Author Topic: Update on the Undertaker....  (Read 19915 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Update on the Undertaker....
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:56:42 AM »
As per PWI....

Right now there is a lot of concern regarding the health of The Undertaker. He came back to work in Puerto Rico, as a warm up for his Breaking Point match, and that is when concern started. After WrestleMania, 'Taker had hip surgery, but it was played off as a minor thing. In reality, he had very serious surgery, possibly a hip replacement, and the company wondered if he would return at all. Taker is in a lot of pain, and noticeably slower; this is why the Breaking Point match was booked to be so short. Some are wondering if we will see him retire at WrestleMania 26. He is 44 years old.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
Re: Update on the Undertaker....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:43:47 AM »
So the question is does he loose at Mania and if so who does he put over.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »
I would prefer to see him not lose at Mania.  Mainly because I don't think anybody right now deserves the push.  But also, it sets up a possible return down the road.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »
Undertaker looks extremely old nowadays in the ring.

I don't understand why some fans thought he was performing better than ever in the ring up until about a year ago. As soon as he hit around 40, he starting to break down pretty badly, physically. He's been wrestling less than half a year's schedule ever since.

Next year's 'Mainia should be his last even though Mcmahon will probably try to coax him into wrestling a couple of more years.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
I think on a limited schedule he's good for a few more years.  Michaels has gotta be just as beat up and he's still going.  If they can keep him going until he's 20-0 at WM, that'd be awesome.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
How do you think he'd retire? With a Flair like sendoff that he deserves or some crazy "magic" way because of him so into kayfabe.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 06:06:27 PM »
How do you think he'd retire? With a Flair like sendoff that he deserves or some crazy "magic" way because of him so into kayfabe.

Some kind of Coffin/Burn in Hell/Death match, where he loses and is slammed into a pit of flames, and the whole arena goes dark.  Then the soul of the Deadman rises into the roof, and is gone forever.

;D

He's never gonna have a normal retirement, he even came out at Flair's send-off in character.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »

He's never gonna have a normal retirement, he even came out at Flair's send-off in character.
I've heard that he doesn't attend the hall of fame show or other events because it wouldn't "fit" his character.

I don't think he'll get a normal retirement, he'll go out in some crazy fashion and never be seen again. I don't think he's the kind of guy that would do "comebacks" after he retires, one time, he's gone.

He's had an awesome run for sure.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Fast forward to 3:35

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 04:20:50 AM »
Some kind of Coffin/Burn in Hell/Death match, where he loses and is slammed into a pit of flames, and the whole arena goes dark.  Then the soul of the Deadman rises into the roof, and is gone forever.

;D

That's actually not a bad idea.

Mind you, I would not like to see an end to the WM streak either. But who's to say he'll retire at Wm? It could be a SS or RR PPV.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 06:00:02 AM »
That's actually not a bad idea.

Mind you, I would not like to see an end to the WM streak either. But who's to say he'll retire at Wm? It could be a SS or RR PPV.

Definitely not the streak, for two reasons.  Firstly, there is no-one in the WWE today who deserves to end that run, and secondly because that should be Taker's legacy.  Flair is the '16 time World Champion' and Taker should be the 'Undefeated WM Phenom'.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
Definitely not the streak, for two reasons.  Firstly, there is no-one in the WWE today who deserves to end that run, and secondly because that should be Taker's legacy.  Flair is the '16 time World Champion' and Taker should be the 'Undefeated WM Phenom'.
Agreed 100%. If anything, I would imagine one final "killer match" like a hell in the cell or something extravagant on a good PPV show like Royal Rumble or Summerslam. If it is Wrestlemania, he will have to win to keep his streak.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 07:46:35 AM »
He only has Cena left to have afued with. Either him of a heel HHH. Who else is there? It would be a rip off if he looses the Mania streak. It would be even more of a rip off if he lost it to Cena. This is one of my fears. Cena doesn't deserve it.
Totally agree with you there, Chef. I don't even think C.M.Punk should be in the same ring with him let alone the same arena.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 09:39:45 AM »
I think on a limited schedule he's good for a few more years.  Michaels has gotta be just as beat up and he's still going.  If they can keep him going until he's 20-0 at WM, that'd be awesome.

But why keep going until he reaches that milestone? For the novelty of being 20-0? If he's going to continue to look like shit in the ring as he gets older, then what's the point of continuing? At this rate he'll be lucky to walk at age 50 if he quits now.

I understand the love and the passion these older wrestlers have for the business. The lifestyle sinks it's hooks into you and i'm sure its very empowering to get those cheers from the crowd. They have hard time letting go of that rush. But watching some of these guys trying to hang on for too long is pathetic. They look old and beat up and it's sad to see. Undertaker is not quite at that point but he's really on the cusp right now. He's had such a tremendous career in terms of longevity and popularity. I was a little kid when he first appeared on the scene with brother love in the late 80's.

Hang it up at 'Mania, Taker.....Nothing left to prove......

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »
I think on a limited schedule he's good for a few more years.  Michaels has gotta be just as beat up and he's still going.  If they can keep him going until he's 20-0 at WM, that'd be awesome.
Problem is that he is already on a very limited schedual. He has nothing left to prove. Time to hang it up as much as it sucks. Its is the reality of the matter.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
The thing at the moment is that he's still not recovered from his hip surgery, so that's affecting his performances.  If he could take a couple more months off, and let it heal properly, then I think he'd be good for another couple of years.  They could even give him a PPV only style gig, where he can make appearances on the TV tapings to build matches up, but no full on wrestling.  Two and half years, 20-0 at WM and then he can leave, with arguably the most impressive career of all time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
I really don't think he's in it to prove anything? Money and power. Thats his game. Just put yourself in his situation. That huge entrance. The crowd goes silent. He basically always wins. This is twenty years we're talking about! And from what I understand he's the Boss backstage. That Sara Tat is off his neck so I imagine he's a bachelor? People worship him across the entire Globe! He's The Undertaker. He cannot give that up. He's not going to retire until he absolutely has to. I don't want to see him suffer. But he's gonna because he's not gonna hang it up anytime soon.
That's exactly what was said about 'Randy the ram" in the movie "The Wrestler". He didn't know when to quit either. Look what happened to him at the end of the movie. The human body can only endure so much before it say, "I QUIT" and the person drops dead.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
Taker-Punk was originally scheduled to go on last but Taker requested to move it to the opener because he wasn't sure he was capable of a PPV-quality main event in the shape he's in.

Mike Johnson at pwinsider

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
Taker-Punk was originally scheduled to go on last but Taker requested to move it to the opener because he wasn't sure he was capable of a PPV-quality main event in the shape he's in.

Mike Johnson at pwinsider

All credit to him, that shows how much he cares about the business and not himself, unlike other more ego-driven stars.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 07:39:47 AM »
Don't forget. He's 44 years old, folks. He just had a major hip replacement and his knees are fried. Care about the business? Lol....they are ALL EGO driven and only care about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. You need to know when to let go or like "Randy The Ram" in The Wrestler, your body breaks down and eventually --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
Don't forget. He's 44 years old, folks. He just had a major hip replacement and his knees are fried. Care about the business? Lol....they are ALL EGO driven and only care about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. You need to know when to let go or like "Randy The Ram" in The Wrestler, your body breaks down and eventually --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't deny that he'll have an ego, but I think he's someone who can look at the bigger picture, and move aside when he knows he can't deliver the goods.  Whether he can give up the high that performing gives him is another matter.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »
I don't deny that he'll have an ego, but I think he's someone who can look at the bigger picture, and move aside when he knows he can't deliver the goods.  Whether he can give up the high that performing gives him is another matter.
I give him 1 year max before he is forced to quite. Notice I said forced.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »
on a side note, when did HBK become the Nasser of WWE? He turned google eyed over night.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »
I give him 1 year max before he is forced to quite. Notice I said forced.

You think he'll be forced out?  That would be a big shock if it happened, he's the head of the locker room, the most respected guy on the roster.  I would think that Vince needs him about, as a figurehead to the younger guys.  I agree that he hasn't got long left, but I think he'll retire of his own accord in the next few years.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »
What could have happened to his eyes? Could he have had that lazy eye syndrome as a kid and it just came back? I'd bet anything he wears that low brim cowboy hat to hide it during interviews. Watch anyone of his matches and 90% of it is him getting his butt whipped. Could that have made his eyes crooked? Any ideas? 
Exactly why he is over rated beyond belief. After this last "hell in a cell" ::) it proves what I thought all along........typical Micheals match.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!