Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159784 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2010, 07:41:44 AM »
Source: ProWrestling.net

-It has been confirmed that Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn will headline TNA's Hard Justice PPV.

-In addition to the former ECW names TNA already has on the roster, it's being reported that TNA has reached out to Roadkill and Johnny Swinger. It appears that TNA officials have reached out to Justin Credible, as well, however none of the aforementioned names have been confirmed to appear on the PPV.

-It's being said that non-contracted talent who are called in for the show will be making somewhere from $500-$1,000 for the appearance at the PPV.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »
In a recent interview with the Miami Herald, Jeff Jarrett hinted at the possibility of roster cuts.

With the recent money invested, there would be a number of cost-cutting measures, including roster cuts. Without confirming or denying, Jarrett believes it's the nature of the beast for any company.
"We run a business and in the business of making money,'' Jarrett said. ``So what needs to be done needs to be done in order for us to be in business.''

I wonder if roster cuts equates to roster changes

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2010, 08:59:02 AM »
Refresh my memory...
Why was he released to begin with?

I believe his contract expired and he just never re-signed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »
I remember seeing Daniles & Styles working an indy match about 6 years ago.
It was a taping, and when the match was about to start, a bunch of the guys huddled around the monitor backstage to watch.
Heard one or two people say, "Get ready to take notes, boys. School's in session."

I didn't get to see the match, but hearing the audience reaction was enough to tell me the caliber of performance it was.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »
According to The Wrestling Globe Newsletter, TNA's Terry Taylor will be training Reid Flair, son of Ric Flair, to prepare him for a future TV debut.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: July 23, 2010, 04:20:18 AM »
According to The Wrestling Globe Newsletter, TNA's Terry Taylor will be training Reid Flair, son of Ric Flair, to prepare him for a future TV debut.

That's pretty weird. You'd figure that Flair being the talent that he is and the stellar career that he's had would train his own son.  :-\

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #331 on: July 23, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
That's pretty weird. You'd figure that Flair being the talent that he is and the stellar career that he's had would train his own son.  :-\

I'm sure Ric will have a lot of input, but probably wants a neutral eye on Reid.  I suppose Reid's drug bust in Charlotte must have been taken care of...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: July 23, 2010, 05:47:25 AM »
I'm sure Ric will have a lot of input, but probably wants a neutral eye on Reid.  I suppose Reid's drug bust in Charlotte must have been taken care of...
Well, David Flair I can see as an untalented clown. But from what I have heard, Reid is supposed to be a good amature wrestler. He just needs to mature a bit.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: July 23, 2010, 06:20:15 AM »
Well, David Flair I can see as an untalented clown. But from what I have heard, Reid is supposed to be a good amature wrestler. He just needs to mature a bit.

Yeah, David was a stiff...i think he still works for the NCHP.....Reid has a lot of skill, but the last time I saw him, he was pretty small.  He bought quite a bit of equipment from one of our stores in Charlotte.....sales guy who is a friend of mine said he was super hyper and all over the place.....Ric called in with a CC to pay the bill.... 8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: July 23, 2010, 06:36:13 AM »
Yeah, David was a stiff...i think he still works for the NCHP.....Reid has a lot of skill, but the last time I saw him, he was pretty small.  He bought quite a bit of equipment from one of our stores in Charlotte.....sales guy who is a friend of mine said he was super hyper and all over the place.....Ric called in with a CC to pay the bill.... 8)
In the Ric Flair dvd, David was interviewed a few times and he looks like a fatso now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: July 23, 2010, 06:43:35 AM »

Must be nice.

;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2010, 02:00:32 PM »
The following is an excerpt from an article on TNAWrestling.com:

Carter also announced today that Dreamer would be given full creative control of “HardCORE Justice.”
In addition to the hardcore originals, Dreamer revealed a few more names for “HardCORE Justice,”: Current TNA agents Al Snow and Simon Diamond, as well as tag team legends Team 3D and current TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam.
Dreamer confirmed that Van Dam will compete at the pay-per-view event, but will not defend his title.

“TNA is the only place that this event could happen,” Dreamer said.
“There are no politics to worry about and no restrictions in place.
The fans know that I have a lot of extremely close friends, so they can expect anything and everything to happen.
I have some surprises for everyone,” he said.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
The following is an excerpt from an article on TNAWrestling.com:

Carter also announced today that Dreamer would be given full creative control of “HardCORE Justice.”
In addition to the hardcore originals, Dreamer revealed a few more names for “HardCORE Justice,”: Current TNA agents Al Snow and Simon Diamond, as well as tag team legends Team 3D and current TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam.
Dreamer confirmed that Van Dam will compete at the pay-per-view event, but will not defend his title.

“TNA is the only place that this event could happen,” Dreamer said.
“There are no politics to worry about and no restrictions in place.
The fans know that I have a lot of extremely close friends, so they can expect anything and everything to happen.
I have some surprises for everyone,” he said.

Great move by TNA.  No way Dreamer can replace Heyman in developing storylines, for for a one night deal like this he really doesn't have to. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2010, 02:26:59 PM »
Dreamer allegedly contributed some good ideas to the Fed while working with them.
Like many, I think he became disillusioned with the operations.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
At the TNA Impact tapings held this past Monday night at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida, the company revealed how they'll get around referring to former ECW wrestlers as just that - ECW wrestlers. How?

Apparently during the tapings, TNA repeatedly referred to ECW wrestlers as "EV2.0." This, according to ProWrestling.net, stands for Extreme Version 2.0.

credit: wrestlezone.com

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: July 28, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »
At the TNA Impact tapings held this past Monday night at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida, the company revealed how they'll get around referring to former ECW wrestlers as just that - ECW wrestlers. How?

Apparently during the tapings, TNA repeatedly referred to ECW wrestlers as "EV2.0." This, according to ProWrestling.net, stands for Extreme Version 2.0.

I think they should have gone with East Coast Championship Wrestling....it's not like the people won'tl recognize all the ECW guys , anyway...and it would be fun to stick it up vince's ass.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: July 28, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »
It's being reported that Paul Heyman had a conference call last week with SpikeTV officials.
Spike is currently under a lot of pressure to improve its ratings, as it has slipped out of the top 25 on cable.
No word on what was discussed during the conference call with Heyman or what came out of the call.

credit: Dave Meltzer

Montague

• Getbig V
TNA News:
« Reply #342 on: July 28, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »
The following is fan footage of an ECW in-ring "reunion" following this week's IMPACT! taping.
I don't know if it will be included on the broadcast, or was simply an "extra" after cameras stopped rolling.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2010, 07:35:21 AM »
It's being reported that Paul Heyman had a conference call last week with SpikeTV officials.
Spike is currently under a lot of pressure to improve its ratings, as it has slipped out of the top 25 on cable.
No word on what was discussed during the conference call with Heyman or what came out of the call.

credit: Dave Meltzer
Maybe we should go over there and run the show for Dixie. Mont, you can come up with storylines. Showstopper can be a road agent and i'll be communications. We'll take WWE down  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: July 29, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »
Maybe we should go over there and run the show for Dixie. Mont, you can come up with storylines. Showstopper can be a road agent and i'll be communications. We'll take WWE down  ;D

I'm in.  8)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: July 29, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »
What's interesting to me is that this call wasn’t from TNA, but rather from the Spike TV network.
I wonder if they have something beyond wrestling in mind for the former ECW mad professor.

I wouldn’t think it likely that Spike would be negotiating with Heyman (only) on behalf of Dixie’s company.
Maybe that’s part of it, but I suspect there’s more.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »

We reported several days ago that former ECW star Lance Storm turned down TNA's offer to be a part of the "HardCORE Justice" PPV.

The Wrestling Observer is now reporting that former ECW star Roadkill has also turned TNA down.

Additionally, former ECW star Mikey Whipwreck posted the following on his Facebook page:
"For the record, I have no intentions of doing the TNA PPV. I'm happy for guys that are doing it but it's nice to see the little bingo hall company everyone 'blew off' back in the days as 'insignificant' is called upon every time business is in the toilet."

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________________

Mikey's got a point.
Is anyone with power paying attention?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »
ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA shot some video promos of various wrestlers describing what "the hardcore originals meant to them."

According to the report, the video packages will air throughout the HardCORE Justice PPV as a way to give the show a more nostalgic, reunion-type feel.

The promos will also feature wrestlers paying homage to both Paul Heyman and Joey Styles, two ECW originals who will not be on the show.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: August 02, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »
TNA star Tommy Dreamer appeared on a recent edition of "Busted Open" Radio. Below is a highlight from the interview:

"I have spoken to Paul [Heyman]. Paul's doing his own deal. I know he's doing a lot of stuff with Brock [Lesnar]. Yeah, I'd love for him to be there. I'd love for Joey Styles to be there. They may not. Joey won't be there because he's doing WWE.

I'd love for Rey Mysterio to be there. He can't be due to his contract with WWE. If Paul wants to be there, Paul will be there. And if Paul's not going to be there, it's not on Paul. That's cool. Yes, I have spoken to him. I have expressed that I wished he was there. He's doing his deal. I hope he shows up. You never what mysteries and surprises we will have in store. Trust me, I have a few already."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: August 02, 2010, 05:49:25 PM »
And, the other big TNA announcement to start off our week - I actually like this one - comes from the official Twitter page of TNA president Dixie Carter:

"Just spoke to Dreamer. SABU is confirmed for HardCORE Justice this Sunday."