Author Topic: Brains really do matter in politics  (Read 6576 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Brains really do matter in politics
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
Where the hell did you get the idea that I approve of Carter? That guy is a bigger piece of shit than Palin, what with his blind support of terrorism. If that's who you're comparing her to then I don't know what to say. I was never under the assumption that Jimmy Carter was good at anything.  ::)

How about Al Gore dropping out of law school? 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »
8 U.S. presidents in all. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »
Where the hell did you get the idea that I approve of Carter? That guy is a bigger piece of shit than Palin, what with his blind support of terrorism. If that's who you're comparing her to then I don't know what to say. I was never under the assumption that Jimmy Carter was good at anything.  ::)

I don't think that university education is all that important.
I think having it is good but I don't think it makes for greatness.

For example Clinton went to Oxford, but was he better then Reagan who went to small college.

Z

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »
In Palin's case it would be more akin to "Rouge Done Gone".

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »
I don't think that university education is all that important.
I think having it is good but I don't think it makes for greatness.

For example Clinton went to Oxford, but was he better then Reagan who went to small college.

Like I said in another thread, I don't care if they went to a great school or not, but top 100 isn't much to ask for. Jumping between 5 schools while carrying a terrible GPA isn't impressive, and given the rest of her track record, doesn't do anything to make me think she should be in charge of anything involving this country.

Mons Venus

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

Tony : "4 years of psychic studies conducted on my own  show that you just don't get it 240 or else you would know.

HH6 : (no real logic ever here.  just crappy spelling) and the overuse of words :  ur, dipshit, weak, barry, ur, liberal, ur (did I say that already?), and multiple "......." trails.

333386 - *insert generic Palin pic* 

Looks like Lurker has these boys nailed down! ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2009, 01:58:29 PM »
I wouldn't put her in charge of a hotel coat check room.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »
Like I said in another thread, I don't care if they went to a great school or not, but top 100 isn't much to ask for. Jumping between 5 schools while carrying a terrible GPA isn't impressive, and given the rest of her track record, doesn't do anything to make me think she should be in charge of anything involving this country.

Her GPA hasn't been posted and once she had a scholarship she settled down at Idaho State.

I know when I was young, 19-20, I had very little interest in university.
That changed when I was closer to graduating.

I try not to judge people in their late teens and early twenties.

But that's just me.
Z

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
Looks like Lurker has these boys nailed down! ;D

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »
YOU CANT BE HALF OF A RELIGION DUMB SHIT...

Thanks for clarifying that  ::)

Many people refer to those of mixed faith backgrounds as half jewish, half christian, half protestant, half methodist etc. In Obama's case it would make sense to refer to him as half considering his whole Kenyan side of the family is muslim, his middle name is Hussein and he went to an Islamic school in Indonesia as a youngster. Besides, the point I was trying to illustrate was that in terms of common ground with the rest of America and your average voter-- not too many Americans have Muslim fathers from Kenya or changed their name from Barry to Barak or graduated from Harvard Law School in the 70's. Way more Americans can relate to McCain and even Palin in terms of their background/ upbringing.

But you should be very proud of yourself for pointing out such an amazing inconsistency in my prior posting. One million pardons "Big Mal".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »
I wouldn't put her in charge of a hotel coat check room.

If you could be alone with her in it, you would.   ;D

BTW - for Lurker & Mons:

Mons Venus

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »
Being book smart is not the same thing as having basic common sense and being in touch with reality.  

What type of smarts = 100 Posts a day?  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »
What type of smarts = 100 Posts a day?  ;)

How are those records coming along Mons? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »
Her GPA hasn't been posted and once she had a scholarship she settled down at Idaho State.

But that's just me.

That's all well and good but 333 is judging Obama on a thesis paper he wrote as an undergrad.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2009, 02:11:20 PM »
That's all well and good but 333 is judging Obama on a thesis paper he wrote as an undergrad.

It adds to the story of who he is since he has refused to release any of his records like most others do.

It also adds to the fact that his supporters are once again proven wrong that going to Harvard/Columbia is evidence of brilliance. 

His paper is evidence of idiocy, hypocrisy, and ignorance.   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
LOL instead of saying "my bad" this asshole defends his posting of "half Muslim" Are you shittin me...dude that like me saying I'm "half Christian" WTF...jesus h christ..some people shouldnt be allowed to vote

LOL are you serious with this horseshit?

In terms of education and intellect I would bet your dreadlocks I am in the top one percentile of the people who post here. The same goes for being up to date with politics, current events, history and academia. Harping on a commonly used term --"half" which is part of your average every day persons vocabulary when labeling others of mixed ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds as an attempt to question my intelligence and  to prop up an utterly meaningless point is pathetic. Next time why don't you knock my failure to use a semi colon or my overuse of hypenation? I honestly think that would be a better use of your time.

So for the record, I'm sorry Supreme Overlord genius of the getbig message board "big mal"-- I sincerely apologize for referring to Obama as half of anything.  And I'm only half kidding. Do you think that in your vast reservoir of knowledge and wisdom you could find a way to half forgive me?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2009, 02:27:09 PM »
Ha ha.  Better to look at Palin than at Hillary, Chebacca, or Helen Thomas no???
proof you support the Bush's and the NWO.  What other reason would you leave Barbara Bush out of your list?

I knew you were full of shit. 8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2009, 02:35:41 PM »
proof you support the Bush's and the NWO.  What other reason would you leave Barbara Bush out of your list?

I knew you were full of shit. 8)

Damn, I forgot the Linebacker!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »

But that's just me.

good point.

then again, some people here still mock obama for using drugs in college.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2009, 02:50:59 PM »
240 your posts continously agitate me because of the flip flopping your constant rationalization of conflicting viewpoints, but I am starting to think you are just confused.

You agree with jokers point, yet you spent 4 pages disparaging Palin and her GPA. Then you turn the tide to call out those who knocked Obama's drug use in college. What one has to do with the other is beyond me. But, are you now changing your tune about the importance of graduating from a top school or having a high GPA?

The only position you seem to keep with any regularity is that you hate Sarah Palin. Your consistency regarding Palin is commendable. I wish it translated to other topics. 

Drug use in college or out of college is not a big deal imo unless you are in law enforcement, are a drain on the tax payer, you are hurting your children or you are a danger to the public when you use. I can't stand Obama, but I couldn't care less if he sniffed coke twice a month and smoked pot every other day from college up until now unless it affected the way he did his job as Prez.