Author Topic: Getbig millionaires, get your money ready for the Lexus LF-A  (Read 7772 times)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
Re: Getbig millionaires, get your money ready for the Lexus LF-A
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:03 AM »
Went to the dealership the other day and saw a X5 M in white, awesome car!

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 02:43:21 AM »
Bob Lutz threw down the gauntlet that no 4 door production sedan can beat the Cadillac CTS-V on the 'Ring...It currently has the the record for 4 door production sedans...There are no takers...

The Viper SRT10 production  currently has the a ring time of 7.22 secs...  
So, you were saying about American cars again?

I have no issues with american cars nor imports, imo, they don't get the credit they deserve often times.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 02:44:47 AM »
they mght be faster, but i rather be on an m3 m5 m6 than on a caddy... american interior of the car, wich for me is one of the most important things, are like made of legos... its just ugly ass plastic interiors and big engines...

You haven't seen the CTS-V interior. And the M5 interior has been criticized by many british magazines and websites as being too stark and bleak, not to mention that the SMG is jerky (it is around town), and the Audi interior is better

The CTS-V coupe is coming out, and it will be nice as well. I like the M3's and m5's and M6's, but I gotta give respect to the Home team...because they were the ones who invented the Muscle car, the Cool Car. Nothing cooler than a 67- 68 Mustang all black, or a black 69 Camaro.
Went to the dealership the other day and saw a X5 M in white, awesome car!

Beautiful, I can't wait to test drive one...this would be the car one would "convince" his wife to get, just so he could drive it.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:12 AM »
Lotta dough for a Lexus....

I'd rather buy myself something along the lines of a Bentley Mulsanne or something similar.
No doubt about it...

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 03:02:19 AM »
You haven't seen the CTS-V interior. And the M5 interior has been criticized by many british magazines and websites as being too stark and bleak, not to mention that the SMG is jerky (it is around town), and the Audi interior is better

The CTS-V coupe is coming out, and it will be nice as well. I like the M3's and m5's and M6's, but I gotta give respect to the Home team...because they were the ones who invented the Muscle car, the Cool Car. Nothing cooler than a 67- 68 Mustang all black, or a black 69 Camaro.
Beautiful, I can't wait to test drive one...this would be the car one would "convince" his wife to get, just so he could drive it.

One of the guys at the dealership who is friends with Hank Haney ( he frequents the BMW dealership here quite often) has the ZR-1, Gallardo with twin turbo, and CTS-V as his new toys, and I took a ride in the CTS-V and the build quality is outstanding, on par with everything BMW has to offer, but not quite Lexus like imo.

I know you're a car nut and know what you're talking about, and I've been in and driven many many cars ( GT3's, M3's, RX7's, Supras, GT500's, Z06's, numerous AMG's, RS4, S4's, IS-f, etc.....)  and can tell you that the new american cars are much better than it use to be. It's just that they are coming out at the wrong time.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 03:39:46 AM »

One of the guys at the dealership who is friends with Hank Haney ( he frequents the BMW dealership here quite often) has the ZR-1, Gallardo with twin turbo, and CTS-V as his new toys, and I took a ride in the CTS-V and the build quality is outstanding, on par with everything BMW has to offer, but not quite Lexus like imo.

I know you're a car nut and know what you're talking about, and I've been in and driven many many cars ( GT3's, M3's, RX7's, Supras, GT500's, Z06's, numerous AMG's, RS4, S4's, IS-f, etc.....)  and can tell you that the new american cars are much better than it use to be. It's just that they are coming out at the wrong time.
I never understand why people are TWin Turbo charging Gallardos, Murci's, Ford GT's, they give them over 1000 hp, but they don't have wider rubber. So their HP is far greater than the grip they get...it makes no sense. The Veyron has 365 section tires, that are specially made for it---one would think if you are making more HP than a Bugatti Veyron in a AWD car, then you need wider rubber than it as well... 

dauda

• Getbig I
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 05:23:27 AM »
you are stupid

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 05:24:24 AM »
you are stupid

lol. epic first post

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 05:41:28 AM »
Would honestly rather drive the Lexus IS-F and pocket the extra cash. Some of these supercars border on the whole "look at me" factor too much for my liking although their performance stats are awesome.

RE: Euro cars being overrated...to some degree this is absolutely true. When the German stuff runs properly it is great but I am sorry the reason that BMW, MB and Audi used prices plummet compared to the Japanese competition is because once the 3 year warranties are up on the Euro cars they are more prone to nickel and diming their owners with endless repair bills.  All cars need normal maintenance but the sh*t I have seen go wrong on fairly late model German luxury makes is unacceptable and costly.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 05:50:04 AM »
unveiled before the Toyko Autoshow. Only 500 examples will be produced. Roughly 300K.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/45076/lexus-lfa-at-tokyo-motor-show/

remember
Parker
if the Gb millionaires piss $$ away on this shit
they are no longer millionaires

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 06:13:03 AM »
I would be ashamed of spending 300K on a rice cooker

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 07:00:52 AM »
Looks wise 300k for that is f'n retarded.  To me it looks like it would fit in next to supra, mustang, tib, genesis, mazda rx, and that bmw roadster.  For that much money it should stand out like a ferrari or lambo.  I'm sure it's a bad ass car, and fun as hell to drive, but I'm just blown away that that is going to be the price when i look at it.  I guess if you have that kind of money to piss away on a car though it doesn't really matter

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »
real getbiggers dont waste money on these cars, they need the money for supps and food.  an old van is ideal as they can live in it.  no sportscar is big enough for us to fit into anyway.
what would you rather have a sports car or a great body? 

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 07:09:21 AM »
looks like everyother, plastic and tin car on the market.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »
its to ricey for my taste.

2012 Lexus LFA - First Drive Review
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q4/2012_lexus_lfa-first_drive_review

MB, great avatar, the johnny cash hallucination fox from simpsons is one of my favorite characters of all time.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 08:22:11 AM »
they mght be faster, but i rather be on an m3 m5 m6 than on a caddy... american interior of the car, wich for me is one of the most important things, are like made of legos... its just ugly ass plastic interiors and big engines...

so you've never been inside of a cadillac then?
Deep Tissue Massage

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »

Yeah...they're real pieces of shit  8)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »

never  :'( :'( :'(

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »
MB, great avatar, the johnny cash hallucination fox from simpsons is one of my favorite characters of all time.

yes, same here :D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »

never  :'( :'( :'(

yeah, they're nice inside.  you can't go inside a ford focus, and then say "all american cars suck on the inside".

that's like me test driving a "Skoda" and then going "fuck mercedes, all euro cars suck".
Deep Tissue Massage

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »
unveiled before the Toyko Autoshow. Only 500 examples will be produced. Roughly 300K.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/45076/lexus-lfa-at-tokyo-motor-show/

Note to Lexus , let an Italian design your cars .... fuck me that's ugly looks like an uglier GT-R ( if that's possible ) please Lexus give Pininfarina a call and let them design something timeless

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »
yeah, they're nice inside.  you can't go inside a ford focus, and then say "all american cars suck on the inside".

that's like me test driving a "Skoda" and then going "fuck mercedes, all euro cars suck".

well, i have been on mustangs corvettes explorers and more american cars... i didnt know cady was actually good with interiors... :)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »
I would be ashamed of spending 300K on a rice cooker

That's because you don't have 300k to throw around like the rest of us.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 06:06:10 PM »
I never understand why people are TWin Turbo charging Gallardos, Murci's, Ford GT's, they give them over 1000 hp, but they don't have wider rubber. So their HP is far greater than the grip they get...it makes no sense. The Veyron has 365 section tires, that are specially made for it---one would think if you are making more HP than a Bugatti Veyron in a AWD car, then you need wider rubber than it as well... 

That's because these guys have so much money they don't know what to do with it. It's more a hobby like anything else, if you ever see a TT Gallardo or been in one, you'll shit in your pants :o

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 06:09:01 PM »
Would honestly rather drive the Lexus IS-F and pocket the extra cash. Some of these supercars border on the whole "look at me" factor too much for my liking although their performance stats are awesome.

RE: Euro cars being overrated...to some degree this is absolutely true. When the German stuff runs properly it is great but I am sorry the reason that BMW, MB and Audi used prices plummet compared to the Japanese competition is because once the 3 year warranties are up on the Euro cars they are more prone to nickel and diming their owners with endless repair bills.  All cars need normal maintenance but the sh*t I have seen go wrong on fairly late model German luxury makes is unacceptable and costly.

Someone that actually has some sense in this forum about cars rather than talk out of their asses and never have driven nor owned many euros or any other cars for the matter.

For the money IMO, the BMW 335i is the best money/daily driven combo.