually bring him into just about every one of your posts.  Seriously, why is Dorian on your mind 24/7 ???

its not. but its fun to rile up weak-minded nuthuggers. works every time 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »

All those photographers, yet not one has ever snapped a shot of Big Ron throwing a proper side chest.   

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 12:12:26 AM »
All those photographers, yet not one has ever snapped a shot of Big Ron throwing a proper side chest.   

not performing how YOU want it done

the majority of bbers today do it in a different style to your heroes of yesteryear

just deal with it

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 05:33:18 AM »

You're an idiot for making a blanket statement without backing anything up you're also an idiot for trying to divert the topic to Dorian when I was talking about Chris , and face it Ronnie insists Dorian was better at his peak , deal with it  ;)

and the angle has absolutely nothing to do with his pulling his arm back to fully show his pecs , expanding the rib cage it's not the angle

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 05:34:53 AM »
not performing how YOU want it done

the majority of bbers today do it in a different style to your heroes of yesteryear

just deal with it

It has nothing to do with ' yesteryear ' Chris is on the same stage doing the pose correctly

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 05:41:59 AM »
lol its amazing how stupid you are. the whole point of the article is a list of Mr. O physiques that advanced the sport..

did you not even read it? or are you too dumb to understand it? ::)

And that means what? NOTHING you think because they were listed in chronological order that means Ronnie is better which is a blatant LIE on your behalf because McGough prefaces the article by saying he CAN NOT choose a best Mr Olympia , but you being so fucking desperate for any angle because Ronnie himself said on many occasions he couldn't touch Dorian drew your own conclusion it shows what limited mental capacity you're working with

You'll hyperfocus on McGough point but totally blow off how he says 2001 is his best showing , and he was never harder or drier than Dorian , besides being an idiot you're a hypocrite and not a very sophisticated one at that either 

Ronnie knows more about Ronnie ...... and what does Ronnie have to say? yeah I thought so