Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159976 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #550 on: December 11, 2010, 05:47:10 AM »
Wrestlezone.com has learned exclusively that TNA management has told several wrestlers they are keeping a "close eye" on Jeff Hardy following news of Hardy's backstage condition hitting the media on Sunday evening.

"There are several people concerned about Jeff in a very big way," one wrestler told WrestleZone this evening, "TNA has accepted his explanation about being exhausted from all his recent traveling and having a brand new baby at home, but no matter what was wrong with him this past Sunday, he was in bad shape."

More than one wrestler has gone to TNA management to voice their concerns, and TNA management has told several people they are "keeping a close eye" on Hardy, while citing his reported exhaustion as cause for legitimate concern.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #551 on: December 11, 2010, 06:00:53 AM »

Sleep deprivation can make folks behave very strangely and affect judgement and reflexes. If he's on pain killers to keep going and not getting any rest with a new disruptive baby in the house I would accept exhaustion is causing the concerns.

If he is doing drugs, pain killers and not getting any normal sleep levels in the house he needs help.

He has built his wrestling persona on risky moves in the ring. He of all wrestlers needs to be at his best to avoid injuring himself, let alone any one he wrestles with.

Hope he's ok and gets through it. How can they help him though?
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »
The main event from impact was a womens cage match?

Sorry but this sucks big time!

I watched the whole episode of Impact in 25mins, thank god for sky+.  If theres no improvement pretty soon I will not continue watching.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #553 on: December 13, 2010, 02:50:17 PM »
The main event from impact was a womens cage match?

Sorry but this sucks big time!

I watched the whole episode of Impact in 25mins, thank god for sky+.  If theres no improvement pretty soon I will not continue watching.

Did you watch the cage match... I gotta say... Mickey James from the top of the cage was totally unexpected.

Mad props. She even fucked up her leg... Legit I'm sure.

That was ridonkulous for a chick. Probably the baddest bump I've ever seen from a woman in the ring EVER.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #554 on: December 14, 2010, 06:11:20 AM »
I used to go to ECW here in the city. The crowd would just get out of control.
They almost killed John Cena after a reunion match when he wrestled RVD. Its on the Cena DVD. They had to litterally rush him straight out of the building right after his match.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #555 on: December 14, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »
Did you watch the cage match... I gotta say... Mickey James from the top of the cage was totally unexpected.

Mad props. She even fucked up her leg... Legit I'm sure.

That was ridonkulous for a chick. Probably the baddest bump I've ever seen from a woman in the ring EVER.

I agree it was a pretty decent match, better than I expected, but main event material?

No, Im sorry.

We need the old TNA back; mad x div matches, technical wrestling, kurt angle epic battles with AJ and other top stars and plenty of them.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: December 17, 2010, 04:33:10 AM »
The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of TNA president Dixie Carter:

"Best of Mick Foley DVD planned for release in April from TNA Home Video w/ great bonus features from the Hardcore Legend!"

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______________

I'm just thinking out loud here...
How much has Mick done in TNA as compared to Japan, WWF/E, ECW, etc.?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #557 on: December 17, 2010, 04:38:26 AM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that despite rumors and reports that former TNA Knockout Hamada was fired from TNA, she in fact was not.
It's being said that it was Hamada's decision to part ways with TNA, as she did not want to return to the company.
She made her return to Japan back in October, and was said to be more interested in working there.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #558 on: December 17, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »
Examiner.com has provided an update on Jeff Hardy's court appearance yesterday, which continued his ongoing battle against multiple drug charges. The report reveals that the case has been delayed yet again, with Hardy set to return the Moore County Supreme Court on January 20th, 2011. The list of charges read to Hardy at the hearing yesterday were as follows:

-Conspiracy to traffic in Opium
-Trafficking in Opium by possession
-2 counts of possession with intent to distribute
-Felony possession of cocaine
-Felony maintaining a controlled substance in a vehicle/dwelling/place
-Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia

Was wondering.

What kind of punishments do these infringements carry?

Jail time? Fines? A slap on the wrist?

???
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: December 17, 2010, 04:51:54 PM »
Was wondering.

???

I suspect a lot depends on who your attorney is.
It sounds as though Jeff's got a good one.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #560 on: December 18, 2010, 05:00:13 AM »
Was wondering.

???

Anything opium related would carry a hefty punishment I would think...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: December 18, 2010, 05:28:23 AM »
I think it is interesting that TNA made Jeff champion with the possibility of Jail time.....if he gets convicted, what "storyline: will they give as to why Jeff was stripped....

TNA will ALWAYS be a "B" player in the game

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: December 18, 2010, 06:18:02 AM »
I think it is interesting that TNA made Jeff champion with the possibility of Jail time.....if he gets convicted, what "storyline: will they give as to why Jeff was stripped....

TNA will ALWAYS be a "B" player in the game

I see your point, but I suspect there's very little chance that Jeff will do time.

Notwithstanding the above fact, I would hope they have a "plan" to explain it.
Maybe use it as the launchpad for a temporary heel run.
Or, have him apologize profusely upon his return and profess his status as a "changed man" like Vince did with Jake Roberts and Ken Patera.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #563 on: December 23, 2010, 04:23:16 AM »
Jeff Hardy is extremely talented. Only problem is his "care free" attitude makes him a mess.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: December 23, 2010, 05:07:07 AM »
Many people "outgrow" that phase.
It's sad to see those who don't.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: December 23, 2010, 05:17:34 AM »
He's on quite the roll, lately...

Former TNA Wrestling personality and close personal friend of the legendary Hulk Hogan - Bubba The Love Sponge - has officially lost his spot as a radio show host on the SIRIUS-XM Satelitte radio service.

Bubba has been all over Twitter lately posting messages from fans who claim they will be cancelling their subscriptions due to the loss of Bubba as an on-air personality with the subscription-based service.

source: wrestlezone.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: December 23, 2010, 06:48:32 AM »
Many people "outgrow" that phase.
It's sad to see those who don't.
Very sad. Drug addiction at its best.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #567 on: December 24, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
You would think and hope jeff cleans up his act as he and girlfriend just had a child.no doubt a great wrestler and fan fave

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: January 08, 2011, 08:11:38 AM »
PWTorch.com is reporting that there is some backstage heat on referee Jackson James for not revealing to the rest of the roster that he is in fact the Garrett Bischoff, the son of Eric Bischoff.
 It's being said that several backstage names have been giving James the cold shoulder lately as TNA has not addressed James and Bischoff's relationship yet it's been common knowledge on the internet for awhile now.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: January 08, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »
haha If Easy E was my dad, I wouldn't tell anyone either.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #570 on: January 08, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »
haha If Easy E was my dad, I wouldn't tell anyone either.

LOL!!!

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2011, 11:45:36 AM »
Do you think TNA will get another TV deal in the UK now Bravo has gone off the air.....

I think they will struggle due to the downward spiral.....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
Do you think TNA will get another TV deal in the UK now Bravo has gone off the air.....

I think they will struggle due to the downward spiral.....
This is all I could find online...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday 1st January 2011, @skyhd said:

Following the close of the Bravo family of channels on 1 Jan 2011, a range of the most popular programmes – including TNA Wrestling, Spartacus, Chuck, Leverage, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Star Trek, Sun, Sea and A & E, Motorway Patrol, Highway Patrol and Caribbean Cops - will find new homes on other Sky channels.

We are still working through which shows will be reallocated to other channels, and when these will be shown. There are a number of factors to be considered in this, and we appreciate your patience.

We will confirm new timings later in January.

Full details will follow in due course and will be well publicised. All details will also be made available at Sky.com/mytv and you can register now for reminders when programme timings are confirmed.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: January 12, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
Stevie Richards announced this afternoon that he departed TNA, writing on his Twitter:

"Just left Universal Studios. Had a great talk with Terry Taylor and Vince Russo about making the decision to quit TNA Wrestling. Thanks to everyone there for the past 2 years."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #574 on: January 12, 2011, 10:00:08 AM »
Stevie Richards announced this afternoon that he departed TNA, writing on his Twitter:

"Just left Universal Studios. Had a great talk with Terry Taylor and Vince Russo about making the decision to quit TNA Wrestling. Thanks to everyone there for the past 2 years."
How old is he roughly? I know he did a few stints in the original ECW.