Author Topic: Bill Ayeres: "I wrote Dreams of My Fathers"  (Read 20354 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Bill Ayeres: "I wrote Dreams of My Fathers"
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »
But 240's sources on Palins' child are better?

Never said they were and never said i agreed with them.  You're clutching at straws here 333.
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »

obama also hasn't disputed 10,000,000 other things that have been said about him on the blogs.

So until Gibbs stands in front of the white house press corps and denies the birthers and that obama is a marxist, commie, nazi, and everything else he's be called...

it's safe to assume it's true?  Come on dude.

Palin never disputed the jerkoffs who spread the lies about the baby and you say that PROVES its true.Incredible.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 11:23:42 AM »
But 240's sources on Palins' child are better?

I admitted it was weak on my part, and I don't half-ass sources anymore.  

you're still doing it.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »
I admitted it was weak on my part, and I don't half-ass sources anymore.  

you're still doing it.  

Oh relax - cant we all indulge in CT's sometimes 240?   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
Based on this logic, I wouldn't use 333 for any attorney needs I might have.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »
Based on this logic, I wouldn't use 333 for any attorney needs I might have.

When you get arrested again for indecent exposure to young school boys, dont call me! 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
Don't worry.  I won't.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »
Don't worry.  I won't.

Yeah, a repeat offender like yourself probably stands no chance.   ;D  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »
Palin never disputed the jerkoffs who spread the lies about the baby and you say that PROVES its true.Incredible.

um, did you even read this thread?  i've mocked such poor logic.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »

obama also hasn't disputed 10,000,000 other things that have been said about him on the blogs.

So until Gibbs stands in front of the white house press corps and denies the birthers and that obama is a marxist, commie, nazi, and everything else he's be called...

it's safe to assume it's true?  Come on dude.
\what a brutal double standard you have you tool, not but a week ago you were saying that b/c palin hasnt sued the nat enq their story must have some traction without even knowing shit about suing for libel as a public figure but now youre ok with obama not addressing shit?  ::)

240 the official obama butt plug...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »
sorry 240 you cant play dumb in one instance and then "act" smart in another when it suits your idiot ass.
You touted the nat enq and dailykos rumors as truth and you know you did but this is some how speculative in your eyes?

You also said b/c palin hasnt sued there must be some traction to the nat enq story but when obama doesnt address a rumor its ok?

your messiah is leading you to be very inconsistent 240

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »
Yeah, a repeat offender like yourself probably stands no chance.   ;D  ;D

I got a bag of candy, a white van and a lost puppy. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 01:16:55 PM »
I got a bag of candy, a white van and a lost puppy. 

Ha ha.  put your clown mask away cowboy.   ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
Perhaps he didn't.  Do you have photograhic or video evidence to the contrary? If so please share.  If not, it's unproven.  

Your sources are nonsense.

It's like me posting some obscure blog where someone says 'glen beck, GW and Rush are all involved in a love triangle they invited Sadaam but he rebuffed them, hence the Iraq war.'  It's true i was drinking starbucks when they told me!

Your analogy isn't even remotely similar to the Obama one.   Obama denied hearing any racist or anti-semetic talk from a man whose sermons he attended for TWENTY YEARS, despite there being numerous video/audio tapes of said man spewing this exact kind of stuff.

It's not a stretch at all to assume Obama's not being truthful on it.
Y

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 01:48:02 PM »
Bill Ayers: “I wrote Dreams From My Father”
http://www.cdobs.com/archive/from-blogs/bill-ayers-i-wrote-dreams-from-my-father,73125
Anne Leary 6 October 2009 6 Comments

There I was, sitting in Reagan National Monday morning, sipping a Starbucks by the United counter before going through security. I had a little time, so I was browsing through the news. Some military guys had borrowed a chair from my table. I looked up from time to time to enjoy the sun streaming through. That’s when I saw Bill Ayers, an instant blight. Scruffy, thinning beard, dippy earring, and the wirerims, heading to order. I gathered my things, got my camera ready, and snapped a shot right when he got his coffee.

I asked–what are you doing in D.C. Mr. Ayers?

For a moment I thought he might be on my flight back to Chicago. Charming. Initially I guess he thought I was laying claim to his coffee or something. He gave me an uneasy cheesy smile when he realized I was taking his picture. I asked him if he was speaking at GW? (Only I said GFW, guess I had the VFW on my mind) He said oh you mean GW, he said no…was trying to decide if I was a fan, then said he was giving a lecture in Arlington to a Renaissance group on education–that’s what I do, education–you shouldn’t believe everything you hear about me, you know nothing about me. I said, I know plenty–I’m from Chicago, a conservative blogger, and I’ll post this. (Oh, yeah, Bill Ayers, quite the Renaissance man, nail-bomber extraordinaire. Gee, I see another friend of Barack, U.S. Sec. of Education Arne Duncan was there too. “The conference theme is “A Time for Reflection, Celebration and Rebirth.” How touching. At best, useless, at worst, so wrong.)

Then, unprompted he said–I wrote Dreams From My Father. I said, oh, so you admit it. He said–Michelle asked me to. I looked at him. He seemed eager. He’s about my height, short. He went on to say–and if you can prove it, we can split the royalties. So I said, stop pulling my leg. Horrible thought. But he came again–I really wrote it, the wording was similar. I said I believe you probably heavily edited it. He said–I wrote it. I said–why would I believe you, you’re a liar.

He had no answer to that. Just looked at me. Then he turned and walked off, and said again his bit about my proving it and splitting the proceeds.

But the question remains–is Barack Obama a fraud? Is his myth-making creation and only major accomplishment a product of Bill Ayers’ imagination? (or his own) Is our President Barack Obama’s biography written by an unrepentant domestic terrorist?

Perhaps I’ll become Bill Ayers’ favorite conservative blogger and he can prove his authorship himself–turn over your notes Bill. And how about turning yourself in for your crimes.

I remember that era, Mr. Ayers. People died because of your actions, including your girlfriend. More would have if you had been more successful. And yet you have the gall to teach the teachers of our young. I won’t forget your murderous intent, your shameful acts, your contemptible lies and evasions. And when history is written, I hope you’ll be reviled–or forgotten.

As for our President, the verdict is still out. But Barack Obama called Bill Ayers friend and colleague for years. That in itself makes a damning statement.

Read more from Anne Leary at Backyard Conservative
________________________ ________________________ __________

The plot thickens. 

come on 333...youre an attorney...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
I said the plot thickens.  This could be nonsense, but Andersens' book still has not been disputed.  

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 02:05:56 PM »
If the source is attributing the quote to Aeyers himself or to Michelle Obama herself, why is there such an uproar over the validity of the source?

If these attributions were false, why wouldn't Ayers or Michelle Obama simply say so?

And BTW 240, comparing standards of proof from a legal stand point-- that depends if we are in civil court (preponderance of the evidence standard aka more likely than not 51%-49%) versus criminal court which is beyond a reasonable doubt (which is closer to 75%-25%). So, were these statements more likely than not made? I lean toward yes because there is no evidence to the contrary. Were these statements made beyond a reasonable doubt? Nope. There isn't an overwhelming amount of evidence which suggests the statements were made.

In this situation, there is no "hearsay" because there is no court room. Hearsay by definition is an out of court statement offered in court to prove the truth of the matter asserted. However, if we were in court and say Michelle Obama or Bill Aeyers was suing one of these writers for defamation (which is nearly impossible to do for two public figures unless actual malice can be shown) the statements would still be admissible non-hearsay under the Party Admission Exception/ Exemption ( depending if we are in federal or state court). The rationale being that a party to the lawsuit ( Obama/ Aeyers) is present in court and can refute the testimony given by the defendant in any number of ways during cross examination or by presenting extrinsic evidence that disproves the statements were made.

If the writers had cited an imaginary anonomyus source or something of that nature, then naturally I would be skeptical. However, when you name your source, its kind of hard to knock the writers credibility-- especially when the source refuses to confirm or deny the statements were made.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 02:35:34 PM »
But if obama sued the guy for the lie, it would only legitimize him.

Then you'd have 1000 authors and bloggers coming out the next day saying "Obama admitted to me..." in hopes people will pay attention to them.

And if obama doesn't deny every single instance, people can just assume it's thr truth?

I can't believe anyone here would buy this story... obama's buddy whispers to a right-wing blogger, then tap dances into the night.  Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »

And if obama doesn't deny every single instance, people can just assume it's thr truth?

You were using essentially the same logic just a week or so ago about Rumsfeld.  Just because he didn't correct himself when he misspoke, issue a retraction/denial, etc.  Suppose when it suits your beliefs, though, using that line of logic is totally rational...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 03:53:44 PM »
You were using essentially the same logic just a week or so ago about Rumsfeld.  Just because he didn't correct himself when he misspoke, issue a retraction/denial, etc.  Suppose when it suits your beliefs, though, using that line of logic is totally rational...

haha well, I think since the debris field is 8 miles long, Rummy's statement seems to support the facts in that particular case ;)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »
come on 333...youre an attorney...

YOUR AN ATTORNEY!!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »
YOUR AN ATTORNEY!!

Is that a question or a statement?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »
But if obama sued the guy for the lie, it would only legitimize him.

Then you'd have 1000 authors and bloggers coming out the next day saying "Obama admitted to me..." in hopes people will pay attention to them.

I can't believe anyone here would buy this story... obama's buddy whispers to a right-wing blogger, then tap dances into the night.  Sorry, I'm not buying it.
again this coming from a man who bought into the palins child is really her daughters child and that b/c the nat enq said she cheated on her husband it had to be true. ::)

ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL DOUBLE STANDARD

Also to sue for libel of a public figure the person has to be able to prove that either the person knew the statement was false before hand or that they had a reckless disregard for the truth...

Again suing successfully for libel as a public figure is damn near impossible this is why you dont see law suits flying around all the time with the nat enq or other such tabloids...

go educate yourself and stop with your double standards  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »

And yet, the opposite applies to Palin when her little supporters are challenged about any claim Levi makes.