Author Topic: Update on the Undertaker....  (Read 19914 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Update on the Undertaker....
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 04:38:40 AM »
You think he'll be forced out?  That would be a big shock if it happened, he's the head of the locker room, the most respected guy on the roster.  I would think that Vince needs him about, as a figurehead to the younger guys.  I agree that he hasn't got long left, but I think he'll retire of his own accord in the next few years.
Frced meaning due to severe injuries because he doesn't know when to call it quits.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 04:13:40 PM »
Come on he's not over rated at all. In the time of his career think of all the guys that have come and gone. If it's personnal? I get it. I will always hate the NWO and especially Bischoff. WOW it was cool at the time. New new new world order. For life. But now we look back at it and? It was a joke from the get go. Throwing garbage into the ring was completely disrespectful and really brought down Wrestling. It wasn't cool. Hall lost his macheesmo and Nash never had any. Completely dropped the ball with Savage and my beloved Mr. Perfect. And Sting in the rafters for years with that dumb crow face paint and ball bat. How's about Luger? Now take a look at HBK. Bret/Shawn is equivilant to Ali/Frazier. Michaels has had some of the best matches in Federation history. Every single one of them he has made exciting. I didn't see the DX cell match the other night. Maybe he looked like shite at the end? With his hair all messed up bald spot showing. But I don't even have to wonder? I'm sure he put on a great show! HBK is the showstoppa. I hope he wins next years Rumble.
No, no...every match the same....Sean gets beat up for several minutes, does the flip over the corner, the *pop* up from the ground, flying elbow, kick to the head......he wins, or he gets the *hot* tag to HHH....always the same.  All Sean does good is get beat up. :(

BTW, Bret made Sean look good during their matches. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »
All wrestlers do the same moves over and over. Your telling me Bret didn't do the same things over and over again. Hogan. Undertaker. They all do the same things. How is HBK any different then Flair. Flairs career was based on talking smack and getting the living shit kicked out of him. Every single match Flair has been in he tries climbing to the top rope. The opponent catches him and chucks Flair off the top rope on to his back. He has done that every single match he has been in. Does Flair even have a finisher???? I've probably seen two people submit to Flairs figure four. Everytime he puts someone in it they roll over and reverse it on him. 
I just don't think Seans move set is so impressive he deserves the moniker "The Showstoppa".....

In fact I'll go as far to say his matches pretty much bore me. :-\  I would rather watch Randy Orton because he brings that level of "unknown" to the match, Sean.....bleh, you know what you are going to see.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »
Are you trying to press Chef Timmy's buttons here or what? What do you think about the Mania match against the Undertaker? When Shawns on the Big Stage no one compares. He's gonna go off both at the Rumble then steal the show at Mania.
He'll flop around trying to hide his bald spot for fifteen minutes, then pop up with a superkick. ::)

HBK should retire.  HHH outshines him at every match and those young buck Cody/Ted have been carrying him for weeks.

The Mania match w him and 'Taker........let's just say we all see the toll it took on Undertaker to carry that 178lb HBK through that match.

Maybe a heel turn would work for Sean, he could let his arrogance shine through and be more creative? But his religion won't allow him to do those things anymore, so.... :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »
Maybe a heel turn would work for Sean, he could let his arrogance shine through and be more creative? But his religion won't allow him to do those things anymore, so.... :-\

You mean act?

178lb. HBK...

;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 08:11:32 PM »
You mean act?

Yes, I had heard that the last time DX did a reunion Sean wanted to get out of as many skits as possible that would conflict with his religious beliefs. If he can bend the rules to be an "edgy" good guy, how can he break them to be a good villian?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
It's only make-believe, Shawn...it's only make-believe.

You don’t have to actually crotch chop someone’s grandmother at the supermarket unless it’s part of a vignette.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 04:42:05 AM »
Shawn Michaels:

Positives - he is a great performer, great on the mic, excellent athletesizm.

Negatives - a major suck backstage, , doesn't take instructions backstage, refuses to job (lose) to people, not liked by a lot of individuals, attitude, attitude & attitude.

When the negatives outshine the positives, it will tarnish a career. Definately not the same Shawn Michaels as he USED to be. Lost a lot of weight (do to no gas...or training for that matter), lost a ton of hair and is 44 years old and has slowed down dramatically. He's already on a very light schedual. Over-rated? Absolutely. He's good...but not that good. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Hogan or Flair. Sorry. He's done. Over. Maybe he should stick to "praying".  ::)

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 09:05:47 PM »
Suppose the Undertaker retired tomorrow. Would we accept Kane as his predecessor? Kane's gonna get the biggest push of his career once Undertaker steps down.

successor

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 05:35:08 AM »
We'll see come Wrestlemania.
They're already teasing a Michaels & Hornswoggle tag match at WM26 if you really must know. There's your showstopper. Reduced to teaming with a midget. Mind you anything is subject to change. The main event for survivor series is Cena vs HHH vs Michaels for the title. So they may even use that to beak up DX leading into the royal rumble.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 07:11:59 AM »
If Hornswoggle gets a main event match at WM, I will personally fly to Connecticut and punch Vince.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
Everyone always says HBK isn't a team player. Won't give anyone a push? If he's known as Mr. Wrestlemania how on Earth is VKM gonna match him with a midget on the big stage. How on Earth would Shawn agree to a match like this at Mania? Chef Tim says no way this is going down. If it does? Whats next? This little shit becomes the Heaveyweight Champion?
HBK is finished. He even admitted it. His knees are fried. Even now he is working an extremely limited schedual and mostly tag matches and he's the reason why DX was reformed so he could work less.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 05:17:41 AM »
So you don't agree that the fans weren't completely bored with HHH because he was way played out and had no where else to go? There's more to putting DX back together besides HBK. One last merchandise push. Come on HHH was completely played. There was no where else to put him. He needed to fade out of the main spotlight and charge back up. Remember after this lame asses Cena/Orton "Rivalry". It was the HHH/Orton suckfest Rivalry. What was the toilet of a fued HHH was in before that? I cannot remember either because he and Orton seemed to last flipping forever!!!!!!!!! Man did that suck!
Problem is that there is no one else for HHH to fued with. If WWE was smart they would lose the whole separate roster / brand thing and have anyone show up on any show. This would make it more exciting and open up more doors to more and new different fueds. DX was only put together because of Michaels' health. he is on a very limited schedual and his knees are fried not to mention his back. Being in a tag match offers him to be a part of the show but at a much less work rate. HHH clearly carries that team as he is the one mostly in the ring. Perfect example of that was on Raw monday night. Michaels stood outside the ring during the entire HHH vs Show match and then came in the ring at the 11th hour to throw one superkick, dance around like a horses ass and do a few cross chops.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 05:56:30 AM »
If they're done with the Legacy push, they should start on some of the other new talents.  HHH vs Swagger could be good.  And while they're at it, Orton vs MVP.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 08:52:41 AM »
If they're done with the Legacy push, they should start on some of the other new talents.  HHH vs Swagger could be good.  And while they're at it, Orton vs MVP.
Right now they are pushing for an Orton vs Kofi fued. They made Kofi lose the Jamaican accent as they felt it was holding him back as a talent to do good promos.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
So you don't agree that the fans weren't completely bored with HHH because he was way played out and had no where else to go? There's more to putting DX back together besides HBK. One last merchandise push. Come on HHH was completely played. There was no where else to put him. He needed to fade out of the main spotlight and charge back up. Remember after this lame asses Cena/Orton "Rivalry". It was the HHH/Orton suckfest Rivalry. What was the toilet of a fued HHH was in before that? I cannot remember either because he and Orton seemed to last flipping forever!!!!!!!!! Man did that suck!
            they should cover hhh mug with a mask teach him some new moves and bring him back as a masked wrestler this should be good for at least a years worth of insanity.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 04:40:42 AM »
All HHH has left is to turn heel. Retire HBK. Go through a divorce with the Macs. And of course face the Undertaker on the Big Stage, Wrestlemania. As a good guy he's played out.
He already had a big fued with the Undertaker at an earlier WM when taker had his biker gimmick but they only had the one match and Undertaker won. I always liked HHH as a heel. He had way better promos and he was just a genuine prick as a heel. When he double crossed Michaels leading up to their street fight at Summerslam years ago (2002? I can't remember now) that match was crazy. Probably the best match I have ever seen those two in and the crowd was really into it. So I can see that happening. This DX on a PG show is ridiculous. People forget, the original DX had:

HHH
Michaels
Road Dogg & Billy Gunn
X-pac
Chyna

That is when DX was powerful and fun to watch. This two member thing we see now is pathetic. Like the NWO. It was great with Hogan, Hall & Nash, but when they started adding all these other wrestlers it became stale quick and it was the same story every Nitro. Someone got their ass handed to them via the NWO and its 40 members.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2009, 12:23:20 PM »
He already had a big fued with the Undertaker at an earlier WM when taker had his biker gimmick but they only had the one match and Undertaker won. I always liked HHH as a heel. He had way better promos and he was just a genuine prick as a heel. When he double crossed Michaels leading up to their street fight at Summerslam years ago (2002? I can't remember now) that match was crazy. Probably the best match I have ever seen those two in and the crowd was really into it. So I can see that happening. This DX on a PG show is ridiculous. People forget, the original DX had:

HHH
Michaels
Road Dogg & Billy Gunn
X-pac
Chyna

That is when DX was powerful and fun to watch. This two member thing we see now is pathetic. Like the NWO. It was great with Hogan, Hall & Nash, but when they started adding all these other wrestlers it became stale quick and it was the same story every Nitro. Someone got their ass handed to them via the NWO and its 40 members.
                  thats exactly the problem not enough wrestlers..... and then you talk about the quality  of the new talent pathetic. cut some paychecks and get some new talent, bring in at least 6 new acrobatic types 4 or 5 juicers than you got a roster.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 04:36:37 AM »
                  thats exactly the problem not enough wrestlers..... and then you talk about the quality  of the new talent pathetic. cut some paychecks and get some new talent, bring in at least 6 new acrobatic types 4 or 5 juicers than you got a roster.
You forgot the most important factor...

Cut the parental guidance bullshit.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 05:48:15 AM »

That's the one right there.  It can't stay this way forever, cos the younger fans now are gonna grow up and get as bored with it as we are.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »
That's the one right there.  It can't stay this way forever, cos the younger fans now are gonna grow up and get as bored with it as we are.
Nothing beat the attitude era of the 90's IMO. Obviously the 80's were great do to the boom but the 90's were awesome once the steroid trial bullshit was over with.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »

true.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 12:51:44 PM »
They have to get rid of all the different titles and bring back the glam factor. Theres no one glamorous anymore. Being champion doesnt mean jack $hit. Nothing wrong with PG as long as they bring back the glamour in which they lost. Remember the training, the prayers, and the vitamins? How much more PG can you get? How long was Hogan Champ? What about Honky and the IC belt? The titles meant something. Now they switch hands every three weeks. I watch the federation everytime its on and have no idea the names of all the belts or who has them for that matter.
PG will be the downfall of the wwe and have it downsized bigtime. Mark my word.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 07:56:44 AM »
whats the reasoning behind the PG rating anyways? I still believe PG or not if they just made a few simple changes. Us fans would be way more satisfied with the Federations programs.
With this PG BS, the divas are all covered up, the guys can't really swear or do anything hardcore (example, a guy takes a chair shot, they won't show it. They'll show the crowd instead), there are less high spot bumps involved, the interviews made for tv are sensored, etc. Watch a WWE RAW episode from 2000 when Austin was the main man and watch one of today's Raw episodes and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »