Author Topic: Is Jamarcus Russel worse than Ryan Leaf?  (Read 8966 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Is Jamarcus Russel worse than Ryan Leaf?
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:14:27 PM »
He's fat, he's slow, he's out a the clubs, he's lazy at practice, he misses team meetings, he can't sense pressure, he can't throw accurately, he fumbles constantly, he throws INTs constantly, he just plain sucks. 

Personaly, i love watching him fail. its especially hilarious because the raiders did have jeff garcia, a qb who has done nothing but win his entire career, but cut him because they wanted jamarcus russel to play.  Anyone who knows football saw that jamarcus has never had what it takes to paly in the NFL. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Is Jamarcus Russel worse than Ryan Leaf?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »
yes...he is worse.....99% of all african american QB's that go to the NFL are highly overrated...yea there great in college but the pro's is a whole dif world & they cant hang....mcnabb and warren moon are about it.and last time I checked they didnt/havent won a superbowl....so that about sums it up..
DAWG

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »
He has no pocket awayness and his Oline is atrocious and full of injuries.not a good combo.

...plus the Gmen are no slouch ;)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 02:43:53 PM »
hes all over the place

he can put the ball on a dime 55 yards down field

and can throw behind his man on a 5 yard drag route

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »
He's plan awful.  He was marginal in college, but when you have the talent LSU had he could just chuck it 50 yds downfield 3 straight plays and somebody was bound to come up with it on occasion. Love how the talent evaluaters put all that stock in having a big arm.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 03:08:21 AM »
This guy will eventually be put out of his misery thanks to Oaklands terrible O-line,  They should have an injury deadpool for guys who play on teams like this. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 04:54:48 AM »
This guy will eventually be put out of his misery thanks to Oaklands terrible O-line,  They should have an injury deadpool for guys who play on teams like this. 

What is sad is that they have some talent at the skill positions, but they have no chance to shine.  McFadden, Murphy, Miller and eventually Heyward-Bey are all guys that could be pretty solid on other teams.  Oakland is a bermuda triangle for offensive players.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 05:52:36 AM »
yes...he is worse.....99% of all african american QB's that go to the NFL are highly overrated...yea there great in college but the pro's is a whole dif world & they cant hang....mcnabb and warren moon are about it.and last time I checked they didnt/havent won a superbowl....so that about sums it up..
Yeah Mcnair sucked, so did Randall cunningham....terrible

Superbowl...na doug williams never won a superbowl...

Fucktard racist..do you even watch the nfl

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 05:55:01 AM »
He's fat, he's slow, he's out a the clubs, he's lazy at practice, he misses team meetings, he can't sense pressure, he can't throw accurately, he fumbles constantly, he throws INTs constantly, he just plain sucks. 

Personaly, i love watching him fail. its especially hilarious because the raiders did have jeff garcia, a qb who has done nothing but win his entire career, but cut him because they wanted jamarcus russel to play.  Anyone who knows football saw that jamarcus has never had what it takes to paly in the NFL. 

I saw it at lsu..he had one good game vs Notre Dame and he all of the sudden was the shit..like for real...this asshole sucks an he dosent take football seriously..Makin me sick...him, Matt Leinhart, and Vince young (well he is a little different..) Dude they dont seem like they make the best of their opportunity

body88

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 06:26:39 AM »
Russel is never going to be a NFL qb. Worse then leaf for sure.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 07:19:24 AM »
At least a few drives Oakland kept the Gmen in business because of stupid penalty's.Raiders shouldn't even have scored because they fumbled but the refs blew the play dead.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 07:38:18 AM »
Yeah Mcnair sucked, so did Randall cunningham....terrible

Superbowl...na doug williams never won a superbowl...

Fucktard racist..do you even watch the nfl

They won a superbowl in spite of Doug Williams not because of him....Is he in the hall of fame?no...average QB at best...And the fact that you can only name one time out of all the superbowl winners proves my point....

Mcnair was good cummingham overrated but same argument as with mcnabb any superbowls?um no...

I'm just stating the facts and looking at the numbers no racism here.when and if an African American QB wins a superbowl or two then you can say i told you so...but until that happens I don't believe it will happen...will one win a superbowl this year?no...Just look at all the successfull black qb's 2 come out lately.they were great in college...troy smith hows he doin?vice young? please pathetic,jamarcuss russel? worst QB in history,mike Vick haha most overrated ever.I can go on as the list stretches for miles....like I said great in college but the NFL is a whole different animal..

are there white qb's that fail of course...but have I ever seen an African American QB play and lead a team on a consistant basis like drew Bree's,payton manning,tom Brady,Joe Montana,john elway,Dan Marino,troy aikman,Brett favre and many many more have?um no...

come talk to me when an African American holds one passing record that matters or leads there team to some superbowl wins..I won't hold my breath.
DAWG

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 07:45:07 AM »
You can't coach accuracy. A player has to want to develop it, but the reality is that you're not going to turn a 50% passer into a 65% passer.  It's not like shooting free throws. He just doesn't have it.

His football IQ is unbelievably low and he wears earrings.  He will be out of the league once Oakland finally cuts him.

body88

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:51 AM »
You can't coach accuracy. A player has to want to develop it, but the reality is that you're not going to turn a 50% passer into a 65% passer.  It's not like shooting free throws. He just doesn't have it.

His football IQ is unbelievably low and he wears earrings.  He will be out of the league once Oakland finally cuts him.

This is true.  His footwork is also terrible.  Biggest bust in History.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 10:20:24 AM »
This is true.  His footwork is also terrible.  Biggest bust in History.
EASY

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
What is sad is that they have some talent at the skill positions, but they have no chance to shine.  McFadden, Murphy, Miller and eventually Heyward-Bey are all guys that could be pretty solid on other teams.  Oakland is a bermuda triangle for offensive players.

McFumbles, yes...he can be taught to secure the ball. 

Murphy's fast and both he and Miller have good hands, so yes, I expect them to do good things for their next teams.

As for H-Bey, the boy has hands of stone.  He can't catch!  WRs who can't catch don't have productive NFL careers. 

For the better part of this decade, this has been one of the worst teams of all-time. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »
McFumbles, yes...he can be taught to secure the ball. 

Murphy's fast and both he and Miller have good hands, so yes, I expect them to do good things for their next teams.

As for H-Bey, the boy has hands of stone.  He can't catch!  WRs who can't catch don't have productive NFL careers. 

For the better part of this decade, this has been one of the worst teams of all-time. 

I think Heyward-Bey will be ok for the longterm.  He showed much better hands at MD.  Trying to learn the position with a shit QB isn't helping him a bit.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
Russel is never going to be a NFL qb. Worse then leaf for sure.

for sure?  maybe a bit too soon to say for sure, but he's definetely on his way.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
They won a superbowl in spite of Doug Williams not because of him....

uh no moron, he was the MVP of the game. know what the hell youre talking about

body88

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »
for sure?  maybe a bit too soon to say for sure, but he's definetely on his way.

To me, yes.  He is the most God awful qb that I have ever seen.  Dumb as rocks, fat, terrible mechanics + footwork...no leadership abilities - etc.  Also, since Russel got more money than Leaf, that makes him a bigger bust, imo.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 02:56:45 PM »
uh no moron, he was the MVP of the game. know what the hell youre talking about

the fact that you immediately resort to name calling shows that it is you who is the moron.yes he was MVP the sun shines on a dogs ass from time to time and that was the one and only time....did he get them to the superbowl?...no he had two starts the whole year and both starts were losses...Jay Schroeder was the starter but had injury issues...Doug Williams lifetime QB rating is 69.4 dude thats pathetic.and his overall record is 31-34-1....yea real great huh...he's a product of a Joe Gibbs team that was excellent.but had he been the regular starter all year they wouldn't have even made it to the superbowl.Doug Williams = a one time flash in the pan...

If you look at the QB's that win multiple superbowls you will see that most have one thing in common.They are pocket passers....9 out of ten African American qb's in the NFL are scramblers they rely on there legs as much or more than there arm....this can win them a few games but by the end of the season there usually to worn down or beat up and injured due to this playing style...look I'm just going by the numbers and as they say statistics don't lie.
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
And to be fair....And show that you can talk about race without being racist....I can flip the coin and talk about running backs and wide receivers...

Is there a single white RB or WR that compairs to there elite African American counterparts?...No...

look at running backs like Jim Brown,Barry Sanders,Emmit Smith,Adrian Peterson and many many more...

look at wide receivers like Jerry rice,Tim brown,Randy Moss,Andre Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald and many more...

theres not a single white RB or WR that compairs to the talent of these men....Is that racist?no thats just telling the truth and calling it like it is...The fact is African Americans as a whole are more genetically gifted runners.This translates better to the WR,RB position...but not to well to the QB position....
DAWG

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
They won a superbowl in spite of Doug Williams not because of him....

stick to your statement, you said the Redskins won that game in spite of Doug (340 yds 4td 1pk)
youre clearly wrong and have no clue what youre talking about.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
stick to your statement, you said the Redskins won that game in spite of Doug (340 yds 4td 1pk)
youre clearly wrong and have no clue what youre talking about.

OK
DAWG

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 03:50:29 PM »

come talk to me when an African American holds one passing record that matters or leads there team to some superbowl wins..I won't hold my breath.
Actually Warren Moon did lead the league in passing yardage a couple of years and was a pretty good pocket QB. He wasn't a runner like some of the others.