Author Topic: Brains really do matter in politics  (Read 6574 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Brains really do matter in politics
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »
In 2008, the repubs chose a VP with a BS in journalism from 5 colleges, and a guy who graduated 894th out of 899 in his class for President.  These are facts.  The Dems chose 2 guys with law degrees from prestigious universities.  No matter who you like, these are facts.  Dems were much more educated than the repub candidates.

When shit got hectic *in something as small as an election campaign*, what did the Repubs do?  Think their way out of it?  no, they panicked and came up with lamebrain moves like suspend campaigns and refuse to answer Qs at debates, referring to memorized speeches instead.  On Katie Couric, Palin didn't have the brainpower to outwit a dullard like Couric.  Mccain wasn't much better with his multiple 'senior moments' when his campaign actually admitted Mccain's positions don't match those of his own campaign.  Frankly, they looked stupid.  Smarter people who have responded to these things with smarter moves. 

Obama and Biden, somehow, were smart enough to just not fck things up.  Prrof is in the pudding, and the election was a landslide.

The point of this drivel?
GOP: Please run a brilliant candidate in 2012.  Give Obama a run for his money.  Don't settle for a good-looking person with normal brains or a experience likeable guy who isn't all that alert.  Choose someone who can handle stressful situations - and handle them well.

You settle for someone with second-tier brain who looks good in a tight shirt holding a rifle, and when the election (or God forbid the actual job as President) gets tough, she will most likely do what she did during tough times before - stammer, repeat a canned speech or wose - quit.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Brains really do matter in politics
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:19:59 PM »
in b4 tonymcmeltdown

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:27:28 PM »
LOL,

Tony:  "240 you dumbshit peice of crap.  If you weren't so ignorant of everything you would know.  So there you dumbfuck.  eat shit!!!"

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:50:39 PM »
LOL,

Tony:  "240 you dumbshit peice of crap.  If you weren't so ignorant of everything you would know.  So there you dumbfuck.  eat shit!!!"

Lol, you give him too much credit with basic punctuation. thats the gist of it though

tony: LOLLLLL 240 the liberal buttplug at it again ive said it time and time again your the biggest shitbag ive ever known how bout them apples brainchild  ;)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 11:08:51 PM »
the term "liberal douchebag" will definitely rear its head in this thread.
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 06:13:55 AM »
Crickets from the right.... who would have thunkit?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 06:23:07 AM »
Crickets from the right.... who would have thunkit?

I saw Steve Wynn this morning on CNBC. 

BRILLIANT MAN WHO NEEDS TO BE RECRUITED. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »
LOL,

Tony:  "240 you dumbshit peice of crap.  If you weren't so ignorant of everything you would know.  So there you dumbfuck.  eat shit!!!"

Tony : "4 years of psychic studies conducted on my own  show that you just don't get it 240 or else you would know.

HH6 : (no real logic ever here.  just crappy spelling) and the overuse of words :  ur, dipshit, weak, barry, ur, liberal, ur (did I say that already?), and multiple "......." trails.

333386 - *insert generic Palin pic* 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 06:33:15 AM »

tell us more about the guy.  He's a republican?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wynn_(entrepreneur)

This guy?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 06:33:57 AM »
Tony : "4 years of psychic studies conducted on my own  show that you just don't get it 240 or else you would know.

HH6 : (no real logic ever here.  just crappy spelling) and the overuse of words :  ur, dipshit, weak, barry, ur, liberal, ur (did I say that already?), and multiple "......." trails.

333386 - *insert generic Palin pic* 

Ha ha.  Better to look at Palin than at Hillary, Chebacca, or Helen Thomas no???

Mons Venus

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
In 2008, the repubs chose a VP with a BS in journalism from 5 colleges, and a guy who graduated 894th out of 899 in his class for President.  These are facts.  The Dems chose 2 guys with law degrees from prestigious universities.  No matter who you like, these are facts.  Dems were much more educated than the repub candidates.

When shit got hectic *in something as small as an election campaign*, what did the Repubs do?  Think their way out of it?  no, they panicked and came up with lamebrain moves like suspend campaigns and refuse to answer Qs at debates, referring to memorized speeches instead.  On Katie Couric, Palin didn't have the brainpower to outwit a dullard like Couric.  Mccain wasn't much better with his multiple 'senior moments' when his campaign actually admitted Mccain's positions don't match those of his own campaign.  Frankly, they looked stupid.  Smarter people who have responded to these things with smarter moves. 

Obama and Biden, somehow, were smart enough to just not fck things up.  Prrof is in the pudding, and the election was a landslide.

GOP: Please run a brilliant candidate in 2012.  Give Obama a run for his money.  Don't settle for a good-looking person with normal brains or a experience likeable guy who isn't all that alert.  Choose someone who can handle stressful situations - and handle them well.

You settle for someone with second-tier brain who looks good in a tight shirt holding a rifle, and when the election (or God forbid the actual job as President) gets tough, she will most likely do what she did during tough times before - stammer, repeat a canned speech or wose - quit.

QFT !!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 06:50:14 AM »
tell us more about the guy.  He's a republican?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wynn_(entrepreneur)

This guy?

Check this out:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1305034181&play=1#

He has 20,000 employees and knows about economics. 

Obama/Pelosi/Reid are CLUELESS!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
240 you have made this dumb ass argument 100 times and its flat out wrong. Joe Biden was thrown out of school for cheating not once, but twice and has all the brain power of a chipmunk. So please, lets calm down shall we--

McCain graduated from a military academy and then went directly into the armed forces. What fucking difference would it make if he graduated 1st or 100th? I think  surviving 5 years in a Vietnamese prison camp makes him a lot more palatable and on level with your average American than a prissy black, half muslim activist type who changed his name from Barry to Barrak and graduated from Harvard Law School during the 70's.

You just hate Palin. Which is fine. But your rationale for hating her should have nothing to do with her education and everything to do with her beliefs and intellect. Your overall argument fails miserably because our most recent president graduated from Yale-- and last I checked he was considered by most or all Americans to be the dumbest president in recent memory.

Jimmy Carter was extremely educated and is without a doubt the worst president we have had in the past 40 years. Ronald Regan was a B movie actor and turned out to be one of the best ever. Most Americans are not ivy league educated silver spoon sissys. Having a fancy degree from a 100k/ semester school doesn't mean jack shit.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59:07 AM »

Yet, Obama's so brilliant he can't figure out the simplest of principles, namely that you don't raise taxes when the economy is struggling.

The simple fact is that Palin knows how to run city and a state (albeit relatively small ones). She has executive experience, FAR more than Obama does.

240 you have made this dumb ass argument 100 times and its flat out wrong. Joe Biden was thrown out of school for cheating not once, but twice and has all the brain power of a chipmunk. So please, lets calm down shall we--

McCain graduated from a military academy and then went directly into the armed forces. What fucking difference would it make if he graduated 1st or 100th? I think  surviving 5 years in a Vietnamese prison camp makes him a lot more palatable and on level with your average American than a prissy black, half muslim activist type who changed his name from Barry to Barrak and graduated from Harvard Law School during the 70's.

You just hate Palin. Which is fine. But your rationale for hating her should have nothing to do with her education and everything to do with her beliefs and intellect. Your overall argument fails miserably because our most recent president graduated from Yale-- and last I checked he was considered by most or all Americans to be the dumbest president in recent memory.

Jimmy Carter was extremely educated and is without a doubt the worst president we have had in the past 40 years. Ronald Regan was a B movie actor and turned out to be one of the best ever. Most Americans are not ivy league educated silver spoon sissys. Having a fancy degree from a 100k/ semester school doesn't mean jack shit.

True!! Far too often, these ivy leaguers can't even balance a checkbook. Lots of book sense but nary a grain of common sense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 07:00:47 AM »
Yet, Obama's so brilliant he can't figure out the simplest of principles, namely that you don't raise taxes when the economy is struggling.

The simple fact is that Palin knows how to run city and a state (albeit relatively small ones). She has executive experience, FAR more than Obama does.

True!! Far too often, these ivy leaguers can't even balance a checkbook. Lots of book sense but nary a grain of common sense.

I deal with Ivy League types all the time.  Aside from the book smarts, they are usually clueless in terms of street smarts, common sense, and reality.     

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:03:46 AM »
I deal with Ivy League types all the time.  Aside from the book smarts, they are usually clueless in terms of street smarts, common sense, and reality.     

It reminds me of a certain Bible verse. Thinking themselves wise, they became fools.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 07:08:08 AM »
Your overall argument fails miserably because our most recent president graduated from Yale-- and last I checked he was considered by most or all Americans to be the dumbest president in recent memory.

Do you get this part of George's post, 240?  I know your favorite argument is:  but, but, but, Bush did it...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 08:10:52 AM »
Yes 240 the intellect is astounding, the first thing I would do if I was 12 Trillion in debt is spend more money. What a brilliant move ::) Then I would push something that would almost certainly destroy what little manufacturing that is left in the country, well holy shit look at that "cap and fuck America", another strategic move. I used to think that you actually made some sense now and again, but now you are just off the deep end PIP 240

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 08:12:52 AM »
I never considered bush a stupid man.  Not at all.  MBA from yale.  When he spoke as governor, it was a mile a minute with some serious depth.  Sure, it might have been assisted by whatever battles he had at the time, but he knew his shit about the material.

he spoke slower as president, and wasn't all that strong with the language, but his understanding of the issues - I never doubted that.  Bush was a smart man.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »
Geezus Christ 240 even I think Bush is an idiot. A good man deep down, but not very bright and loyal to a fault. He allowed those around him to make all of his decisions for him. Beyond that, the man's command of the english language is pathetic.

Moving along, having a graduate degree does not make you better or less qualified to run the country. It's an expensive piece of paper that has no bearing on your ability to make decisions.

After all, you have an MBA and I wouldn't hire you to cut my grass. You would probably organize a strike, have an illegal immigrint set fire to my lawn, shoot the illegal immigrint dead with my gun and then tell the press I'm a far right wing radical murderer for you exercising your 2nd amendment rights. 

Such nonsense seems commensurate with your political views.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 09:40:35 AM »

Too risky.  He'll be nothing more than a donor.
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 09:46:48 AM »
After all, you have an MBA and I wouldn't hire you to cut my grass. You would probably organize a strike, have an illegal immigrint set fire to my lawn, shoot the illegal immigrint dead with my gun and then tell the press I'm a far right wing radical murderer for you exercising your 2nd amendment rights. 

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »
In 2008, the repubs chose a VP with a BS in journalism from 5 colleges, and a guy who graduated 894th out of 899 in his class for President.  These are facts.  The Dems chose 2 guys with law degrees from prestigious universities.  No matter who you like, these are facts.  Dems were much more educated than the repub candidates.

When shit got hectic *in something as small as an election campaign*, what did the Repubs do?  Think their way out of it?  no, they panicked and came up with lamebrain moves like suspend campaigns and refuse to answer Qs at debates, referring to memorized speeches instead.  On Katie Couric, Palin didn't have the brainpower to outwit a dullard like Couric.  Mccain wasn't much better with his multiple 'senior moments' when his campaign actually admitted Mccain's positions don't match those of his own campaign.  Frankly, they looked stupid.  Smarter people who have responded to these things with smarter moves.  

Obama and Biden, somehow, were smart enough to just not fck things up.  Prrof is in the pudding, and the election was a landslide.

GOP: Please run a brilliant candidate in 2012.  Give Obama a run for his money.  Don't settle for a good-looking person with normal brains or a experience likeable guy who isn't all that alert.  Choose someone who can handle stressful situations - and handle them well.

You hate her with a long-lasting, deep passion, don't you, bro?   :-\

In all the years that I've seen you post on GB, I've never seen you put so much negative stuff out directed at anyone like you have with Sarah Palin.  You do you best to be objective about 99% of the topics you take part in, but with her it's personal.  You really hate her, don't you?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 09:50:24 AM »
I really really really wanted the GOP to run an awesome candidate (like a RP or someone better) in 2008.

Someone with the balls to admit to Americans that Bush fuct up a lot, and the brains to completely own the inexperienced and hapless Obama in the debates.

Instead we had the (R) ticket trying to cancel debates, then wandering in front of cameras like a lost old man during them.  And of course, kissing Bush's ass all the while.

I admit I was pretty bummed they ran such weak candidates.  And I'm scared they'll do it again in 2012, with all the palin worship.  Isn't there a better candidate to choose?

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »

So, you've seen Obama's college transcripts? You know he received good grades in school? You know he graduated? You know where he placed in his class? Please tell the rest of us where we can see these documents so we can verify for ourselves.