Author Topic: Predator or Commando?  (Read 18026 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Predator or Commando?
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »
Haha I can still remember being shocked and awe-struck when I saw that scene for the first time. I was 13 and the next day, I joined a gym and never looked back, lol.

for me it was terminator when he arrived from the future

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »
realistically Predator is the better movie. but Commando is probably the most 'fun' movie of all time, it is the absolute pinnacle of the '80's action' genre and is a truly unique film that features scenes, lines, and ridiculous characters which all together became something that its makers probably never intended it to. its a one of a kind movie that could never, ever be recreated

that's exactly how i see it

E
E

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »
LOL at arnolds arm measuring trick on jesse "the body"

I didn't get it, can you translate for me, what did he say?

The remake is called Predators (s)...it's not a remake.

It's still a predator movie and they cast a twink as the hero :'(
tank u jesus

wordy

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
Predator.

Commando is good, but Predator is great.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
even as a kid I knew Bennet was no match for Arnold & that the oak would easily handle him...

but there were many times during the predator movie were I thought man how's Arnold gonna pull this one out...
DAWG

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
sorry but commando is aging badly, even the jokes and oneliners.

Predator didnt age at all.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
I didn't get it, can you translate for me, what did he say?

It's still a predator movie and they cast a twink as the hero :'(

I agree with you but look at the larger picture.  What this means is that big money is getting back into the Predator franchise!  Robert Rodriguez makes big budget movies that kick ass.  Adrien Brody is an award winning actor.  Hopefully this means better production, graphics, story, etc as alarge mainstream money investment has been made.  Sadly, in today's witch hunt and female dominated culture it's not 'safe' to make movies with huge muscular alpha men.  Maybe things will change... :-\

Alex23

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
HAHA, Im so far in your head that I should be paying you rent

Stop taking this place so seriously Mr teabagger.... so seriously it prevents you from showing your face on here... like many before you on, pumpster (oldmanism), davidpaul (muslimsim) & co.... and for the same reason.

lmaciver

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
-Any sight of Matrix?
-No, just bodies, sir.
classic line.....COMMANDO by a mile!!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »
I agree with you but look at the larger picture.  What this means is that big money is getting back into the Predator franchise!  Robert Rodriguez makes big budget movies that kick ass.  Adrien Brody is an award winning actor.  Hopefully this means better production, graphics, story, etc as alarge mainstream money investment has been made.  Sadly, in today's witch hunt and female dominated culture it's not 'safe' to make movies with huge muscular alpha men.  Maybe things will change... :-\

ahh yer right, terminator salvation had 2 fantastic actors and it's a great movie despite the lack of musclemen
tank u jesus

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
apparantly predators has been written with a part in it for arnold if he wants to take it....

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »
apparantly predators has been written with a part in it for arnold if he wants to take it....

back in the 87 predator was fresh, new, exciting

in 2010....it like, ok come up with something new....stop rehashing the old stuff...something fresh

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2009, 06:49:53 PM »
Stop taking this place so seriously Mr teabagger.... so seriously it prevents you from showing your face on here... like many before you on, pumpster (oldmanism), davidpaul (muslimsim) & co.... and for the same reason.

It's because he is nothing to look at, and this is after all, a bodybuilding site.

EVERY person that was ever "outed" was a tiny tit or a fatbody. Draw your own conclusions on the remaining anonymous posters

I've said it a hundred times...if you are going to be a "character" or a giant ball-breaker, have the stones to put YOUR self out there for criticism or you are just a pussified gnat buzzing around the real Getbiggers

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »
back in the 87 predator was fresh, new, exciting

in 2010....it like, ok come up with something new....stop rehashing the old stuff...something fresh

I agree with you that Hollywood just keep remaking the same shit over and over and there are very few original movies anymore , but Predator is a movie that can be like James Bond and have a ongoing series it's a pretty timeless idea .

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »
1# Predator first because I saw it first when i was in 3rd grade and got away with watching HBO when parents weren't around. And it inspired me to look into shopping for army surplus goods a few years later into.  Also the first Arnold film I watched in full since Terminator at age 5 only to be scared off to my room for the rest the night after Arnold popped his eyes out in the sink.

2# Commando because parts were filmed on the beach I frequented as a child (San Simeon) and because there is that scene where he's blockaded in the shop house and he kicks the door open to hack the arm off with a machete and throw the saw blade at that dudes face. They slowed down the pace of the film to show the blade scalp half his face off.
Boom! Look what I found! Damn! they just dont make movies like they used to!

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2009, 09:06:55 PM »
Predator all the way.  Commando was good in its day, but it doesn't hold up as well as Predator does. 

slicksta

• Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2009, 12:08:09 AM »
The making of Predator, 2:14, how Arnold tricked Jesse into thinking he had bigger arms than him - fucking hilarious  ;D

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2009, 04:49:46 AM »
wtf does he say? 2.30

they should tell him that, so i can bet the boboff paint of when he comes to the gym ???

of course we should, let's better barber in paint ???

2.54 he says something again after WTF
tank u jesus

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
1# Predator first because I saw it first when i was in 3rd grade and got away with watching HBO when parents weren't around. And it inspired me to look into shopping for army surplus goods a few years later into.  Also the first Arnold film I watched in full since Terminator at age 5 only to be scared off to my room for the rest the night after Arnold popped his eyes out in the sink.

2# Commando because parts were filmed on the beach I frequented as a child (San Simeon) and because there is that scene where he's blockaded in the shop house and he kicks the door open to hack the arm off with a machete and throw the saw blade at that dudes face. They slowed down the pace of the film to show the blade scalp half his face off.
Boom! Look what I found! Damn! they just dont make movies like they used to!

there's a rare cut to be seen from that scene. when he chops the baddies arm off, arnie uses the bloody arm to batter even more baddies, lol.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2009, 12:26:15 PM »
I agree with you that Hollywood just keep remaking the same shit over and over and there are very few original movies anymore , but Predator is a movie that can be like James Bond and have a ongoing series it's a pretty timeless idea .

I doubt it. Once the novelty wears off (and it will) it'll end up being like one of the million vampire movie/tv variations out there

Whatever happened to creating something new and original rather than rehash the same stuff over and over

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2009, 06:41:53 PM »
there's a rare cut to be seen from that scene. when he chops the baddies arm off, arnie uses the bloody arm to batter even more baddies, lol.

ive heard of this but never seen it, any idea where it can be found?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2009, 08:34:37 PM »
ive heard of this but never seen it, any idea where it can be found?

Im not sure it ever made it out of the cutting room, the scene went (iirc) he cuts the guys arm off, the guy lays on the floor crying and Arnie tells him to stop being such a baby and beats him to death with his own arm  ;D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »
There is an extended version (might still be on Youtube) but it doesn't have the arm beating thing, just shows the bad guys screaming and suffering a little longer, which slows down the movie.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2009, 03:12:29 AM »
&feature=related
I am a mini beast

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2009, 04:51:04 AM »
Predator = Classic that spawned 3 sequels and still holds up today.

Commando = Throw away, shit movie.

no contest