Author Topic: woah! best form on heavy barbell curls ive ever seen!  (Read 4893 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: woah! best form on heavy barbell curls ive ever seen!
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 01:32:45 AM »
do you need help?

surely you can work it out...i would have to be over 40, right?

You did not answer the question.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 02:08:38 AM »
I know there aren't many "roto-bars" out there anymore, but they allow you to turn your hands in a supinating action against resistance as you do the exercise.

The more weight you use, the greater the resistance as you turn your hands. If you were to do the exercise correctly the biceps would be doubly taxed, not only in the portion of flexion, but also in the action of supination.

I would also assume that maintaining as much thoracic and intra-abdominal pressure would help hold your spine in place, which in turn, would help keep you from cheating.

Everyone I see curling uses momentum to get the weight up. You'd be better off leaning against a wall and keeping your elbows stationary.

There is this one dude at my gym that is about 6 feet tall and about 150 lbs. soakin' wet. He cheat curls 135 lbs. regularly. I'm waiting for his back to break or for him to fall backwards when he tries to reverse-press the weight at the top of the rep. His joints are already turning to shit just because of the way he lets the weight drop. His elbows are probably like a worn out U-joint by now.

Another year (or less) and he won't even be able to whack off...

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 02:14:26 AM »
His joints are already turning to shit just because of the way he lets the weight drop. His elbows are probably like a worn out U-joint by now.

Another year (or less) and he won't even be able to whack off...

You're like a walking MRI machine. Awesome!

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 02:27:36 AM »
the guy is impressive

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2009, 02:35:31 AM »
You're like a walking MRI machine. Awesome!

Yep, I can see right through you...

Now, go get your liver, kidneys and brain checked. You've got tumors.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 02:59:31 AM »
The idea behind the EZ bar is that is does not compromise the elbow joints as much as a straight bar. The EZ Curl bar is useful for any exercise that puts excessive pressure on the wrists or elbows.

If you are curling a straight bar with heavy weights, or weights that may be too heavy for you, the tension on the biceps is minimized and is placed elsewhere. This "elsewhere" would be the wrist and elbow joints. The elbow joint does not just move the  arm straight up and down. If the wrists are supinated, the elbow travels upward and away from the body in its natural path of direction. A straight bar with heavy weights will force the arms to move straight up and down, taking away from the natural directional preference of the elbow joint. The joints of the elbows are then "compromised" and forced to do something that is unnatural and dangerous.

When you are young and full of cum... I mean test and D-bol, you won't notice. When you get older and you've stuck to your straight arm heavy bar curls, your elbows will be lettin' you know fo sho.

One of you bastages is gonna be crowned the next training board mod... I can see it now.

good post! thank you for taking the time.  :)