Author Topic: Return to thick trunks that cover the ass and lose glutes from judging for good?  (Read 11832 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
MuscleMcMannus -- I agree with you 100 %.

Chick I respect you as a bodybuilder and from what i seen at st..charles show in illinios i think ur pretty decent guy.  At the same time it does not matter if bodybuilding will be shown on news or anything like that if bodybuilders dont hike up posing trunks into their butt or wear little bigger trunks. What matters is bodybuilders will be more presentable to general public who decide to go see show for their first time. Pretty much everyone on this board knows its true. Like i said in my other post, when my friends see guys like arnold , shawn, kevin, pose they actually give them props for hard work and they watch the entire posing routine but when they see someone like kai, ronnie, hiking their trunks up their butt automatically they say "turn this crap off".

Just because bodybuilding might not get anymore accepted does not mean we should throw code of conduct/posing/touching out of the window.  Every sport has its share of lesbians/gays and its ok but once they step on stage/field they all act presentable. You wont see entire basketball team wearing normal shorts while 2 gay guys wearing dasi dukes and jersey twisted in a nut.

No, you wouldnt see that because they are TEAM sports, thus they want everyone to look reletively the same...thats the team mentality.  BB is an individual sport, and peoples choice of trunks along with the way they present themselves is purely individual...much like in track where you have had Michael Johnson wearing gold shoes, Flo-jo wearing one leg long spandex, and Usain Bolt doing what he does, etc...

Maybe your friends arent that comfortable in their own skin? 

BTW, few if any of the "general public" ever go to  B show out of the blue, with no knowledge of the sport, no one they know in the show, etc...99.9% of the people that go to BB shows are in the industry, or friends/ family of someone in the show...BB has never had mainstream appeal, and never will...it's the nature of the beast.

The_Leafy_Bug

Look, bodybuilding will always have a sizeable gay following and that isn't going to change - and why should it anyway?

However, is it time to lose the spangly thong rolled up into the crack of the ass ? Is it time to stop assessing a man's ass cheeks?

People say that striated glutes are a sign of great conditioning...but so is a Christmas tree. Why do we need to see his butt, or is it childish to be prudish about what is simply a large muscle group worthy of the attention of male eyes?

So, should we return to the thick, flannel-type trunks of yesteryear or are men's asses, suggestive stares, props etc.. the way to go now?

Yea or nay?
The last show i competed in a judge told me to get smaller trunks and that mine made my waist look blocky..... It was a female judge though.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
The last show i competed in a judge told me to get smaller trunks and that mine made my waist look blocky..... It was a female judge though.

Could be...I've seen trunks that I thought were too big for the persons physique wearing them, and I've seen them too small as well...like most things in life, the answer is "In the middle".

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Could be...I've seen trunks that I thought were too big for the persons physique wearing them, and I've seen them too small as well...like most things in life, the answer is "In the middle".

What are the thinniest trunks you've ever seen?

Told you that I would use that word - record time
U

The_Leafy_Bug

I like my trunks :(

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
No, you wouldnt see that because they are TEAM sports, thus they want everyone to look reletively the same...thats the team mentality.  BB is an individual sport, and peoples choice of trunks along with the way they present themselves is purely individual...much like in track where you have had Michael Johnson wearing gold shoes, Flo-jo wearing one leg long spandex, and Usain Bolt doing what he does, etc...

Maybe your friends arent that comfortable in their own skin? 

BTW, few if any of the "general public" ever go to  B show out of the blue, with no knowledge of the sport, no one they know in the show, etc...99.9% of the people that go to BB shows are in the industry, or friends/ family of someone in the show...BB has never had mainstream appeal, and never will...it's the nature of the beast.

Actually that's not true.  Lots of bodybuilding shows used to be broadcast on ESPN regularly especially the Olympia.

Colossus3

• Getbig II
Chick I really do think you get off being devils advocate.  I watched a lot of individual sports and most of the time you don't see in your face things that you see in bodybuilding now a days.

As for general public not going to watch bodybuilding out of the blue. yes it may not happen a lot  but it still happens, lots of people get into fitness/bodybuilding either by having fitness friends or shopping in the store and walking by flex magazine . I myself and lots of others got into bodybuilding just by looking at fitness magazine while shopping in the store (magazine I saw had Arnold on the cover), I read article about Arnold and that got me hooked. Not too many str8 guys would stop  to ronnies or kai's thong posing trunk picture wanting to read article about them.

in the past 10 years I had plenty of friends out of the blue asking me to go to bodybuilding contest for the first time. Just like my friend asked me to go to st.charles show with me for his first time because he thought watching bodybuilding show would motivate him to workout. Even my dad out of the blue watched mr.olympia and now he knows who jay cutler, Dorian Yates, lee priest is. So save your general public does not watch bodybuilding for someone else.

I also want to say one more thing. For someone who always defending kai's and kamalis posing you sure did make fun of few obvious gay bodybuilders posing routines at st.charles show!

Its funny how you keep talking about general public this general public that but when someone like me brings up general public (friends, family) you automatically discredit them. Also my friends  are very comfortable in their own skin they never gay bash anyone for no reason in fact they stand up for their rights. Chick even my sister and her friends made funny comments about kai and kamali posing and yet they admired arnold and others when they watched pumping iron or someone like lee priest pose. HHHmmmm I wonder why? Or how about when at bodybuilding show when someone hikes up trunks up their butt majority of people around me start to laugh and say wtf!! maybe just maybe some things bodybuilders while on stage should not do but hey that's just me.

I'm not like some people on this board. I love bodybuilding i don't come here to bash everything about bodybuilding. but at the same time no matter how much I love bodybuilding I see few things that I would love for to  change. Love for something does not mean you blindly accept everything about it! Clearly we disagree on few things and its ok.

Oh and by the way, being comfortable in your own skin does not mean you stop to see right from wrong.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Chick I really do think you get off being devils advocate.  I watched a lot of individual sports and most of the time you don't see in your face things that you see in bodybuilding now a days.

Really? You mean like the "birdman" in Basketball, or any of the examples I mantioned you conveiniently ignored?

As for general public not going to watch bodybuilding out of the blue. yes it may not happen a lot  but it still happens, lots of people get into fitness/bodybuilding either by having fitness friends or shopping in the store and walking by flex magazine . I myself and lots of others got into bodybuilding just by looking at fitness magazine while shopping in the store (magazine I saw had Arnold on the cover), I read article about Arnold and that got me hooked. Not too many str8 guys would stop  to ronnies or kai's thong posing trunk picture wanting to read article about them.

Show me a pic of Ronnie or Kai or ANY BB wearing a thong on a magazine cover...

in the past 10 years I had plenty of friends out of the blue asking me to go to bodybuilding contest for the first time. Just like my friend asked me to go to st.charles show with me for his first time because he thought watching bodybuilding show would motivate him to workout. Even my dad out of the blue watched mr.olympia and now he knows who jay cutler, Dorian Yates, lee priest is. So save your general public does not watch bodybuilding for someone else.

I say it as its GENERALLY true...your examples are exceptions to the rule. If we had more mainstream appeal, we would have more fans than we do...it's just a simple matter of numbers adding up (or not)...

I also want to say one more thing. For someone who always defending kai's and kamalis posing you sure did make fun of few obvious gay bodybuilders posing routines at st.charles show!

Which has what to do with what?  I poke fun at a lot of things during a BB show...breaks up the monotony of the show. Made a lot of fun of the obviuosly straight guys (and girls) as well...why didnt you mention those?

Its funny how you keep talking about general public this general public that but when someone like me brings up general public (friends, family) you automatically discredit them.

No one has been discredited...I've been in this sport DECADES longer than you, and happen to know a little bit about the demographics which comprises our fan base...they simply arent the general public.

Also my friends  are very comfortable in their own skin they never gay bash anyone for no reason in fact they stand up for their rights. Chick even my sister and her friends made funny comments about kai and kamali posing and yet they admired arnold and others when they watched pumping iron or someone like lee priest pose.

I Guess Priests superman costume and cape were OK, right? I've hosted many shows with both King and Kai, and Darrem and Melvin, etc...I've hosted numerous shows with these guys competing and guest posing...I can assure you the biggest and loudest ovations of the night were for them. So your answer to appealing to the mainstream is to feature more stoic posing routines and LESS entertainment??

HHHmmmm I wonder why? Or how about when at bodybuilding show when someone hikes up trunks up their butt majority of people around me start to laugh and say wtf!! maybe just maybe some things bodybuilders while on stage should not do but hey that's just me.

Already been addressed...

I'm not like some people on this board. I love bodybuilding i don't come here to bash everything about bodybuilding. but at the same time no matter how much I love bodybuilding I see few things that I would love for to  change. Love for something does not mean you blindly accept everything about it! Clearly we disagree on few things and its ok.

Nor do I agree with everything...which I why i lobby to get things changed...not sure what your argument is here.

Oh and by the way, being comfortable in your own skin does not mean you stop to see right from wrong.

Right from werong in who's opinion...yours?

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
I like my trunks :(

I think you are a fan of Zane.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
first was 1987 - last one was 2007.  and yeah, my suit covered my ass every time.

you're such a tease.  slurp!
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
i heard Lebron James regularly fucks grapefruits on the weekends.  Is this true?
Deep Tissue Massage

Colossus3

• Getbig II
Chick - I wont lie to get my point across and Ur right you did make cracks about lots of people at the show and not just the gay once. oh by the way I think you did a great job at the show I can see why they ask you to come back. My friends only complaint about the show was is when they compare fitness girls they play same house music over and over again ( about 4 different songs repeated nonstop). Not sure why they did not pick more music for comparison rounds.

I guess my whole point is some things is just not too applealing for grown almost naked athletes on stage to do and there should be clear rules against it.

Dancing like strippers
Touching each other
Hiking up posing trunks into their butts.
head stand with legs spread

As for lee priest dressing up as superman on stage I'm with you on that one! but the thing is 99 percent of other time he always did great posing routines.

Just because people cheer does not mean they aprove. Good example is at continental show when that female pro bodybuilder posed everyone around me kept saying how she went too far and she looks like a man and that she should not be doing striptease routine because she looks too manly. Yet once she finished posing those same people who made rude comments about her cheered for her (males and females). I seen the same thing at other sports as well.

As I said, clearly we disagree on few things and its ok I just hope you take other peoples views into consideration and try to see it from their point of view thats all.

By the way are you coming back for continental next year as well? I might be doing that show, hope you come back like i said i think u did a very good job at the last continental.

The_Leafy_Bug

I think you are a fan of Zane.
He's OOOOOOOKAY  :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Chick - I wont lie to get my point across and Ur right you did make cracks about lots of people at the show and not just the gay once. oh by the way I think you did a great job at the show I can see why they ask you to come back. My friends only complaint about the show was is when they compare fitness girls they play same house music over and over again ( about 4 different songs repeated nonstop). Not sure why they did not pick more music for comparison rounds.

I guess my whole point is some things is just not too applealing for grown almost naked athletes on stage to do and there should be clear rules against it.

Dancing like strippers
Touching each other
Hiking up posing trunks into their butts.
head stand with legs spread

As for lee priest dressing up as superman on stage I'm with you on that one! but the thing is 99 percent of other time he always did great posing routines.

Just because people cheer does not mean they aprove. Good example is at continental show when that female pro bodybuilder posed everyone around me kept saying how she went too far and she looks like a man and that she should not be doing striptease routine because she looks too manly. Yet once she finished posing those same people who made rude comments about her cheered for her (males and females). I seen the same thing at other sports as well.

As I said, clearly we disagree on few things and its ok I just hope you take other peoples views into consideration and try to see it from their point of view thats all.

By the way are you coming back for continental next year as well? I might be doing that show, hope you come back like i said i think u did a very good job at the last continental.

I appreciate the props...as for coming back next year, thats up to Rob and Darlene...it's a great show to MC, and lots of good people up there, s I hope the have me back.

We actually disagree on few things, if any. I dont particularly like the hiking trunks, either...as for "touching"...I'm not sure what you're referring to...I've seen quite a few football players slapping each others asses over the years though, never read much into it...

Headstands...I've seen ONE guy do it in all 31 years I've been in the sport...Kai.

About the cheering at BB shows...people cheer for all the right...and wrong....reasons. The biggest ovations I've ever heard at shows always belongs to some "challenged" guy who has no business being on stage, or someone making a complete jackass of themself...all part of the sport. We take the good with the bad.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
What are the thinniest trunks you've ever seen?

Told you that I would use that word - record time
http://www.andreascahling.com/mensthongposingswimsuit.aspx :-\

A

mrusa85

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
LOL...so you believe there are amateurs that DONT compete because of the trunks? Here is a hint: there are nothing that says you HAVE to wear skimpy trunks, hell, you can go out there with a pair of hotskins if you want...

As for being "accepted" by the general public...it has NEVER been accepted...even when the trunks were as big as boxers.

Well, yeah I do believe there are amateurs who won't get on stage due to the skimpy trunks because I've talked to many of them in many gyms in many states in my three decades of being part of this sport. It wasn't just a random statement.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

Your trunks look like athletic attire. Chick's and Ronnie's look like exotic dancer wear.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Well, yeah I do believe there are amateurs who won't get on stage due to the skimpy trunks because I've talked to many of them in many gyms in many states in my three decades of being part of this sport. It wasn't just a random statement.

LOL...right.

Either you have an interest in getting on stage or you dont. Maybe in your 3 decades in the sport, you've come accross the word "EXCUSE", which is what they are using. There is no "minimum" required on trunk size, as I just stated, you can go out there with anything you want in terms of size.  If some amateur has a hangup with wearing trunks on stage in front of people, then THAT'S the reason they dont wantr to compete...not the size of the trunks

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
LOL...so you believe there are amateurs that DONT compete because of the trunks? Here is a hint: there are nothing that says you HAVE to wear skimpy trunks, hell, you can go out there with a pair of hotskins if you want...

As for being "accepted" by the general public...it has NEVER been accepted...even when the trunks were as big as boxers.

Right on the money Bob.. Chick Rules  !

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego

fckn tool.....go back and walk aroudn your local high school in a cut off

gawd....what place did you get again??  oh thats right ::)

mrusa85

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
LOL...right.

Either you have an interest in getting on stage or you dont. Maybe in your 3 decades in the sport, you've come accross the word "EXCUSE", which is what they are using. There is no "minimum" required on trunk size, as I just stated, you can go out there with anything you want in terms of size.  If some amateur has a hangup with wearing trunks on stage in front of people, then THAT'S the reason they dont wantr to compete...not the size of the trunks

Im not arguing the "minimum" size. But the small size is the current fashion. If a competitor wears a Steeve Reeves style of trunks on stage, he'll get laughed off of it. They know that and so do you. So why step on stage to get ridiculed?

And that hangup is called modesty. And that does prevent MANY people from becoming a competitive bodybuilder.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Im not arguing the "minimum" size. But the small size is the current fashion. If a competitor wears a Steeve Reeves style of trunks on stage, he'll get laughed off of it. They know that and so do you. So why step on stage to get ridiculed?

And that hangup is called modesty. And that does prevent MANY people from becoming a competitive bodybuilder.

You're actually making my point...If a person doesnt want to be ridiculed, then he should never step on stage to begin with...the trunk size would be the LEAST of their problems when youre standing on stage, willingly, to be JUDGED on your physique.

Modesty?  Now your changing your platform..your comment was that because of the size of the trunks, that there are many amateurs that would be competing that you've run accross over your 3 decades in the biz...so, I'm asuming that a decade ago it was the same, and the decade before that one, etc...

so these amateurs you ran accross in the 90's didnt want to compete because the trunks werent as big as in the 80's, and the one's in the 80's didnt want to compete because the trunks were smaller than in the 70's??

Maybe you should start a federation where pants are worn..."Mr. Upperbody" or the "Modesty Open". By your account, you should have HUNDREDS of amateurs knocking down your door...

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Chick,

you seem to be struggling with your denial of the fact that the "sport" you love has a homosexual fanbase.

From Magazine covers (MD dec 2003) with coleman showing nonthing but his ass, to gay photoshoots with guys like you blindfolded, to Kai fu*cking grapefruits, to Melvin doing gay 4 pay, to the trend of stuffing trunks into the crack of your ass etccc.....

bodybuilding is gay.

I doubt a lackey for the IFBB could do anything but deny this fact.

Rationalize away.

hick I really do think you get off being devils advocate.  I watched a lot of individual sports and most of the time you don't see in your face things that you see in bodybuilding now a days.

Really? You mean like the "birdman" in Basketball, or any of the examples I mantioned you conveiniently ignored?

As for general public not going to watch bodybuilding out of the blue. yes it may not happen a lot  but it still happens, lots of people get into fitness/bodybuilding either by having fitness friends or shopping in the store and walking by flex magazine . I myself and lots of others got into bodybuilding just by looking at fitness magazine while shopping in the store (magazine I saw had Arnold on the cover), I read article about Arnold and that got me hooked. Not too many str8 guys would stop  to ronnies or kai's thong posing trunk picture wanting to read article about them.

Show me a pic of Ronnie or Kai or ANY BB wearing a thong on a magazine cover...

I say it as its GENERALLY true...your examples are exceptions to the rule. If we had more mainstream appeal, we would have more fans than we do...it's just a simple matter of numbers adding up (or not)...

Which has what to do with what?  I poke fun at a lot of things during a BB show...breaks up the monotony of the show. Made a lot of fun of the obviuosly straight guys (and girls) as well...why didnt you mention those?

Its funny how you keep talking about general public this general public that but when someone like me brings up general public (friends, family) you automatically discredit them.

No one has been discredited...I've been in this sport DECADES longer than you, and happen to know a little bit about the demographics which comprises our fan base...they simply arent the general public.

Also my friends  are very comfortable in their own skin they never gay bash anyone for no reason in fact they stand up for their rights. Chick even my sister and her friends made funny comments about kai and kamali posing and yet they admired arnold and others when they watched pumping iron or someone like lee priest pose.

I Guess Priests superman costume and cape were OK, right? I've hosted many shows with both King and Kai, and Darrem and Melvin, etc...I've hosted numerous shows with these guys competing and guest posing...I can assure you the biggest and loudest ovations of the night were for them. So your answer to appealing to the mainstream is to feature more stoic posing routines and LESS entertainment??

HHHmmmm I wonder why? Or how about when at bodybuilding show when someone hikes up trunks up their butt majority of people around me start to laugh and say wtf!! maybe just maybe some things bodybuilders while on stage should not do but hey that's just me.

Already been addressed...

I'm not like some people on this board. I love bodybuilding i don't come here to bash everything about bodybuilding. but at the same time no matter how much I love bodybuilding I see few things that I would love for to  change. Love for something does not mean you blindly accept everything about it! Clearly we disagree on few things and its ok.

Nor do I agree with everything...which I why i lobby to get things changed...not sure what your argument is here.

Right from werong in who's opinion...yours?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Chick,

you seem to be struggling with your denial of the fact that the "sport" you love has a homosexual fanbase.

From Magazine covers (MD dec 2003) with coleman showing nonthing but his ass, to gay photoshoots with guys like you blindfolded, to Kai fu*cking grapefruits, to Melvin doing gay 4 pay, to the trend of stuffing trunks into the crack of your ass etccc.....

bodybuilding is gay.

I doubt a lackey for the IFBB could do anything but deny this fact.

Rationalize away.

This is an actual picture from one of the biggest muscle magazines out there

Don't anyone DARE say that this is not gay. There's no room for interpretation here. It's got homosexuality written all over it.
from incomplete data

mrusa85

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

Maybe you should start a federation where pants are worn..."Mr. Upperbody" or the "Modesty Open". By your account, you should have HUNDREDS of amateurs knocking down your door...

Now you're talking! It'd be like the Bodyspace guys at the Iron Man earlier this year. Bring on the board shorts! Opens up a whole new world for all the guys that don't train legs too!