Author Topic: FST-7?  (Read 11296 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: FST-7?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 08:56:22 AM »

Years ago, Optimum Training Systems (OTS they liked to be called), with Leo Costa, had a program called the Titan Training System. It was pretty damn similar to FST-7, but it was different given that it was about 8 years ago that it came onto the market. Didn't really do well, as many of OTS' systems, but the principles within I really enjoyed.

The focus or core of the Titan System was that you do what they call "Muscle Rounds." Much like the last set of FST. I don't remember the exact parameters of how they're placed in your routine or what everything else around them were, but I do remember that you do sets of 4 reps, rack the bar for 5-10secs and repeat. I want to say you're supposed to do 10 of these mini-sets. They advocated doing larger movements, benches versus flyes, IIRC.

Really, the Titan System and FST, are just derivatives of Rest-Pause training with a minor little tweak here and there. At least that's how I see it.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 03:28:42 PM »
It is pretty hilarious how some folks are just waiting for some magical "breakthrough" training techniques that will render the superior physique overnight.

Might as well keep waiting for that magic pill.

In my estimation almost anything will work for a short time. The key is finding those exercises that NEVER stop working. I know that I have some exercises in my arsenal that have never (and will never) change and have always rendered results.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »

Years ago, Optimum Training Systems (OTS they liked to be called), with Leo Costa, had a program called the Titan Training System. It was pretty damn similar to FST-7, but it was different given that it was about 8 years ago that it came onto the market. Didn't really do well, as many of OTS' systems, but the principles within I really enjoyed.

The focus or core of the Titan System was that you do what they call "Muscle Rounds." Much like the last set of FST. I don't remember the exact parameters of how they're placed in your routine or what everything else around them were, but I do remember that you do sets of 4 reps, rack the bar for 5-10secs and repeat. I want to say you're supposed to do 10 of these mini-sets. They advocated doing larger movements, benches versus flyes, IIRC.

Really, the Titan System and FST, are just derivatives of Rest-Pause training with a minor little tweak here and there. At least that's how I see it.

its way older than that..mccullum or whatver his name is recommended pump sets in the 60s and it has been around way before that too. i can make up 1000s of routines if i want too but they will never be magic. magic happens from doing basics rigght during years of training. doing 7 pump sets will do nothing special for muscle growth specially if you already done 'enough' sets before...,, in case of naturals it will actually be negative if you do it after you already done maybe 8-10 working sets already

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »
its way older than that..mccullum or whatver his name is recommended pump sets in the 60s and it has been around way before that too.

I never said that OTS was the originator, did I? ::) No, the only thing I said was that the Titan System and FST are similar. The last paragraph, you can read again if you need, also mentions that both of these systems are pre-dated by Rest-Pause training.

There's 100's or 1000's of ways to devise new and different training methods and slap another name onto them. One way of doing it, similar (there's that word again!) to what Craig Titus did prior to his incarceration, would be Blood Volume training. Titus could have just sat back one day realizing that nearly everyone prior to Ronnie Coleman was doing the HIT routine because Dorian was the king and utilized a program along those same lines. So along comes Craig and does more volume and calls it "Blood Volume training." Nothing new under the sun. Just different than what was the fad of the era.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 06:07:59 PM »
If any of us were to train a Mr. O to a Championship we could call our style of training whatever the fuk we wanted to call it... and sell it. Too bad Hany Rambo will NEVER talk about ALL of the variables to Jay's training, drug and diet regimen.

Oh to be a fly on the wall during those 'private' sessions/conversations...

I say fuck all to FST-7. Bust your ass, get your shit together, get your diet spot on, learn about nutrition and your physique (not somebody else's) and stick with your plan. If you wanna lift heavy, lift heavy. If you wanna pump the shit outta yourself do it. If you wanna climb a mountain with a bear chasing you, go for it. Try not to fall down the other side of the hill, you might get blamed for improper exercise form.

Consistency and a hard work ethic is the only thing I know of that truly renders great results. Add a little dope and you may get even greater results.

Whatevah....

I am in the process of developing a cutting edge training style, I just can't think of a name for it yet.

Maybe "S.H.I.T.F.S.. 8-9-10. P.H.A.4.F.A.T.ASSES."

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:44 PM »
I think FST-7 is working for me.  My biceps still need a lot of work but they seem to be growing.  Especially the parts that have been stubborn like the lower part near the insert.   8)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 11:56:54 PM »
I think FST-7 is working well for my arms and shoulders.  Biceps are getting bigger and more viens.  Also hardening up.  Good work Hany!   :D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »
I think it did. Its mentally quit hard doing ur work then knowing u got 7x12 ball busting sets to do at end of a body part.

I felt an improvement in my pevs quite alot, but that might not have been due to the fst-7, and maybe more due to the fact i started dong flys more, and it was the high rep flys that did it, as apposed to the fst-7.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »
I think I will just go to the gym...

and then call it "working out"

revolutionary idea. I can see the paychecks rollin in.