Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159687 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: TNA - The NEW "Monday Night Wars" Begin:
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2010, 04:46:59 AM »
Lacy is a modern day Miss Elizabeth - which is fine, so long as they keep her in that role.
IOW - limit her "working" to standing ringside while showcasing her fabulously fake boobies, fake tan, fake hair, fake nails, and delicious ass & legs that go on forever.

If TNA ever releases her, it would be great to see her do one of "those" DVD's that some out of work divas occasionally put out in order to pay the bills for a while.
Think Missy Hyatt.

Although, after a little more thought, Lacy is probably a step above that.
I suspect she's more of a leaked stolen sex tape kind'a gal.
I don't care who (or how many) it's with...a LVE sex tape would sell. Her status as a TNA knock out will qualify her as a celebrity, which would classify her video as a celebrity sex tape - a label that commands public attention.
People who've never watched TNA a day in their lives would buy it because every ounce of this woman is SEX!

I could watch a video of her using a Netti Pot and sprout instant wood.
There is nothing she can do that is not sexy.

As hot as Lacy is, there will never be another miss Elizabeth.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2010, 05:05:31 AM »
Oh, ABSOLUTELY!

Sorry if there was any confusion there.
I wasn't comparing LVE to "The First Lady of Wrestling," but merely drawing similarities between their roles.
As lovely as she was, Elizabeth's job was to stand at ringside and look phenomenal.
Her rare, physical involvement in matches was minimal.
She was never trained as a wrestler, and the old man never tried to pass her off as one.

Lacy, at best, is about a .0003 x better "wrestler" than Liz was.
As such, Lacy needs to stay out of the ring and wear skimpier and skimpier outfits each & every week.
I remember when Liz tore off her skirt during the Mega-Powers match at SS '88.
I was so excited, I was jumping rope with my tongue!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2010, 06:16:06 AM »
Oh, ABSOLUTELY!

Sorry if there was any confusion there.
I wasn't comparing LVE to "The First Lady of Wrestling," but merely drawing similarities between their roles.
As lovely as she was, Elizabeth's job was to stand at ringside and look phenomenal.
Her rare, physical involvement in matches was minimal.
She was never trained as a wrestler, and the old man never tried to pass her off as one.

Lacy, at best, is about a .0003 x better "wrestler" than Liz was.
As such, Lacy needs to stay out of the ring and wear skimpier and skimpier outfits each & every week.
I remember when Liz tore off her skirt during the Mega-Powers match at SS '88.
I was so excited, I was jumping rope with my tongue!
I remember that!!! when she took off her skirt in that tight little outfit, you could hear a pin drop in MSG for how silent the crowd got :) Sad to see her go way way way before her time. She was constantly HOT.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »
Yes.
She also looked good when they modernized her look with a bit of “slut” in the N.W.O.
But, Liz still looked classy even in the low cut tops and the tight, black leather miniskirts.

What a baby doll.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2010, 04:59:26 AM »
Yes.
She also looked good when they modernized her look with a bit of “slut” in the N.W.O.
But, Liz still looked classy even in the low cut tops and the tight, black leather miniskirts.

What a baby doll.

Baby doll indeed. Everytime I watch my Randy Savage DVD I really appreciate her beauty. Too bad what had to happen to her. Just goes to show you how that lifestyle can get to anyone.

People can say what they want but her death was certainly not Luger's fault. No one held a gun to her head and told her to drink excessively or down pain killers and Xanax like it was going out of style. She became a druggie and a boozer. Shame. She was always an extremely beautiful & classy woman. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2010, 04:58:57 AM »
Easy fella's....there is only one Baby Doll !!!!!  8)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2010, 05:23:41 AM »
I'm going to have to dissent, here.

I know she went downhill fast, but, when she was in her prime, Sunny was the greatest diva ever. She had it all: the looks, the body and the persona.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2010, 07:25:04 AM »
I'm going to have to dissent, here.

I know she went downhill fast, but, when she was in her prime, Sunny was the greatest diva ever. She had it all: the looks, the body and the persona.

Too bad she's a porker now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2010, 07:46:59 AM »
I met Tammy backstage a few times just after Chris signed with TNA & was still working some indy shows with Shane.

Had she not walked in with those guys, I would never have recognized here.
No tan or makeup, washed out dye job, heavier (though, not fat), baggy clothes, and extremely quiet & subdued.
Actually – regarding the quiet & subdued part – both she & Chris were that way – total opposite of how they’ve often been described during their early 90’s WWF run.

Knowing their reputations, the first time I saw Tam & Chris (wearing the Zubaz & workout top) walking towards us, I really didn’t know what to expect.
I was pleasantly surprised.

I’ve said this before:
Balls,
Douglas,
Candido’s,
Sandman…
…all of those ECW guys could be just as wild & crazy outside the ring as their personas inside.
But, they had real camaraderie and were very nice & respectable to the trainees, refs, announcers, etc.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »
I met Tammy backstage a few times just after Chris signed with TNA & was still working some indy shows with Shane.

Had she not walked in with those guys, I would never have recognized here.
No tan or makeup, washed out dye job, heavier (though, not fat), baggy clothes, and extremely quiet & subdued.
Actually – regarding the quiet & subdued part – both she & Chris were that way – total opposite of how they’ve often been described during their early 90’s WWF run.

Knowing their reputations, the first time I saw Tam & Chris (wearing the Zubaz & workout top) walking towards us, I really didn’t know what to expect.
I was pleasantly surprised.

I’ve said this before:
Balls,
Douglas,
Candido’s,
Sandman…
…all of those ECW guys could be just as wild & crazy outside the ring as their personas inside.
But, they had real camaraderie and were very nice & respectable to the trainees, refs, announcers, etc.

Tammy really changed though. I think part of her depression raised from Chris Candido's death.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32:54 AM »
I would imagine that, as well as the substance abuse over the years.

Look how many people who abuse (or have abused) recreational & Rx drugs are messed up in the head for life.
The WWF life has always been tolling and chaotic.
Those two were thrust into it before they were out of their teens!

From HS graduation to life on the road as a WWF superstar – during a time when substance abuse was at its peak!
They were never acquainted with a "normal" life.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »
I would imagine that, as well as the substance abuse over the years.

Look how many people who abuse (or have abused) recreational & Rx drugs are messed up in the head for life.
The WWF life has always been tolling and chaotic.
Those two were thrust into it before they were out of their teens!

From HS graduation to life on the road as a WWF superstar – during a time when substance abuse was at its peak!
They were never acquainted with a "normal" life.

Spot on post! I believe Tammy aka "Sunny" was only 19 when she started her career in the original ECW and 22-23 when she started in WWE.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »
Something like that.

Sunny seems to have an on/off switch - whether it's voluntary or involuntary.
At first, I wondered if her unusually quiet nature was a snobbish snub compared to her more infamous flamboyant and flirtatious nature.
But, she acted that way around everyone backstage, so I didn't take it personally.
Honestly, I wondered if she was coming down from a "happy" car ride in from Jersey.

She might just be one of those people who "turns it on" in front of an audience. 
And, let's face it - a bunch of half-assed indy guys with pot bellies & shaved chests is hardly an "audience."

She was polite, but not the least bit warm.
Hard to believe she has a shy side - although, I'm sure the way she appeared there, she didn't exactly feel like a "diva."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2010, 12:14:10 PM »
Is it too late for TNA to go back to Thursdays?

_________

WWE RAW & TNA iMPACT! Ratings Are In

Published March 31st, 2010 in Headlines

The ratings are in for the March 29, 2010 editions of WWE RAW & TNA iMAPCT!.

WWE’s post-WrestleMania 26 episode of WWE RAW drew a 3.7 cable rating. This number is up from last week’s 3.2, but even WWE’s first class farewell tribute to Shawn Michaels on the night after WrestleMania was not enough to push the show into the 4’s.

TNA iMPACT featuring a 6-man six-man steel cage main event scored a 0.6 cable rating, down sharply from last week’s 0.9 and the worst rating on Monday nights yet.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »
Something like that.

Sunny seems to have an on/off switch - whether it's voluntary or involuntary.
At first, I wondered if her unusually quiet nature was a snobbish snub compared to her more infamous flamboyant and flirtatious nature.
But, she acted that way around everyone backstage, so I didn't take it personally.
Honestly, I wondered if she was coming down from a "happy" car ride in from Jersey.

She might just be one of those people who "turns it on" in front of an audience. 
And, let's face it - a bunch of half-assed indy guys with pot bellies & shaved chests is hardly an "audience."

She was polite, but not the least bit warm.
Hard to believe she has a shy side - although, I'm sure the way she appeared there, she didn't exactly feel like a "diva."

Maybe she wanted your ass, Mont. Ya never knwo. :)

Montague

• Getbig V
TNA vs. WWE - The NEW Monday Night Wars:
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »
Of course...

That was blatantly obvious by the way she totally fukking ignored me the entire time.
 :D

I would still take Sunny no matter how she looks - just because it's Sunny.
And no matter how Sunny looks, I doubt she'd ever take me.
 ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: TNA vs. WWE - The NEW Monday Night Wars:
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2010, 05:51:45 AM »
PWInsider.com is confirming that The Nasty Boys, Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags, are indeed finished with TNA. The tag team was initially brought into the company on a 90 day trial basis, and TNA then decided not to continue working with them.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2010, 05:54:20 AM »
by Nick Paglino
credit: wrestlezone.com

Apr 01, 2010 I spoke with a source in TNA this morning who told me that there was a genuinely horrific backstage reaction to Dixie Carter's latest Tweet concerning Impact and Shawn Michaels.

For those who did not read the Tweet, Carter posted the following this past Tuesday: "Thank goodness he can only retire once...hopefully. Shawn, congrats on an amazing career!"

Carter was reacting to the very low 0.56 cable rating that Impact drew this past Monday night and her Tweet seemed to blame the low rating on the fact that WWE booked Shawn Michaels' retirement speech for Raw that night, which took away from TNA's ratings. However, when you look at the quarter hour break down of Impact, the entire show performed poorly which in no way can be blamed on the HBK segment on Raw, which aired in the show's main event time slot.

According to the TNA source I spoke with, many people backstage in the company were shocked that Dixie actually blamed the rating on the HBK segment, and feel that her Tweet further proved that she has a lot to learn. Additionally, many people felt that her Tweet was disrespectful, as it was more of an excuse for the poor Impact rating as opposed to a respectful farewell to HBK, which it seemed like she was going for.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
i think that if tna wants to continue the  new monday night wars they're doomed unless they change up their product, and maybe go back to TNA=total nonstop action. instead of trying to copy they should innovate. they should be glad wwe leaves weds and thurs open for other wrestling companies.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2010, 05:06:25 AM »
According to the net and rumours, SHane Helms (who is headed to TNA, Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore are trying to get Matt Hardy to jump ship. Matt Hardy is said to be unhappy with the direction his charactor has taken. His feud with Edge a few years ago was gold.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
That would make since, they spotted hardy and Moore in the Audience at UFC fight night the other night and I thought I seen helms sitting behind them.
TEAM LESNAR

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »
At first, it appeared as if Chris Daniels was possibly leaving TNA to return to ROH.
Reports later indicated that Daniels was still under contract to TNA, but merely signed to work a series of dates for ROH.

F4WOnline.com is NOW reporting that Christopher Daniels and TNA Wrestling have officially parted ways.

Montague

• Getbig V
TNA "IMPACT!" thoughts:
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »
While watching TNA right now, three things have occurred to me…

1.) The chick in the front row wearing the low-cut yellow top has a beautiful rack. Good job, horny
     cameraman, for frequently cutting to her.

2.) James Storm should not wear spandex anything that ends above the knee.

3.) I'm taking more & more of a liking to Velvet Sky. In fact, I would most certainly take Sky over LVE -
     even though, in reality, who I would choose makes NO F*CKING DIFFERENCE whatsoever.

Playboy

• Getbig V
Re: TNA "IMPACT!" thoughts:
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2010, 05:29:57 AM »
Velvet Sky is delicious as are most of the "Beautiful People" faction in TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: TNA "IMPACT!" thoughts:
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2010, 05:19:58 AM »
Did you catch the RVD/Storm match?
Is that the best they can give Van Dam to work with?
Storm moved only slightly better than Flair did on TNA’s Monday debut.

I wanted to see more of the Angle/Anderson ladder match, but got sidetracked.

Am I the only one who does not dig Abyss?
Why are they trying to push him so hard?
Do they have an ulterior motive like setting up a future angle, etc.?