Author Topic: MOST OVERRATED ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF WORLD SPORTS  (Read 14468 times)

Per Se

• Getbig III
Re: MOST OVERRATED ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF WORLD SPORTS
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 01:17:49 PM »
David Haye.

Haye's weaknesses are clear to see - BUT he has excellent amateur pedigree, was the first fighter since Holyfield to unify the Cruiserweight division, and is now a heavyweight about to fight for a title.  I don't see how he's overrated, as he has achieved in the sport, his credentials are good.  A great fighter.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »
Football is biggest sport in world, therefore the best. It appeals to the masses and anyone can play it. Easily most popular sport.

Most popular does not equal best.  Not by a long shot.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:18 PM »
Haha, it would be yet another sport that Americans are the best at. My guess is that half of Europe would commit mass suicide if America won the World Cup.

England has the third highest obesity rate on the planet.

not as fat as them good old us and a  :)
T

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »
not as fat as them good old us and a  :)

30% to 25%. You guys surely are much better. Considering that the obesity rate in England has tripled this decade, you guys keep it up and you'll overtake that #1 crown.  :D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
Most popular does not equal best.  Not by a long shot.

4+ billion people would disagree.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »
you probably would

you care enough about food to be the fattest mother fu ckers on the planet  :)

Well if it isn't my warm beer drinking,vodka swilling,dart throwing broski telling me about Americans being fat!
...and I see your not posting on DIET thread you started on the Y ;) ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 01:21:06 PM »
30% to 25%. You guys surely are much better. Considering that the obesity rate in England has tripled this decade, you guys keep it up and you'll overtake that #1 crown.  :D

we will be the fattest cu nts in the world if it kills us  8)
T

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »

There are zero statistics showing that 4+ billion play soccer. The fact that 3 billion third-worlders who bathe in the same water they shit in play/watch soccer does not make it a better sport.

we will be the fattest cu nts in the world if it kills us  8)

:D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »

About 3.5 billion of them haven't had the chance to be exposed to better sports, american football, basketball, etc...  they have nothing to compare it to. 

By your logic Madonna is a superior musical artist to Bethoven because she sells more cd's  ie: is more popular.... ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »
About 3.5 billion of them haven't had the chance to be exposed to better sports, american football, basketball, etc...  they have nothing to compare it to.  

By your logic Madonna is a superior musical artist to Bethoven because she sells more cd's  ie: is more popular.... ::)

They act like it's surprising that a sport that takes nothing more than a ball filled with air to play is more popular than sports that require hundreds of dollars of equipment or large fields to play. Kicking a ball around  an alley qualifies as soccer.  ::)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »
About 3.5 billion of them haven't had the chance to be exposed to better sports, american football, basketball, etc...  they have nothing to compare it to. 

By your logic Madonna is a superior musical artist to Bethoven because she sells more cd's  ie: is more popular.... ::)

i agree basketball is cool as fuck

but american football is 5 seconds of action followed by 10 minutes of fuck all

played by black guys that don't have the balls to play without wearing body armour
T

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 01:26:45 PM »

played by black guys that don't have the balls to play without wearing body armour

99% of rugby players who have tried to crossover have ended up embarrassing themselves as they're not even in the same league when it comes to sheer athleticism.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »

Have you been exposed to football?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:14 PM »

haha.  The pace of football is tough to follow if you didn't grow up playing it. 

I love both basketball and football but for different reasons.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
Dude, you're dead wrong.  Everyone in Europe knows who Kobe is...that includes non b'ball fans.

Yeah. And everyone in the US knows who Beckham is, that includes non soccer fans. Your point?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
They act like it's surprising that a sport that takes nothing more than a ball filled with air to play is more popular than sports that require hundreds of dollars of equipment or large fields to play. Kicking a ball around  an alley qualifies as soccer.  ::)

1. Football takes a large field to play same as NFL NBA etc
2. A basketball and an American football is...wait for it....a ball filled with air.
3. Both football and basketball have nets/goals.
4. Does that mean unless you are playing in a multi-million pound stadium that playing 3 on 3 basketball on a street corner with a net screwed onto a wall does not count as basketball?
5. I hope this helps.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »

All of Europe, centeral and South America all play football. All of Africa play football. Middle East countries and most of Asia.

The few countries in the world football isnt the number 1 sport is probaly USA/Canada

The beauty of football is all it needs is a ball. So simple. The wheel is very simple - It works great.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »
99% of rugby players who have tried to crossover have ended up embarrassing themselves as they're not even in the same league when it comes to sheer athleticism.

only the shit ones try and cross over
T

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »
Have you been exposed to football?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Had a friend who played professionally in Germany, so I attended matches there.  Occasionally watch on TV until I nod off.  8)

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »
2. A basketball and an American football is...wait for it....a ball filled with air.
4. Does that mean unless you are playing in a multi-million pound stadium that playing 3 on 3 basketball on a street corner with a net screwed onto a wall does not count as basketball?
5. I hope this helps.

Don't waste your time with these idiots, they don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »
Bodybuilders who try to be PLers cant always cross over successfully. Vice versa.

Both use similar tools etc.

I beelieve it would be hard to try a different sport than the one you played for 15+ years day in day out. Even the toughest and most talented athletes would struggle big time.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »
5. I hope this helps.

Soccer doesn't take a large field to play on. Kicking a ball around a back alley with 3 people qualifies as soccer. Or do you think "4+ billion" (a completely fabricated statistic) are playing on regulation fields? Please. The billions of third-world people who can't even afford to eat aren't playing in leagues and on regular fields. They're kicking a ball around the dirty street they live on.

Don't waste your time with these idiots, they don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about.

Translation: I'm a crybaby that can't do anything but thump my chest and scream about how soccer is better because billions of third-worlders play it.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »
So noone in america is playing basketball against a net screwed on a wall at the side of their house BF?

I rest my case

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2009, 01:43:17 PM »
So noone in america is playing basketball against a net screwed on a wall at the side of their house BF?

I rest my case

That's a little different than passing a ball between two people in a dirt alley. The closest goal could be 800 miles away and it would qualify as people playing soccer.  

I could kick a pineapple to my friend and I'm technically playing soccer.  ::)

Soccer is such a popular sport yet Tiger Woods is the most recognizable athlete on the planet.

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »
Soccer doesn't take a large field to play on. Kicking a ball around a back alley with 3 people qualifies as soccer. Or do you think "4+ billion" (a completely fabricated statistic) are playing on regulation fields? Please. The billions of third-world people who can't even afford to eat aren't playing in leagues and on regular fields. They're kicking a ball around the dirty street they live on.

Translation: I'm a crybaby that can't do anything but thump my chest and scream about how soccer is better because billions of third-worlders play it.

You're quite supporting the stereotype the rest of the world has of you :)