Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159986 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2010, 06:27:39 AM »
It’s highly unlikely that Emperor Vince will ever lose his fortune.
But - much worse than that for him - he may one day lose his empire; at least compared to what it once was.
In many respects, he already has - several times, including now.

Vince’s life is the WWF.

Can you imagine if the day ever came when no network would pick up WWE programming?
A day when his dwindling exposure would reduce his product to performing in ECW-type venues.
When merchandise sales that once ran neck & neck with South Park (at the height of their popularity) are downgraded to a few weekly mail orders and “gimmick tables” at events.

I doubt it will come to that, but if WWE turned into another ROH or some other kind of "upper-level indy promotion," all of Vince’s billions would no longer matter.
He, himself, would become wrestling’s biggest tragedy.
Ironic.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »
It’s highly unlikely that Emperor Vince will ever lose his fortune.
But - much worse than that for him - he may one day lose his empire; at least compared to what it once was.
In many respects, he already has - several times, including now.

Vince’s life is the WWF.

Can you imagine if the day ever came when no network would pick up WWE programming?
A day when his dwindling exposure would reduce his product to performing in ECW-type venues.

When merchandise sales that once ran neck & neck with South Park (at the height of their popularity) are downgraded to a few weekly mail orders and “gimmick tables” at events.

I doubt it will come to that, but if WWE turned into another ROH or some other kind of "upper-level indy promotion," all of Vince’s billions would no longer matter.
He, himself, would become wrestling’s biggest tragedy.
Ironic.

This almost happened in 1993-1995 when they were performing in front of 1000 crowd venues as opposed to the 18,000+ sellout crowds they had in 1980's boom. Vince will never loose his money but his organization is numbered. Its already starting to show in the stale story lines that are being force fed down peoples throats weekly. Not to mention the lackluster roster of performers. The territory days will be back.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2010, 09:26:50 AM »
I haven't watched an entire WWF show in I don't know how long.
I love the old "classic" footage, and I believe that may become a bigger and bigger market for them as the current product slips.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »
I love the old "classic" footage, and I believe that may become a bigger and bigger market for them as the current product slips.

i agree.  So much of the type of wrestling I want to see will never ever return.  vince drove a stake in it with the breaking kayfabe.  Honestly, it wasn't like people didn't already know so what was the point?  He just alienated old-school fans and caused younger fans to never really get the experience of "buying in" to what was going on.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:05 AM »

i can't watch smackdown anymore that show is the pits.same matches limited roster week after week.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2010, 06:24:12 AM »
i can't watch smackdown anymore that show is the pits.same matches limited roster week after week.
My humble opinion:

1. Blend the rosters to make it more exciting and avoid the same matches / fueds all over again.

2. Lose this PG bullshit. Parents, if you don't like what your seeing, change the channel. If you make your three year olds watch a chair shot to the head, swearing, etc, what does that say about your parenting skills?

3. Let fueds last longer. When you have a good money run, don't kill it with clean finishes all the time. Let the fueds last longer.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:31 AM »
and in other news tna put on a great show last night, two hours of total non-stop action wrestling like the name says, immeadiately followed by a show called reaction for an hour which i didn't watch. they got a little carried away with the blood however the last 10 minutes of the show.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »
and in other news tna put on a great show last night, two hours of total non-stop action wrestling like the name says, immeadiately followed by a show called reaction for an hour which i didn't watch. they got a little carried away with the blood however the last 10 minutes of the show.
It still makes WWE's programming look ridiculous.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »
This past Thursday night's TNA "Whole F'n Show" Impact! special finished with a 1.15 rating, which is down slightly from the previous week's 1.2 draw.
The debut edition of TNA's Reaction show, which aired immediately after Impact!, finished with a 0.9 cable rating.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: August 18, 2010, 01:53:43 PM »
FACTS HURT!

On the heels of the big "youth push" in WWE during the past several weeks, here are some facts from this week in the business:

"Raw's demographic ratings among males 18-34 and 18-49 were the lowest in seven weeks."

"Raw scored a 1.86 rating among males 18-34, which was down from a 2.03 rating last week."

And during this months conference call to investors Vince McMahon admitted that:

"Basically, we had a lousy quarter," and then when on to pin the loss of Shawn Michaels, Batista, Triple H, and Undertaker (all 40 + years old) as the reason for the hit to PPV and live event revenue.

Now one could suggest that McMahon is insane enough to be intentionally misleading Wall Street with excuses that are not substantiated by financials that wouldn�€™t hold up under either SEC or Sarbanes Oxley Act 404 scrutiny, or maybe that he has no idea what he�€™s talking about despite the massive success of his business model.

Or one could recognize the direct connect between what TV ratings, PPV buy rates, and ticket sales have proven time and time again, as well as what legitimate focus groups conducted by credible media companies in the business of such have clearly identified: the TV audience (including 18-34 males) rate with ESTABLISHED (and yes older) stars!

Admittedly, these facts are kind of dry compared to the subjective opinion of those with their own agenda or the inflamed rhetoric that appeals to those perpetually pre-pubescent, parasitic internet "experts" who neither have any legitimate experience or success as executives in the television or wrestling industry, and the rants of the terminally irrelevant trying desperately to hold on to their last 200 fans.

But they are facts non-the-less.

In my opinion Vince Russo, Dixie Carter and the team at TNA have done a great job of utilizing veteran stars to help elevate some of the young emerging talent in TNA and at the same time gaining awareness and credibility within the media industry.

That's just my opinion. And my opinion is backed up by facts.

OUCH!

Sorry."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: August 18, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »
damn quote function! from Bischoff ^^^

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2010, 04:47:31 AM »
damn quote function! from Bischoff ^^^
If WWE was smart, they would have kept Paul Heyman & Eric Bishoff backstage for input. Vince is an idiot.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2010, 05:04:19 AM »
I don't know that Vince's ego would allow it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2010, 06:55:04 AM »
I don't know that Vince's ego would allow it.
And thats exactly why his business is floundering.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »
And thats exactly why his business is floundering.

Love it..... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2010, 07:49:26 AM »
Love it..... ;D
Vince is like old Yellar. All someone needs to do is take him out back and put the final touches to him. His daughter on the other hand....I could make a mess with her.  :)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2010, 02:16:23 PM »
ORIGINAL: According to Pwinsider.com, TNA has released former X-Division and Tag Team champion Homicide. Homicide had been with the company since 2005. Since Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan came to the company, Homicide had not been used much on Impact, mostly appearing on Xplosion. They shot an injury angle with him, involving Matt Morgan and Hernandez, which was supposed to lead to the return of LAX down the line.

Homicide recently relocated back to the Northeast, and it is expected that he will work a lot in that area again.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
TNA recently signed a new Knockout by the name of Becky Bayless.
Bayless worked a tryout last week under the name "Cookie," alongside Rob Eckos, who was also signed.
Their act is said to be a take on Jersey Shore stars Snooki and The Situation.
Bayless has worked for a number of independent promotions in recent years including Ring of Honor, Full Impact Pro and Shimmer Women Athletes:

Playboy,
If you make a mess on this one, Triple H won't make a mess of you.
 ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: August 20, 2010, 05:04:39 AM »
TNA recently signed a new Knockout by the name of Becky Bayless.
Bayless worked a tryout last week under the name "Cookie," alongside Rob Eckos, who was also signed.
Their act is said to be a take on Jersey Shore stars Snooki and The Situation.
Bayless has worked for a number of independent promotions in recent years including Ring of Honor, Full Impact Pro and Shimmer Women Athletes:

Playboy,
 ;)
I'd take Vince's daughter out for a spin or two  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: August 20, 2010, 05:24:20 AM »
Hmm...
That leaves Velvet Sky all for me...

I accept your proposal.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: August 20, 2010, 07:50:36 AM »
Hmm...
That leaves Velvet Sky all for me...

I accept your proposal.

Maybe i'll take Steph & Velvet for a spin or two...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: August 20, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
Maybe i'll take Steph & Velvet for a spin or two...

Bullshit.
I get to de-flower her.
You know Helms didn't get the job done.
 ;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: August 20, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Playboy,
 ;)
Raven might. ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: August 20, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »
This Becky Bayless is looking pretty edible, too.
Looks like she lost some weight - thinner in the face - than when she was with ROH.

Raven might. ;D

Is that who she's with now?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:10 PM »
This Becky Bayless is looking pretty edible, too.
Looks like she lost some weight - thinner in the face - than when she was with ROH.

Is that who she's with now?
There is a rumor that he fucked her when she was 14. I remember it was brought up during a shoot with Honky and Raven and he denied it, then Honky took a shot at Lawler saying that he did break in in Memphis.