Author Topic: Nike denies relationship with Michael Vick - in trouble again  (Read 8065 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Vick in trouble....again.
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2009, 06:03:41 AM »
I think I meant to say recidivism...you know, bros get out, get arrested again, go right back in! Hell, whatever word is meant that they get re-jailed. Its very high.
Not all those brothas make millions of dollars. And most of those men have crim history. Also if you have crim convictions (especially felonies) and you are black nobody will hire you, yet mcdonald's, burgerking, wendy's will hire illegal immigrants in a sec, and they don't have to speak English and messing up the orders is okay. Knowing this, the logic is "why not go back on the streets and sell or hustle", do I agree with it? No, I do not but I understand the thinking, I see and deal with it up close and personal everyday. But they must realize, that those are their mistakes and that there are going to be consequences for their actions, like it being harder for them to find jobs, because one, they are black, two, they have a criminal background. That's two strikes against you. Whose gonna hire a black man with limited education, and crim record ( no matter that he keep track of money better than many accountants)...

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2009, 06:05:37 AM »
Not all those brothas make millions of dollars. And most of those men have crim history. Also if you have crim convictions (especially felonies) and you are black nobody will hire you, yet mcdonald's, burgerking, wendy's will hire illegal immigrants in a sec,

You sure national chains like that take chances like that?

and they don't have to speak English and messing up the orders is okay. Knowing this, the logic is "why not go back on the streets and sell or hustle", do I agree with it? No, I do not but I understand the thinking, I see and deal with it up close and personal everyday. But they must realize, that those are their mistakes and that there are going to be consequences for their actions, like it being harder for them to find jobs, because one, they are black, two, they have a criminal background. That's two strikes against you. Whose gonna hire a black man with limited education, and crim record ( no matter that he keep track of money better than many accountants)...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Nike denies relationship with Michael Vick - in trouble again
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2009, 06:12:10 AM »
So your boy abuses goats, too?

hahah
his not my boy, but i do believe in giving him a fair go...

lax

• Getbig IV
Re: Nike denies relationship with Michael Vick - in trouble again
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2009, 06:13:10 AM »
hahah
his not my boy, but i do believe in giving him a fair go...

I am kinda ambivalent on it

guess if it were me I'd want a 2nd shot too

but....

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2009, 06:24:52 AM »

Hell yeah, you don't get out much do you? Where I live you see many that( we don't know if they are legal or illegal, and if these chains don't care if they speak English, do you think they really care if they are legal?) they eff up the orders, eff up the coupons, eff up the gift cards, eff up the money and change. In fact twice I asked for a sundae and they gave me nothing but vanilla icecream in a cup! I had to ask foe the fudge. Aprox 12 diff times in 2 diff counties, Ive had my order mixed up to the point, where I have gotten the people's order that was either in front of me, or behind me--and been told that is what I ordered. I have gotten either two of the same thing (good but defrauding the company), the wrong thing, or told that the cred card machine is down and gotten free food (again, good for me, but defrauding the company)

It has gotten to the point where one of our former governors had said publicly that if you are going to work at mcdonald's then one should know how to speak English.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2009, 06:29:27 AM »
Hell yeah, you don't get out much do you? Where I live you see many that( we don't know if they are legal or illegal, and if these chains don't care if they speak English, do you think they really care if they are legal?) they eff up the orders, eff up the coupons, eff up the gift cards, eff up the money and change. In fact twice I asked for a sundae and they gave me nothing but vanilla icecream in a cup! I had to ask foe the fudge. Aprox 12 diff times in 2 diff counties, Ive had my order mixed up to the point, where I have gotten the people's order that was either in front of me, or behind me--and been told that is what I ordered. I have gotten either two of the same thing (good but defrauding the company), the wrong thing, or told that the cred card machine is down and gotten free food (again, good for me, but defrauding the company)

It has gotten to the point where one of our former governors had said publicly that if you are going to work at mcdonald's then one should know how to speak English.

kinda like president of Australia to muslims...'if yopu don't like our customs and do not want to assimilate...get the fuck out

beeyootiful

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2009, 06:40:29 AM »
kinda like president of Australia to muslims...'if yopu don't like our customs and do not want to assimilate...get the fuck out

beeyootiful
The former maryland governor that said this got into hot water, and because of his age, he was told that he is out of touch with reality and society today.

So here is the question. Would you give a job to a 19-22 yr old black kid that has felony conviction for pwid ( possession w/ intent to distribute) of Mari, coke, or crack, and wants to work, or someone who can't speak English, and it is uncertain if they are documented ( even though there are ways to tell)?

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2009, 06:45:43 AM »
The former maryland governor that said this got into hot water, and because of his age, he was told that he is out of touch with reality and society today.

So here is the question. Would you give a job to a 19-22 yr old black kid that has felony conviction for pwid ( possession w/ intent to distribute) of Mari, coke, or crack, and wants to work, or someone who can't speak English, and it is uncertain if they are documented ( even though there are ways to tell)?

dude
that is a no-brainer for me
give it to the black kid...at least he is a citizen...if the choice is hire an liilegal alien or Mike Vick...I'd hire Vick first...and I hate Vick...which tells you how much I detest illegals

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2009, 06:46:35 AM »

and I don't get this shit where there are laws disallowing asking illegals if they are citizens or not
fuck that

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2009, 07:01:36 AM »
and I don't get this shit where there are laws disallowing asking illegals if they are citizens or not
fuck that
I don't know what the hiring process is, nor the vetting. So I cannot answer that. But it amzes me how people can get hired, yet others who apply for such jobs like working at fast food places cannot. I kid you not, I have told a black kid with that scenario I gave this: "The Mcdonalds on W st had nothing but latinos working there, the Popeyes on w st had nothing but Latinos working there. If they can find a job, then so can you." His reply? "I asked and applied for a position at the mcdonald's and they told me that won't hire me, because I have a felony conviction."

now, some of the only jobs you can get if you are just let out of jail are fast food joints, but now I guess it's too much of risk now, huh?

And guess what this young man was being charged with? Pwid again, because everywhere he goes, he noone will hire him, he's got a baby to feed. You tell me, hustle to feed that kid or stay home and moap about because nobody will hire you? As I said earlier, I don't agree with many do, but I understand the logic