Author Topic: Awaken Health & Fitness  (Read 4810 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Awaken Health & Fitness
« on: October 15, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
Equipment was moved in tonight.  Pictures of the place will be available tommorrow after opening day.  Thought I might give you folks a sneak preview
A

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Awaken Health & Fitness
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:58:36 PM »
Are you opening a gym?

If so good luck!

What the DB's go up to what equitment etc?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
This is your place? It is a little small don't you think?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »
brutal Apple II designed gym sign.
Deep Tissue Massage

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:08:22 PM »
bankrupt in 6  3 months.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:40 PM »
This is you place? It is a little small don't you think?

No, I used to train at Skyland Health & Fitness but the owners were being shitty about fixing equipment.  The last straw was when the AC broke and the water was cut off in the building due to non-payment.  They fired the gym manager who was a friend of mine and tried to put everything on him for mismanagement which was a bunch of bullshit.

He decided to open up his own gym.No spas, saunas, juice bars, or crap like that.  Its basically a throwback to the classic gyms where it was all about pushing that iron.

He's got a lot of support including the folks from the city council and the police dept has already signed up their memberships.  I'm proud of the fact that he's doing things right and has put together a place where real lifters can go.  I've already cancelled my other membership and tommorrow I'll be walking in and training for my next show.  

Hardcore gyms are a dying breed folks.  
A

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:14:56 PM »

No, I used to train at Skyland Health & Fitness but the owners were being shitty about fixing equipment.  The last straw was when the AC broke and the water was cut off in the building due to non-payment.  They fired the gym manager who was a friend of mine and tried to put everything on him for mismanagement which was a bunch of bullshit.

He decided to open up his own gym.No spas, saunas, juice bars, or crap like that.  Its basically a throwback to the classic gyms where it was all about pushing that iron.

He's got a lot of support including the folks from the city council and the police dept has already signed up their memberships.  I'm proud of the fact that he's doing things right and has put together a place where real lifters can go.  I've already cancelled my other membership and tommorrow I'll be walking in and training for my next show.  

Unfortunately your right.  I ran fitness centers for a few years and the trend is towards general fitness and not hardcore training. Your hardcore training people in the gym account for about roughly 5-8% of your gym memberships=not enough to cater to.
You Can't Do It!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 06:18:07 PM »

Nothing like poorly hung gyprock and sound tiles to drag the lazy from their torpor.  

*sigh* oh brother

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
I used to train at a small, hardcore gym.  Actually I much prefer the higher-end commercial gym I go to now.  When the gym has ONE squat rack, and TWO flat benches, the chances of you getting the exercise you want at 6 pm on a thursday are pretty shitty.

In the commercial gym, the cardio machines are always packed and the bench presses are open 24/7. 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 06:21:23 PM »
I ran fitness centers for a few years

did you have to put a sign up in the sauna/steam room reminding guys if they got caught "doing things" their memberships would be revoked

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
did you have to put a sign up in the sauna/steam room reminding guys if they got caught "doing things" their memberships would be revoked

Sorry, I never ran the tranny gym's for people that were encouraged to "do things" in the locker room like yourself.
You Can't Do It!!!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 06:27:50 PM »
Sorry, I never ran the tranny gym's for people that were encouraged to "do things" in the locker room like yourself.

i only wish i worked at a tranny gym....

...seriously, do you know how much PT i would get in a week if i worked at a tranny gym

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 06:32:19 PM »
i only wish i worked at a tranny gym....

...seriously, do you know how much PT i would get in a week if i worked at a tranny gym

God, why don't you go down to the keys where you can have all the tranny love you could want.
You Can't Do It!!!

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »
Dude what the fuck kinda of hardcore gym looks like that?  "awakens health and fitness"  That place looks like a pilates center for pregnant women! Hardcore my ass!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »

That place is far from hardcore.  Having no spa, saunas or juice bar doesn't make it hardcore.  That's the problem with guys like you, you have no idea what a hardcore gym is.  You weren't even born yet.  First off its the people who train there that make it hardcore.  Not providing some things and having dumbbells and barbells doesn't make it hardcore.  And more than likely the police are not paying for their memberships or they are discounted by at least 50%+.  How many sq ft is it.  By the way, having you train there automatically fucks up any potential of success. 
No Worries 4 me

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 01:57:14 AM »
Dude what the fuck kinda of hardcore gym looks like that?  "awakens health and fitness"  That place looks like a pilates center for pregnant women! Hardcore my ass!

ROTFFLMAO

That place is far from hardcore...By the way, having you train there automatically fucks up any potential of success. 

You are all killing me tonight! LMAO

Almost always, yes.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 06:11:28 AM »

...but it has a working AC? :P Good stuff though. If it really is a "back to the roots" setup than good on you guys for getting it going. On a personal note, don't freeze the place out. 

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:26 AM »

sorry Vince
but 'real lifters'=no money

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 06:15:01 AM »

it is the kind of name that means people will 'wake up, smell the coffee, and get the fuck outta there!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 06:15:21 AM »
Vince, where is this place located? 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 06:18:07 AM »
That place is far from hardcore.  Having no spa, saunas or juice bar doesn't make it hardcore.  That's the problem with guys like you, you have no idea what a hardcore gym is.  You weren't even born yet.  First off its the people who train there that make it hardcore.  Not providing some things and having dumbbells and barbells doesn't make it hardcore.  And more than likely the police are not paying for their memberships or they are discounted by at least 50%+.  How many sq ft is it.  By the way, having you train there automatically fucks up any potential of success. 

Unlike your gym, this one is actually open and running now.  You can't talk shit about someone's gym when you can't even open up your own..... ;D
A

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 06:38:18 AM »
Vince how come they wouldnt allow you inside?
I mean all the photos are taken from outside of it

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 09:24:06 AM »
Unlike your gym, this one is actually open and running now.  You can't talk shit about someone's gym when you can't even open up your own..... ;D

I've owned two gyms both of them were sold and not closed down.  I can't consider opening a gym that size actually opening a gym.  He won't make his overhead in 3 months.  With a complete glass front the cold alone will force him to use his heater so much the bills will kill him.  He can't have more than a few hundred members max.  My gym in Kona got more members than that a day in it.   See Goodrum you have a very small mind so it doesn't take much to impress you.  And where is your gym you said you were opening with some investors.  You are so full of shit.  NO ONE would ever ever invest in you.  You have nothing to support anything you do.  I bet if you went to try and get a grant or loan and you use the "black card" they would tell you didn't qualify as a black.  Your ignorance (or his) is amazing.  You say he isn't having a juice bar or sell supplements or a spa.  These things make a gym money.  You think not having these make the gym hardcore.  You are a fucking moron
No Worries 4 me

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 09:26:17 AM »
Vince how come they wouldnt allow you inside?
I mean all the photos are taken from outside of it

he got kicked out of the gym cuz he wore a brown shirt and the front desk attendent warned him about working out without a shirt

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »
Vince its just someones house with a few exercise bikes in it now isnt it?
You owe us the truth