Author Topic: HAHA I've seen it all today - using smithmachine to throw bar up and catch it  (Read 2447 times)

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
These guys must be on the USC football team ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
its actually pretty sad  :P

but not a smart kid anyway so
                   george carlin rip would have loved this.
F

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
I'm not quite seeing how? ???

There's been very few times I've failed on the bench, twice I can remember. Both of those times, I set the bar on my chest and took a few seconds to rest (also gotta remember to NOT panic...that doesn't help) and after the brief rest I was able to press the bar up just enough and let it rest closer to my stomach and I sort of did a sit-up and had the weight across my knees. It wasn't 300lbs, but I was still trapped for a second...no collars, but I figured I'd take that route, before I dumped the weights off to the side of the bar.

Edit: Just found this link on the link Tre provided, and this is pretty much what I described above:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I used to do that all the time when i trained in my room without a spotter. Practise it a couple of times and youll never be scared without a spotter. Only downside is that it leaves purple scraping bruises on the gut but who cares.

Method101

• Getbig V
Is that the very model (PR) you own? What did it set you back?
yea
about £300

Btw for the person who asked how far i come down, the Bar can touch my chest but if i breathe in and pull it back towards me neck abit the bars catch it and i can roll out.
Had to do this a few times, i don't train to failure intentionally lol,

one time i forgot to put the spotter bars on and had to tilt the bar to one side to flip the weights off, almost made a hole in the wall Lol, i never forgot again after this time.