Author Topic: Favorite Reputable Companies  (Read 5263 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Favorite Reputable Companies
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 05:34:07 AM »
Yeah, I understand what you mean.

But now that they're there, maybe they could do without the seven-figure endorsement deals and knock down their prices a bit.

Or, keep the prices the same - it still wouldn't be quite as bad.
I just cringe a bit when I think that a portion of what I had to spend on a bucket of protein helped fund Ronnie's newest Bentley.

Why? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Besides, clearance sales will mark down BSN prices in good time (that is, if BSN's wares stay on the shelves for a long-enough period of time).

Coleman's vehicles are hardly a concern of mine, when I buy a BSN product. Besides, endorsement deals are how bodybuilders get paid. People complain about how relatively little money bodybuilders make on one hand; then they holler about six/seven-figure endorsement deals that companies like BSN and MuscleTech give their athletes on the other hand.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »
Pride Nutrition

ON

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »
But, to use money on ads, they have to have money in the first place. And to make that money, their products have to be good. Remember MuscleTech back in 1995? It had a mere three products and their ads were modest, at best.

But, as the products took off (the ma-huang-based Hydroxycut, in particular), we saw fancier ads and more bodybuilders promoting those ads.

MuscleTech's best products, right now, would be Nano Vapor, Hydroxycut Hardcore (I have not tried the new Hydroxycut Hardcore X.....yet), and Cell-Tech Hardcore.

I love ON products, particularly the protein powders. I just finished two servings of what undoubtedly is the BEST-TASTING protein powder I've ever had. NitroCore 24, Strawberry Milkshake flavor.

No other powder can touch that one.

What are you smoking?  Nothing modest about their ads.  They claimed their creatine 6000 and Acetablan products would allow you to gain unreal strength and weight.  Their claims were out of this world.  They still pull the same shit today.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »
What are you smoking?  Nothing modest about their ads.  They claimed their creatine 6000 and Acetablan products would allow you to gain unreal strength and weight.  Their claims were out of this world.  They still pull the same shit today.

You're confusing CLAIMS with ads. The ads were modest; the claims were, to a degree. MuscleTech didn't make any claims with its wares that other companies haven't made with their products.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »
say it again:  BioRythms
X

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »
Optimum Nutrition
Universal
Primordial Performance

Big-C

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
Ergopharms

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 12:43:04 AM »
ProSport Nutrition
Gaspari
Cytodyne circa 2000

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 06:59:17 AM »
For protein - what do you guys think of EAS/Champ Nutrition?

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »
For protein - what do you guys think of EAS/Champ Nutrition?

I go to Sam's Club and get the EAS protein.  It's about 72 servings for 29 dollars.  I don't know if it's the "best" or anything, but it mixes well and tastes good.  I throw in 2 scoops of the whey into the blender, 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 1 tsp of wheat germ, and sometimes a tablespoon of honey.