Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 160129 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #300 on: May 29, 2010, 04:14:02 AM »
credit: wrestlezone.com

TNA represenative Steven Godfrey gave the following quote to the PWInsider.com website in regards to Booker T's status with TNA Wrestling following his surprise appearance in the main event match of last weekend's TNA live event:
"Booker T is not affiliated with TNA Wrestling at this time. However, due to a mechanical issue, AJ Styles was unable to fly in for the TNA live event, and Booker made a surprise appearance in his place. TNA prides itself on creating the best live events in professional wrestling, and you never know what can happen when you attend TNA Live."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2010, 06:14:24 PM »
TNA performer Ric Flair recently confirmed during an interview with WrestleCast out of the UK that his son Reid Flair has been officially signed by TNA Wrestling.
Also, according to Flair, Arn Anderson will be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame next year in Atlanta, Georgia.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »
credit: wrestlezone.com

Sean "Syxx-Pac" Waltman recently appeared on the Cowhead radio show out of Orlando and stated that the reason he's been pulled from television in TNA is because he contracted Hepatitis C.

Many were speculating on the reason behind Waltman's absence, but the former nWo and D-X member cleared those rumors up with his Friday appearance on the Florida radio program.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2010, 01:39:57 PM »
Source: http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/1973-tna-reaction-starts-june-24-on-spike

TNA ReACTION AIRS ON SPIKE TV STARTING JUNE 24

“TNA ReACTION,” a one hour docu-style series that will bring the characters, story, and drama of TNA Wrestling’s long running action format “TNA iMPACT!” to life in an entirely new and unique way, will air on Thursday nights beginning June 24 from 8:00pm-9:00pm (ET/PT) on Spike. “TNA ReACTION” will join TNA Wrestling’s flagship program “TNA iMPACT!” as part of “TNA Thursdays” on Spike TV.

Created and executive produced by TNA Entertainment and Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment (BHE TV), “TNA ReACTION” combines production values and format elements that are truly groundbreaking to the professional wrestling/sports entertainment genre, which has been leader in cable television for decades.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #304 on: June 09, 2010, 05:48:46 AM »
TNA performer Ric Flair recently confirmed during an interview with WrestleCast out of the UK that his son Reid Flair has been officially signed by TNA Wrestling.
Also, according to Flair, Arn Anderson will be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame next year in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hopefully Reid will be a better performer than David. Flair's son David was horrendous.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2010, 06:25:26 AM »
To his credit, David freely admitted he was not ready for that push.
I have a feeling he was rushed into that angle based on who is Dad is.

David didn't have enough natural aptitude.
That's not a criticism - he simply needed more practice time before being thrust into WCW main programming, and if he wasn't Ric Flair's son, I think he probably would have gotten that time.

Just one more bad decision on the part of WCW.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2010, 07:26:14 AM »
According to F4WOnline.com, TNA is currently trying to secure a match between Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn as the main event for the August 8 pay-per view, which is the show with the ECW-reunion theme.

RVD-Lynn is considered one of the best rivalries, in terms of quality matches, in ECW history. It is also one of the last great main event feuds in the original ECW, as the company focus had shifted to RVD after losing the majority of their top stars to either WWE or WCW. This was during the period where they finally got a national television deal on TNN (which later became the Spike TV network). In fact, the first episode of ECW on TNN was a replay of a classic RVD vs. Jerry Lynn match.

This news comes after the report that Tommy Dreamer is personally working on getting original ECW guys to commit to an appearance during the event. If any further information on former ECW stars commit to the show, we'll have an update here on the site.

TNA "Hard Justice" airs on PPV on August 8 from the TNA Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2010, 07:28:26 AM »
Also, on a somewhat related note...

The Wrestling Globe Newsletter is reporting that ECW original Bill Alfonso was backstage at the Impact tapings in Orlando this past week.
Alfonso has apparently been looking to work for TNA for awhile now. No word on whether or not TNA has interest in using him.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »
Also, on a somewhat related note...

The Wrestling Globe Newsletter is reporting that ECW original Bill Alfonso was backstage at the Impact tapings in Orlando this past week.
Alfonso has apparently been looking to work for TNA for awhile now. No word on whether or not TNA has interest in using him.

They need to bring him back ASAP as RVD's manager.  They were great together.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2010, 04:38:29 AM »
It'll be good for TNA if they can sign some original ECW wrestlers. They need to beef that roster up a bit leading to more story lines.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2010, 05:27:31 AM »
They'd better hurry!
Those guys aren't getting any younger.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2010, 05:47:16 AM »
They'd better hurry!
Those guys aren't getting any younger.

There's a few guys that can still do it. Jerry Lynn, Mickey Whipwreck, Sandman, Raven, etc. Apparently now Paul Heymen is in talks with Eric Bishoff.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »
There's a few guys that can still do it. Jerry Lynn, Mickey Whipwreck, Sandman, Raven, etc. Apparently now Paul Heymen is in talks with Eric Bishoff.

I'd heard that as well.
But it's also been said that,apparently, he isn‘t thrilled with who he‘d be working with and seems to be more interested in working on some projects with Brock, with whom he's still good friends.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2010, 05:47:35 AM »

I'd heard that as well.
But it's also been said that,apparently, he isn‘t thrilled with who he‘d be working with and seems to be more interested in working on some projects with Brock, with whom he's still good friends.
It would definately be a good hire for TNA. Plus, Paul hates Vince for stealing his ECW ideas. For a lot that don't know...
- Steve Austin drank his first beer in the original ECW...not WWE
- Cactus Jack aka Mick Foley's hardcore career started in ECW...not WWE or WCW for that matter.
Those are just two examples and there are many more. Wrestling angles, etc that Vince and Stephanie took from him. He was fired by Stephanie because he objected to a lot of her creative crap. These would be good reasons for him to sign with TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2010, 05:58:50 AM »
If the money and other conditions are right, he still may - just to stick it up Vince's ass.
His supposed disinterest may just be a bluff or a smoke & mirrors ploy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2010, 07:11:49 AM »
If the money and other conditions are right, he still may - just to stick it up Vince's ass.
His supposed disinterest may just be a bluff or a smoke & mirrors ploy.
I think he'll sign eventually. TNA is also interested in JBL although his bad back may prevent this from happening. Mind you, they have a much lighter schedual in TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
Definitely.
And, I don't think that Dixie seems like the type of promoter who treats her wrestlers like circus animals.

It's going to take time, but I still that predict TNA will improve and become a bigger player.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2010, 10:25:56 AM »
Definitely.
And, I don't think that Dixie seems like the type of promoter who treats her wrestlers like circus animals.

It's going to take time, but I still that predict TNA will improve and become a bigger player.
I agree. Eventually wrestlers will have to retire from WWE. They are already hurting. Once HHH, Undertaker (who are both injured right now) retire, John Cena, who is left to carry the ship and draw fans??? I highly doubt that people will tune in or buy that 45.00 dollar avarage priced ticket to watch the Miz main event against John Morrison. Know what I mean?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »
I agree. Eventually wrestlers will have to retire from WWE. They are already hurting. Once HHH, Undertaker (who are both injured right now) retire, John Cena, who is left to carry the ship and draw fans??? I highly doubt that people will tune in or buy that 45.00 dollar avarage priced ticket to watch the Miz main event against John Morrison. Know what I mean?

totally agree.  The WWE is vacant of anybody, other than Cena who can truly headline.  I don't like him, but he does draw.  The rest of the roster could be replaced and I don't think anybody would notice.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: July 21, 2010, 04:42:19 AM »
totally agree.  The WWE is vacant of anybody, other than Cena who can truly headline.  I don't like him, but he does draw.  The rest of the roster could be replaced and I don't think anybody would notice.
I would rather watch TNA's Christopher Daniels, A.J.Styles or Samoa Joe anyday over Thee WWE's The Miz, John Morrison or R-truth. Easily.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2010, 05:49:32 AM »
Concur.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2010, 06:46:18 AM »
I would rather watch TNA's Christopher Daniels, A.J.Styles or Samoa Joe anyday over Thee WWE's The Miz, John Morrison or R-truth. Easily.

Daniels is doing a small indy show here in a month or so, I think I'm going to try to get to it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: July 22, 2010, 04:35:27 AM »
Daniels is doing a small indy show here in a month or so, I think I'm going to try to get to it.
TNA is trying to resign him as we speak.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2010, 05:58:43 AM »
TNA is trying to resign him as we speak.

Hope it doesn't interfere with him doing the local show... ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2010, 07:16:37 AM »
Refresh my memory...
Why was he released to begin with?