Author Topic: New Flex Cover  (Read 8164 times)

jon cole

• Getbig IV
Re: New Flex Cover
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 12:02:34 PM »
Why bbing gone so bad ?
asstropin

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »
who in their right mind buy these crap packed "magazines" anyway but 100lbs newcommers ?

You're such a fuking tool "uber"man09. I don't think you've said one positive thing in your 3 months and 700 posts on this board. I never understand why cock suckers like you are on a bodybuilding board. Go away and try to be uber somewhere else.

It's the greatest cover I've seen since that Arnold 60th birthday addition. I hope that shit flies off the shelves. And I'm sure you'll get your mommy to buy it for you so that you can jerk off to it in your closet with a rope around your neck.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 12:35:22 PM »
Quote from: johnnynoname on October 15, 2009, 03:27:21 PMrumor has it the other idea they had besides "HE'S BACK" was "GUESS WHAT-IT'S NOT A N-WORD THIS TIME"

LOL!  LOL!  LOL!

- Block!

Who deleted JNN's brilliant commentary?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »
I didn't know the variables of photo enhancement had to be broken down individually and specifically in order for them to be valid applications of enhancements or adjustments.

In my mind, it is what it is.

It would be interesting to see a cover of any magazine that has not had the images altered in some way, shape or form. Most of the ads in the BB magazines these days are somewhat creative... (I guess)= but completely tasteless.

If you started Photoshopping... (oops) "adjusting" Sylvio Samuel into the real Geico lizard that he is, that might be kinda cool. You could have him licking up the supplements he is advertising with his tongue- just like a Chamelion does.

Could a photographer or graphics artist actually get away with posting a raw image in a national publication these days? How could they?

That would be like putting a stock Ford Pinto into a Corvette show...

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 01:22:57 PM »
You're such a fuking tool "uber"man09. I don't think you've said one positive thing in your 3 months and 700 posts on this board. I never understand why cock suckers like you are on a bodybuilding board. Go away and try to be uber somewhere else.

It's the greatest cover I've seen since that Arnold 60th birthday addition. I hope that shit flies off the shelves. And I'm sure you'll get your mommy to buy it for you so that you can jerk off to it in your closet with a rope around your neck.

how old are you again?     ::)

frigging weirdo.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »

you must be 100 lbs.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 01:51:03 PM »
Ron J will be the next cover

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »

how old are you again?     ::)

frigging weirdo.

Please die already.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 07:23:26 PM »
Please die already.
looks like the old, ugly, sunburned to death homo who reads the bible while injecting steroids has a crush on me.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 07:37:17 PM »
LMAO! At the conspiracies here. I saw the image of Jay on the computer screen immediately after it was shot in Gold's Gym. It looked exactly like that minus the cover of Phil/Dex and that was straight out of the camera.

Do adjustments get made to photos? Of course there will always be some adjustment but not to the point where it is an entirely different image. It all depends on how you define - "That's photoshopped".

Some one posted a perfect example of what shitty photography - no photo shop and poor layout skills looks like with the Hardfitness "cover".

No one is denying Cutler looked good, but no human being looks like that, it's been heavily filtered, levels, contrast and color all have been altered to some extent as well as some "cleaning up" of certain areas.  You can call that whatever you want, it's Photoshopped and that's the facts son.

Good photographers don't use Photoshop as a crutch to correct their shitty photography.  If you are going for a certain look like the stylized one on this cover, then by all means use it, that's what it was made for that's all I'm sayin.

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »
The cover of FLEX magazine is fake as its contents.

from the over photoshopped image of Cutler to the claims of "add 16lbs of muscle like Phil Heath, but we won't tell you about his drug regimen"

hope this helps

I took a few shots of Jay from the Olympia, in which he looked just as good as that cover.  Now, for you experts... you dont need to use Photoshop all the time (although Photoshop is the generic term people use for any coloring, depth adding, features, etc).

You can take a shot that I took, deepen the color, and texture and people will think they photoshopped the muscles.  Come on now.   Not all pictures are like that. 

Cover looks really good.

Jay deserves it. Jay came back from when almost everyone thought he wouldnt. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »
The cover of FLEX magazine is fake as its contents.

from the over photoshopped image of Cutler to the claims of "add 16lbs of muscle like Phil Heath, but we won't tell you about his drug regimen"

hope this helps

Bullshit!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »
looks like the old, ugly, sunburned to death homo who reads the bible while injecting steroids has a crush on me.

Yet, you haven't the courage to post your flawless image for the rest of us to aspire to. My guess is that your fat and pale. Prove me wrong.

BTW fag, I've been meaning to tell you, "You're a fag."

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2009, 08:14:57 PM »
They are using a LuciasArts filter on that cover.  I know that 100% for a fact.  They are doing nothing else but completely ripping off Dave Hill's "look" that he uses for his work and clients. 

There is nothing fancy about this.  LuciasArts is a simply a plug in for Photoshop.  There is no talent involved here. 

So Dave Hill isn't talented?
And although Dave Hill has become well known for that "look" it's certainly not original.

And although LUCISart produces excellent results if you like that sort of thing you would not need it to produce the "look" of Jay on that cover. Lightroom would be fine.

At the end of the day that cover is the result of a great concept executed extremely well.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
Hip hip... hoorah.  ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2009, 01:45:30 AM »
i really wonder why people still buy flex, its beyond me.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2009, 01:47:27 AM »
;)They are totally lost

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2009, 02:01:56 AM »

I don't think anybody really buys it. At least not off the rack. It's too embarrassing unless you mix it with a bunch of other mags like Playboy, Swank, Hustler... so the cashier doesn't think your gay. Most I figure get it in the mail as long as it's in plain brown paper wrap.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2009, 05:45:27 AM »
I bought one Flex a couple of years ago, it was the first Arnold special. Flex is as funny as Mad magazine.