Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159970 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #425 on: September 05, 2010, 04:31:25 PM »
Plans are set for Spike TV to air the first episode of TNA Reaction on October 7th, 2010 immediately after the live edition of TNA Impact.
Impact is still slated to go back to a live broadcast in October.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #426 on: September 06, 2010, 06:21:01 AM »
Reaction has already started airing.
TEAM LESNAR

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: September 06, 2010, 06:23:02 AM »
Reaction has already started airing.

Did you watch it?
How is it?

They may be onto something.
These days, the backstage stuff is often way more interesting than anything they're doing in the shows.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: September 06, 2010, 11:06:38 AM »
TNA's Jeremy Borash posted the following on his Twitter account last night following the No Surrender PPV:
"With Kurt Angle right now backstage. He suffered a dislocated rib on the [Jeff Hardy] swanton to the floor."

He then added, "The amazing Dr. Tim Adair, who works for TNA backstage, has put Kurt's rib back in place. Angle says he is good to go. What a machine."

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »

Did you watch it?
How is it?

They may be onto something.
These days, the backstage stuff is often way more interesting than anything they're doing in the shows.
I DVR TNA so I only get about 15minutes of it because I have the time extended. What I do like is that when TNA goes off, Reaction comes on as if the cameras are still rolling so you get to see about 5-10 more minutes of the show.......As for your other post of Angle being a Machine, I totally agree. That guy is tough as nails on top of being very entertaining.
TEAM LESNAR

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: September 06, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »
I DVR TNA so I only get about 15minutes of it because I have the time extended. What I do like is that when TNA goes off, Reaction comes on as if the cameras are still rolling so you get to see about 5-10 more minutes of the show.......As for your other post of Angle being a Machine, I totally agree. That guy is tough as nails on top of being very entertaining.

Those were actually Jeremy Borash's comments, but I also agree.
I've always been a Kurt Angle mark for a number of reasons.

The guy has a tremendous work ethic, unparalleled skill, and sounds/seems genuine.
Even his "competition" never says anything bad about him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: September 13, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »
Amidst speculation that Team 3D might be parting ways with TNA due to the team's contracts having expired, TNA is currently advertising Team 3D for upcoming house show events in New York, Philadelphia and Rahway from September 23-25.

It should be noted that according to PWInsider.com, Brother Ray/Bubba Ray Dudley is still working with TNA as an agent.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2010, 03:50:21 AM »
Digitalspy.com is reporting that Sky in The UK has decided to shut down the Bravo Network, which hosts TNA Impact.
The report is noting that Sky wants to focus all its attention on The Living TV Channel portfolio, and game show network Challenge.
Because TNA Impact currently airs on Bravo in The UK, it remains to be seen what will happen to the show once Bravo is no longer a part of Sky.

In response to the news that Sky UK is likely to drop the Bravo Network from its line-up, TNA Executive Vice President Andy Barton posted the following over at TNAWrestling.com:
"Following the acquisition of Virgin Media TV channels (now rebranded as The Living TV Group) by Sky, there has always been the possibility of fundamental changes to those channels, including Bravo. However, we remain confident in TNA’s position due to the outstanding ratings enjoyed in 2010, and our long term contract with the Living TV Group."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2010, 05:02:48 AM »
Amidst speculation that Team 3D might be parting ways with TNA due to the team's contracts having expired, TNA is currently advertising Team 3D for upcoming house show events in New York, Philadelphia and Rahway from September 23-25.

It should be noted that according to PWInsider.com, Brother Ray/Bubba Ray Dudley is still working with TNA as an agent.

I think they'll resign. Give it about a month.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #434 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »

they can get away with that because on the card you'll usually see card subject to change. i've seldom gone to a wrestling show where all the advertised wrestlers actually showed up.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: September 20, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
Despite being arrested back in May and a current stint in rehab, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that TNA President Dixie Carter has discussed the idea of bringing Scott Hall back to the company when he completes his treatment.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #436 on: September 20, 2010, 08:18:06 PM »
Despite being arrested back in May and a current stint in rehab, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that TNA President Dixie Carter has discussed the idea of bringing Scott Hall back to the company when he completes his treatment.

That guy has been givin more chances than prob any wrestler out there.
TEAM LESNAR

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2010, 04:37:59 AM »
That guy has been givin more chances than prob any wrestler out there.
He doesn't care. He's got millions thanks to his Time Warner contract with Ted Turner back in the day.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: September 21, 2010, 04:44:54 AM »
And after all those chances & all those millions, he'll still be one of those guys who ends up with "nothing" in the end!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: September 21, 2010, 06:13:35 AM »
And after all those chances & all those millions, he'll still be one of those guys who ends up with "nothing" in the end!
Oh he has, "My source" who now has a home in Florida (next to Umaga's old house believe it or not) told me that he has a 5,000 square foot house and a slew of cars.

His only problem thats holding him back is his stupidity and drug / alchohol habits. Otherwise the fans know who he is and he always gets a reaction.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: October 03, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
Source: PWTorch.com

-It's being reported that Kurt Angle was upset with Abyss following their bout which was taped for this past Thursday's edition of TNA Impact. Angle was reportedly upset that Abyss botched a spot during the match and dropped him on his head.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #441 on: October 03, 2010, 05:34:56 PM »
Source: PWTorch.com

-It's being reported that Kurt Angle was upset with Abyss following their bout which was taped for this past Thursday's edition of TNA Impact. Angle was reportedly upset that Abyss botched a spot during the match and dropped him on his head.

Sometimes wrestlers are babies.

This is one of those times... You're a wrestler there Angle... Shit happens.

Sorry your neck is shit, but them's the breaks.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: October 04, 2010, 04:36:24 AM »
Angle just signed a new lucrative deal with TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: October 04, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
Angle just signed a new lucrative deal with TNA.

I'd read he signed a 1-yr extension.
Do you know any details/conditions?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: October 05, 2010, 05:35:59 AM »

I'd read he signed a 1-yr extension.
Do you know any details/conditions?
Well, he was getting 600,000 g's per year in his current deal and i'm sure ixie wouldn't want him to slip away. I believe he has to do 12 ppv's and "X" amound of appearences much like Sting's deal.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: October 05, 2010, 05:41:08 AM »
I'm sure TNA would hate to lose such a key player at this point.
It just seems like here's, yet, another wrestler trying to cross over to other areas of show-biz, and until he can successfully do that, he'll wrestle.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: October 05, 2010, 06:06:39 AM »
I'm sure TNA would hate to lose such a key player at this point.
It just seems like here's, yet, another wrestler trying to cross over to other areas of show-biz, and until he can successfully do that, he'll wrestle.

I think these guys just have way too much money on their hands and get bored. They should stick to what they know and what filled their bank accounts and thats it. For example, I liked the Rock and his mic skills and his matches during the attitude era, but I wouldn't watch one of his movies if my life depended on it.

Canuck

• Getbig II
« Reply #447 on: October 05, 2010, 11:48:38 PM »
Does anybody have any information about Daffney and why she seems to have lost her TV time and is traveling an low end TNA shows?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: October 06, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »
Does anybody have any information about Daffney and why she seems to have lost her TV time and is traveling an low end TNA shows?
She's currently wrestling for an independant company called wrestleicious.
In early 2009 Spruill took part in the first season tapings of Wrestlicious, which started airing in March 2010, using the character of Draculetta.[6] She debuted on March 17 in the main event of the third episode of Takedown, teaming with White Magic in a tag team match, where they lost via disqualification to the team of Lacey Von Erich and Amber Lively

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: October 07, 2010, 08:03:36 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

– Former WWE talent Ed Leslie (Brutus Beefcake) said on the Miami sports talk radio show The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Friday that he’s joining Hulk Hogan in TNA Wrestling. He noted they’re going to be “starting from scratch and going nWo style.”