Author Topic: The PreContest Bible  (Read 6051 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
The PreContest Bible
« on: October 14, 2009, 07:28:46 AM »
Anyone read this book by Larry Pepe??

Comments?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: The PreContest Bible
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:34:58 AM »
who needs books when you have getbig?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:40:23 AM »
Anyone read this book by Larry Pepe??

Comments?

i read most of it, got kinda bored.

nothing out of the ordinary; the precontest diet (1 week out , etc) was interesting, the rest kind of cookie cutter.
Deep Tissue Massage

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:49:26 AM »
who needs books when you have getbig?
Very true...

I have the book. (oh, brother). PM me and I will ship it to you for free because I don't know how els to get rid of it.

It's a BIG advertisement for 'Spray Flex'.

It's basically a profile of a bunch of pro bodybuilders we make fun of on here every day and a general guideline of how they eat pre-contest.

No mention of drugs or anything of the sort.

So when you read that for Meal-7 that Jay eats 2 cups of rice and 8oz of swordfish, 1 banana and 12oz of Gatorade it doesn't mention that unless you hav 10iu's of insulin following that you will probably get fat.

It's very generic and very very uninformative. Made for doey eyed fanboys with big hopes & dreams.

- Block!
?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 07:54:46 AM »
Very true...

I have the book. (oh, brother). PM me and I will ship it to you for free because I don't know how els to get rid of it.

It's basically a profile of a bunch of pro bodybuilders we make fun of on here every day and a general guideline of how they eat pre-contest.

So when you read that for Meal-7 that Jay eats 2 cups of rice and 8oz of swordfish, 1 banana and 12oz of Gatorade it doesn't mention that unless you hav 10iu's of insulin following that you will probably get fat.

It's very generic and very very uninformative. Made for doey eyed fanboys with big hopes & dreams.

- Block!
Just like all bodybuilding books featuring pro's

io856

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 07:55:48 AM »
Very true...

- Block!
x2 + also doesn't talk about the gh, t3, clen etc etc

I love how they report on the 8oz meat and 2 cups carbs shit like these 260lbs+ monsters do that...  ;)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
 Exactly. It doesn't TEACH the reader anything. It just gives a generic outline of how the 15 pro bodybuilders it features eat getting ready for a show.

It reads like FLEX magazine how Victor Martinez takes his CoQ10 and 1000mg of Vitamin C and his B-Complex tablet with Meal 3 when he has his 10oz of red meat and 2 sweet potatoes and 1 platano.

It's a waste of money. It's very very outdated and if any schmoe at home attempted anything outlined they'd get fat and develop diabetes.

Another example:

Mark Dugdale's Supplement Stack:

Fat Burner: morning and afternoon.
 Spray Flex: Morning and Night.
 Vitamin C: 1000mg
 Vitamine E: 400iu.
 Joint Support: Morning.
 Protein powder: am upon awakening and post-workout.
 Creatine: post workout.
 bcaa's: post workout.
 carbohydrate powder: post workout.
 Glutamine: morning.
 Garlic capsules: morning.

That's the bullshit you will learn from that book.

- Block!
?

io856

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »
Exactly. It doesn't TEACH the reader anything. It just gives a generic outline of how the 15 pro bodybuilders it features eat getting ready for a show.

It reads like FLEX magazine how Victor Martinez takes his CoQ10 and 1000mg of Vitamin C and his B-Complex tablet with Meal 3 when he has his 10oz of red meat and 2 sweet potatoes and 1 platano.

It's a waste of money. It's very very outdated and if any schmoe at home attampted anything outlined they'd get fat and develop diabetes.

Another example:

- Block!
haha why do I have trouble imagining Big Vic actually doing that...
btw lol @ Larry's constant inclusion of "spray flex" I know a guy gotta make a dollar but damn... wheres the decency

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »

It's a waste of money. It's very very outdated and if any schmoe at home attempted anything outlined they'd get fat and develop diabetes.

Another example:

- Block!

what book would you recommend (no homo) that would turn a fat old guy such as me into a muscle stud worshipped by homos hot chicks?
Deep Tissue Massage

io856

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 08:25:35 AM »
what book would you recommend (no homo) that would turn a fat old guy such as me into a muscle stud worshipped by homos hot chicks?
the bible aka gh15 posts is a start  ;)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »
the bible aka gh15 posts is a start  ;)

99% of what he talks about i'm not interested in.  i'm sure his advice is just as good as any other anonymous posters on here with no credibility, just not what i'm after.
Deep Tissue Massage

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 08:32:33 AM »
99% of what he talks about i'm not interested in.  i'm sure his advice is just as good as any other anonymous posters on here with no credibility, just not what i'm after.

Your loss.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »

I wouldn't really reccomend too many books. Most of what I learn is by trial & error and from reading Getbig.

For really understanding nutrition and how macronutrients are used by the body and why I would reccomend old school book... 'Supercuts'.

That one really gets deep into the 'what and why' of bodybuilding nutrition- Off/In- season.

It outlines diets used by pro bodybuilder but take that with a grain of salt.

- Block!
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 08:49:37 AM »
This says it all

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »
Only a few things are forbidden to talk about on Get Big. Spray Flex is one of them.