Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159605 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #450 on: October 07, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

– Former WWE talent Ed Leslie (Brutus Beefcake) said on the Miami sports talk radio show The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Friday that he’s joining Hulk Hogan in TNA Wrestling. He noted they’re going to be “starting from scratch and going nWo style.”

LMAO !!!!!! The best move Leslie ever made was the faceplant in the beach while parasailing!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »

LMAO !!!!!! The best move Leslie ever made was the faceplant in the beach while parasailing!
and the lip plant on the Hulkster's ass. ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #452 on: October 08, 2010, 05:00:37 AM »
As reported on earlier, TNA held drug testing many weeks ago. Once again, the wrestlers who failed tests were told they failed tests and no disciplinary action or suspensions were given.

What was learned from many within TNA is that people are still doing what they were doing before and there was a cause for concern with some talent as some knew they would fail.

It should be noted that the monitoring of the testing is not at all close to WWE's drug testing structure where someone watches you, your pants have to be below your knees and shirt must be above your nipples to make sure you aren't sneaking in different urine.

On other topics it should be noted that Paul Heyman and TNA negotiations have stopped for now. Apparently the only thing holding that deal up is Heyman wants the right to hire & fire.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #453 on: October 08, 2010, 05:05:43 AM »
I wonder how much interest Heyman actually has in a TNA position.
It seems to me that he may be pretty indifferent, and is “overpricing himself,” so to speak, with conditions like these - conditions that are unlikely to be met, but if they are, would make it worth him accepting.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: October 08, 2010, 05:23:56 AM »
I wonder how much interest Heyman actually has in a TNA position.
It seems to me that he may be pretty indifferent, and is “overpricing himself,” so to speak, with conditions like these - conditions that are unlikely to be met, but if they are, would make it worth him accepting.

I'm pretty sure he wants to be involved but in a shot-calling position. His dismisal from the WWE was because of Stephanie McMahon.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: October 08, 2010, 05:39:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure he wants to be involved but in a shot-calling position. His dismisal from the WWE was because of Stephanie McMahon.

If TNA was smart they would just bring in Heyman and turn him loose.  The guy knows his stuff.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: October 08, 2010, 05:54:58 AM »
Just don't give him the checkbook.

:)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: October 08, 2010, 05:57:20 AM »
Just don't give him the checkbook.

:)

;D   well, if Dixie doesn't want to pay anybody, maybe she should...... 8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2010, 06:58:47 AM »
;D   well, if Dixie doesn't want to pay anybody, maybe she should...... 8)
Heyman would be a phenomenal asset to TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: October 12, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »
Kevin Nash posted the following on his Twitter account:

"Hogan is a beast. To see the cuts on his back and to see his pain tonight tells me that I was right when I saw the Hulkster as a mark and wanted to get in this crazy biz. Mad respect, Terry."

"If you were a fan of mine, please stay true to TNA. My deal went south on money, not respect for the guys I worked with or the production crew that busts their ass every week. I'm not out of wrestling, just don't want to be owned."

"To the boys that I love, I will do everything I can to make you money outside of TNA. Please, guys, remember we're 1099, the world is ours. Goodnight. I have my last Impact tomorrow. I can't express how much you all mean to me. I love you all and thank you."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: October 13, 2010, 07:25:39 AM »
Kevin Nash posted the following on his Twitter account:

"Hogan is a beast. To see the cuts on his back and to see his pain tonight tells me that I was right when I saw the Hulkster as a mark and wanted to get in this crazy biz. Mad respect, Terry."

"If you were a fan of mine, please stay true to TNA. My deal went south on money, not respect for the guys I worked with or the production crew that busts their ass every week. I'm not out of wrestling, just don't want to be owned."

"To the boys that I love, I will do everything I can to make you money outside of TNA. Please, guys, remember we're 1099, the world is ours. Goodnight. I have my last Impact tomorrow. I can't express how much you all mean to me. I love you all and thank you."

Wolfpac in da house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: October 13, 2010, 04:33:32 PM »
Sting is expected to be "gone from TNA" after last night's Impact tapings. Sting is apparently suffering from a shoulder injury so his ring ability has been limited, and furthermore it's being said that he has yet to sign a new deal with TNA. At this time, Sting plans to take some time off and assess his situation with TNA.

credit: The Wrestling Observer

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: October 13, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »
Sting is expected to be "gone from TNA" after last night's Impact tapings. Sting is apparently suffering from a shoulder injury so his ring ability has been limited, and furthermore it's being said that he has yet to sign a new deal with TNA. At this time, Sting plans to take some time off and assess his situation with TNA.

credit: The Wrestling Observer

haha, what is Sink assessing?  It's either them or work for $20 a night in rural Alabama.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: October 13, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
Borden's got to have some money saved up by now.
If he doesn't, there's something wrong.

Maybe he's "assessing" if it's financially worth him staying on for any longer.
I know he tried acting about ten years ago, which went virtually nowhere; and I'm not sure if he's got anything else going on the side.
Once wrestling's done, he may be on a "fixed income," so this may be a pretty big decision for him.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: October 14, 2010, 05:02:53 AM »

I know he tried acting about ten years ago, which went virtually nowhere; and I'm not sure if he's got anything else going on the side.
Once wrestling's done, he may be on a "fixed income," so this may be a pretty big decision for him.

It would be difficult to give up something you love totally.  Seems like he's the type who should just do a few shows a year, TNA would probably work with that.  And it's not like his inring work was ever that good to begin with.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #465 on: October 14, 2010, 05:25:41 AM »
It would be difficult to give up something you love totally. 

Especially when you have no other marketable skills to fall back on.

That said, I can't blame the guy for hanging around as long as Dixie keeps signing checks. With the Fed holding interest rates at 0%, that "Fixed Income" life doesn't work unless you have a ton in the bank.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: October 14, 2010, 05:26:35 AM »

If someone offered me 500,000 to worked 3 days a week, financially secure or not I would JUMP at it.  :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #467 on: October 14, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
I believe last night's TNA show set a new record for least amount of wrestling on a 2 hour show. There couldn't have been more than 15 minutes of actual wrestling.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2010, 05:10:53 AM »
I believe last night's TNA show set a new record for least amount of wrestling on a 2 hour show. There couldn't have been more than 15 minutes of actual wrestling.
WWE is no better with their 15 minute lame promos.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: October 15, 2010, 05:11:54 AM »
TNA Wrestling has signed former WWE talent Katie Lea Burchill to a contract.

The former WWE Diva took part in a tryout match for the company in August, wrestling Madison Rayne.

She was released from WWE in April following a four year run with the organization.

Also in talks with TNA is former WWE talent scout Bruce Pritchard. Pritchard is soley responsible for bringing in several of the WWE's top names over the years.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #470 on: October 15, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »

Bishoff took what used to be a somewhat watchable show and ruined it with his dated 1990s ideas.

Before I bailed, there was a segment in which Hogan and Bishoff take over TNA from Dixie. They also form an alliance with Flair's group as well as Jeff Hardy, the new champ.

It reminded me of the NWO after it jumped the shark and there were like 20 members in the ring.

Of course, the problem with this current incarnation is exactly the same: Who are all these guys gonna wrestle?

If Bishoff has his way, the answer is "no one" because there won't be any actual wrestling on the show.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #471 on: October 15, 2010, 10:08:53 AM »
Bishoff took what used to be a somewhat watchable show and ruined it with his dated 1990s ideas.

Before I bailed, there was a segment in which Hogan and Bishoff take over TNA from Dixie. They also form an alliance with Flair's group as well as Jeff Hardy, the new champ.

It reminded me of the NWO after it jumped the shark and there were like 20 members in the ring.

Of course, the problem with this current incarnation is exactly the same: Who are all these guys gonna wrestle?

If Bishoff has his way, the answer is "no one" because there won't be any actual wrestling on the show.

couldn't agree more. first actual match started  1 hour and fifteen minutes into the show and lasted 2 minutes. that's when i turned it off. will probably watch next weeks show if it's more of the same good bye to watching tna. back to the dvd's.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: October 15, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »
couldn't agree more. first actual match started  1 hour and fifteen minutes into the show and lasted 2 minutes. that's when i turned it off. will probably watch next weeks show if it's more of the same good bye to watching tna. back to the dvd's.
Lol...all I watch now are mostly dvd's.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #473 on: October 16, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »

There must've been a lot of complaint coming into tna offices, as this was a case of false advertising. I was under the impression that I was tuning in to a wrestling show.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: October 16, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »
There is definite fallout from the Atmosphere of Swerves, aka "Working the Talent," that has taken over the TNA locker room recently.

"When Dixie tweeted UNBELIEVABLE tonight, my thought was, EXACTLY!" a long time TNA wrestler told WZ. "The dressing room atmosphere has changed noticeably in the past few weeks. You can see it everywhere. No one trusts anyone anymore. It's all swerves and working the boys. Bischoff and Russo and Hogan tried to recreate the birth of the nWo, but they've recreated the Fall of WCW instead."

The long time wrestler pointed out that tonight's pay per view concluded with Hogan revealing that his back problems are not nearly what he's played them up to be, and that Kurt Angle lost a match that is supposed to see him retire, yet the announcers never even mentioned it after the match.

"You can't blame Tenay and Taz for that," he said, "they were obviously told not to say anything when everything went down with Hulk, Bischoff, Jarrett, and Hardy all turning heel."

"And here's Nash, either working everyone, or really pissed off because they're not giving him the money he wants," the long time wrestler revealed, "and whether it's another swerve or not, JWOWW getting 15 grand just for one appearance, with a mid-card gimmick that sucks, is not going over well with the talent, either."

The TNA wrestler said, "way to reward the guys that are bleeding and risking their lives for the company!"

credit: wrestlezone.com