Author Topic: Is Jamarcus Russel worse than Ryan Leaf?  (Read 8972 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Is Jamarcus Russel worse than Ryan Leaf?
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »
Yep. 9ers ate it big with Smith.

I remember hearing the 49ers drafted Smith. I don't really follow the draft much, I'm not as hardcore as I used to be, so I had no idea who Smith was. I asked around on the boards I was on (extreme-athlete.com....RIP) and one guy said Smith was the next Montana. Not knowing any better, I just kept an ear to the ground about Smith. When you grow up watching Montana, when someone makes that comparison, my ears perk up!
Then Smith is basically relegated to being Garcia's back-up, or a few different guys, right?
I was great disappointed. :(

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »
leaf is thought of as the biggest bust because many thought he was better than peyton manning, there wasn't a team in the nfl that didn't think he was worthy of a top 2 pick

i don't think alex smith or jamarcus will ever reach his "level" because they were taken in what were believed to be weak drafts

heck i remember the year smith was taken, ton donahoe said if he were still a GM he would just pass if he had a top 10 pick

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
Oakland SHOULD have gotten Brady Quinn.   A better fit for the Raiders.  Russell was over hyped by LSU's win in the Bowl game. I think Jefferson is better.
((-::