Author Topic: is chest size and shape a matter of genetics,training,etc.?  (Read 1045 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
is chest size and shape a matter of genetics,training,etc.?
« on: October 06, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »
just wondering if chest/pecs are like other bodyparts in that their size, shape and so on, is genetics based? or how one works on it or both?

you have pros and top amateurs who have trained for years and their chest are their weak points, then you have other guys (for instance johnny jackson) who have those full thick pecs?

surely there is no difference in training technique between a johnny jackson and others who DON"T have those same kind of pectorals.

thoughts on this experts?

dude at my gym, swear to god has pecs that jut out like 5 inches lol! huge with that outer thickness. (no homo here! lol)  national amateur like, but everything else in regard to his pectorals is only average to above average.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: is chest size and shape a matter of genetics,training,etc.?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »
just wondering if chest/pecs are like other bodyparts in that their size, shape and so on, is genetics based? or how one works on it or both?

you have pros and top amateurs who have trained for years and their chest are their weak points, then you have other guys (for instance johnny jackson) who have those full thick pecs?

surely there is no difference in training technique between a johnny jackson and others who DON"T have those same kind of pectorals.

thoughts on this experts?

dude at my gym, swear to god has pecs that jut out like 5 inches lol! huge with that outer thickness. (no homo here! lol)  national amateur like, but everything else in regard to his pectorals is only average to above average.
pity post yes shape and size is mostly genetics if you and i both trained the same way for a year both of us would have diff size and shape..but if you train wrong you will never know what could be
p

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: is chest size and shape a matter of genetics,training,etc.?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »
pity post yes shape and size is mostly genetics if you and i both trained the same way for a year both of us would have diff size and shape..but if you train wrong you will never know what could be
correct!!!

bench