Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159987 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #625 on: February 10, 2011, 05:14:50 AM »

Okay.
It wasn't ALL bullshit, then.
Ha ha ha...

Son Monty, "Where are your gold medals?"  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #626 on: February 10, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »
Ha ha ha...

Son Monty, "Where are your gold medals?"  ;D

LOL!!!
 :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: February 11, 2011, 05:31:25 AM »
Want my advise for TNA? Ressurect Angle with Benjeman & Haas and have them form a faction. The three where always good together and are good friends in real life making in ring work easy.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #628 on: February 11, 2011, 05:44:30 AM »
Want my advise for TNA? Ressurect Angle with Benjeman & Haas and have them form a faction. The three where always good together and are good friends in real life making in ring work easy.

x2..... sometimes just the simplest storylines are the best.  They try to contrive stuff too much these days.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: February 11, 2011, 06:37:18 AM »
I'm a total mark for Benjamin/Haas.
They are one of the last, great, TRUE tag-teams.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #630 on: February 11, 2011, 08:13:20 AM »
Caught the end of the TNA show, last night.

In a tag match between Jarrett & Hardy and Angle & Styles, Angle spends the whole match chasing Jarrett around to no avail. Finally AJ catches Jarrett with a flying elbow type move and gets the pin.

With Jarrett lying helpless in the middle of the ring, what does Angle do? Nothing! He and Styles both turn their backs on Jarrett and raise their arms in victory. Jarrett proceeds to get up, hit them in the balls from behind, then lay both of them out with his finisher.

I don't see the point in making your top faces look like complete idiots, but that's TNA.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: February 11, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »
Caught the end of the TNA show, last night.

In a tag match between Jarrett & Hardy and Angle & Styles, Angle spends the whole match chasing Jarrett around to no avail. Finally AJ catches Jarrett with a flying elbow type move and gets the pin.

With Jarrett lying helpless in the middle of the ring, what does Angle do? Nothing! He and Styles both turn their backs on Jarrett and raise their arms in victory. Jarrett proceeds to get up, hit them in the balls from behind, then lay both of them out with his finisher.

I don't see the point in making your top faces look like complete idiots, but that's TNA.
i think the reason for that is because Angle is battling an injury right now. Thus the subtle movement.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #632 on: February 11, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »
i think the reason for that is because Angle is battling an injury right now. Thus the subtle movement.

It was the whole lack of logic. You wanna kill a guy, but, when you finally get your chance, you turn your back and give him a free shot. Even if Angle is hurt, creative should've come up with an ending that didn't make him look like a moron. The purpose of the match was to promote a ppv. Why pay money and chance his doing the same stupid sh!t.?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: February 11, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »
It was the whole lack of logic. You wanna kill a guy, but, when you finally get your chance, you turn your back and give him a free shot. Even if Angle is hurt, creative should've come up with an ending that didn't make him look like a moron. The purpose of the match was to promote a ppv. Why pay money and chance his doing the same stupid sh!t.?

You touch on something, imo, that has been a weak point for "creative" for a long, long time in all feds.  It's as if they don't get the "big blowoff" thing where something builds and builds and then you get the payoff at a main event.  Example in that scenario, even if you have Jarrett job, he needs to get out of the ring asap, have someone do a run-in, etc...  Building TRUE heat takes time, but it also has to be done in a way to get the crowd to just be DYING to see the heel get his comeupance.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: February 11, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »
You touch on something, imo, that has been a weak point for "creative" for a long, long time in all feds.  It's as if they don't get the "big blowoff" thing where something builds and builds and then you get the payoff at a main event.  Example in that scenario, even if you have Jarrett job, he needs to get out of the ring asap, have someone do a run-in, etc...  Building TRUE heat takes time, but it also has to be done in a way to get the crowd to just be DYING to see the heel get his comeupance.....
You notice how WWE is trying to transform Jack Swagger into there version of Kurt Angle?  ;)

Notice how creative told him to use an ankle lock?  ;)

Notice how he wrestles in a signlet.  ;)

Notice the promos that mimic his achievments?  ;)

Pathetic...there is one Kurt Angle.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: February 11, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »
You notice how WWE is trying to transform Jack Swagger into there version of Kurt Angle?  ;)

Notice how creative told him to use an ankle lock?  ;)

Notice how he wrestles in a signlet.  ;)

Notice the promos that mimic his achievments?  ;)

Pathetic...there is one Kurt Angle.

And that is their major problem...start letting these guys be who they are and you will get a star or two to rise to the top....it has proven over and over and over again to be the way to go......very few exceptions to that rule.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: February 11, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
And that is their major problem...start letting these guys be who they are and you will get a star or two to rise to the top....it has proven over and over and over again to be the way to go......very few exceptions to that rule.
It worked for Austin & the Rock.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: February 11, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
It worked for Austin & the Rock.

Think of the best performers in the last 20yrs and almost all of them are that way.....Undertaker being an exception....but only kinda, as i don't think it was a big stretch for him...

Rock, Austin, Michaels, HHH, Flair, Hogan, Arn, Savage in WWF, Hall in nWo, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts,  etc... ALL of these guys when they were on top were basically just being themselves......and that is just off the top of my head....we could name all day long.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: February 11, 2011, 01:14:26 PM »
Think of the best performers in the last 20yrs and almost all of them are that way.....Undertaker being an exception....but only kinda, as i don't think it was a big stretch for him...

Rock, Austin, Michaels, HHH, Flair, Hogan, Arn, Savage in WWF, Hall in nWo, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts,  etc... ALL of these guys when they were on top were basically just being themselves......and that is just off the top of my head....we could name all day long.
Problem is creative tells them what to do. Scott Steiner said that was one of the main reasons he asked for an early contract release. Because he couldn't take it anymore. He said they would tell you how to act, what to say in a promo. You read your promo off a cube card.
In WCW they let him run on his own with the Big Pappa Pump gimmick and it worked. He was way better in WCW then in the WWE.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: February 11, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
Problem is creative tells them what to do. Scott Steiner said that was one of the main reasons he asked for an early contract release. Because he couldn't take it anymore. He said they would tell you how to act, what to say in a promo. You read your promo off a cube card.
In WCW they let him run on his own with the Big Pappa Pump gimmick and it worked. He was way better in WCW then in the WWE.

He is another great example..... Angle, Edge, etc... it goes on and on that when they were allowed to step out, the excelled.  I'm afraid some of these younger guys don't have that confidence that the last generation got from working in other territories and knowing what worked and didn't work.  New guys HAVE to rely on creative because they have no experience to pull from.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: February 11, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »
He is another great example..... Angle, Edge, etc... it goes on and on that when they were allowed to step out, the excelled.  I'm afraid some of these younger guys don't have that confidence that the last generation got from working in other territories and knowing what worked and didn't work.  New guys HAVE to rely on creative because they have no experience to pull from.
And what really makes me laugh is you have good talent like Daniel Bryan and they send him to OVW......are you kidding me??? He wrestles better than 90 percent of the WWE roster. Ricky Steamboat is smart IMO because he not only sent his son around to different schools in North America, he sent him to Japan to train too so when he does debut, he is not soley OVW / WWE born and bread. One style, one dimensional. That's the WWE way now a days. Brutal.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #641 on: February 11, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
And what really makes me laugh is you have good talent like Daniel Bryan and they send him to OVW......are you kidding me??? He wrestles better than 90 percent of the WWE roster. Ricky Steamboat is smart IMO because he not only sent his son around to different schools in North America, he sent him to Japan to train too so when he does debut, he is not soley OVW / WWE born and bread. One style, one dimensional. That's the WWE way now a days. Brutal.

I didn;t know that about Steamboat.....that was a GREAT idea that will pay off for his son in the long run.  I think the WWE really missed the boat on all of those 2nd generation guys, except Orton.  They had ready made feuds, bring in their dads for promos and heat, etc.... and I don't think they utilized it properly.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: February 11, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »
I didn;t know that about Steamboat.....that was a GREAT idea that will pay off for his son in the long run.  I think the WWE really missed the boat on all of those 2nd generation guys, except Orton.  They had ready made feuds, bring in their dads for promos and heat, etc.... and I don't think they utilized it properly.
Apparently Richie Steamboat is being trained by Steamboat himself, Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko. Add the Japan style of training on top of that. Should be good.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: February 11, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »
Apparently Richie Steamboat is being trained by Steamboat himself, Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko. Add the Japan style of training on top of that. Should be good.

LOL!!
Years ago, I looked into training at Dean Malenko's wrestling school in Tampa.
However, I soon learned that Dean actually had very little to do with the school other than having his name attached to it.
His assistant informed me that Dean primarily worked as a road agent for the Fed at the time, but that "qualified" instructors were on hand to train the students.

Steamboat Jr. will do well to study directly under Dean.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #644 on: February 11, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »

LOL!!
Years ago, I looked into training at Dean Malenko's wrestling school in Tampa.
However, I soon learned that Dean actually had very little to do with the school other than having his name attached to it.
His assistant informed me that Dean primarily worked as a road agent for the Fed at the time, but that "qualified" instructors were on hand to train the students.

Steamboat Jr. will do well to study directly under Dean.
I am more interested in seeing how his Japanese training goes. I sure do miss seeing the old school Japanese arm drags delivered by wome of the greats over the years.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: February 11, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »
Steamboat, Arn and Dean.....that is quite a team to train anyone.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: February 14, 2011, 05:39:00 AM »
Against All Odds 2011 Results

1. X-Division Championship Match: Kazarian © defeated Robbie E with his Fade to Black inverted tombstone piledriver. The original match was supposed to be Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E. in a three-way match for the number one contendership to the X-Division championship, but both members of Generation Me were unable to make it to the show due to bad weather.

2. Scott Steiner and Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm and Robert Roode) defeated Immortal (Rob Terry, Gunner, and Murphy) via a top rope Frankensteiner from Scott Steiner. AJ Styles sat in on commentary.

3. Samoa Joe defeated D'Angelo Dinero by submission with a rear naked choke. After the match, Pope begs Joe for a handshake, only to assault him.

4. Last Knockout Standing match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship: Madison Rayne © defeated Mickie James after interference from Tara and a shot to the head with brass knuckles.

- Matt Morgan came to the ring and called out Hernandez, demanding an excuse. Hernandez puts Morgan and "white America" on alert that this is now a Hispanic America, and that Morgan needs to get out of his country. Hernandez then low blows Morgan and leaves him laying with a death valley driver.

5. Rob Van Dam defeated "Cold Blooded" Matt Hardy with the Five Star Frog Splash.

6. Street Fight: Bully Ray defeated Brother Devon. Devon's sons were originally scheduled to be on Devon's team in the match, but Devon forbid them from participating. They came to the ring anyway, which lead to Bully Ray handcuffing Devon to the corner and beating up the sons, kicking one in the face and pinning him to win the match. After the match, Ray made Devon watch as he powerbombed one of his sons through a table.

7. Jeff Jarrett defeated Kurt Angle by reversing an ankle lock reversal into a pinfall. There were tons of false finishes, including a low blow into the Stroke as well as a steel chair shot to the face from Jarrett. Angle made Jarrett tap out to a grapevine ankle lock late in the match, but the referee was distracted by Karen Jarrett and didn't see it. Per the pre-match stipulations, Angle must now give Karen Jarrett away at her wedding on the 3/3 edition of iMPACT! After the match, Angle took off his boots and left them in the ring, a signal that he is done with pro wrestling.

8. Ladder Match for the TNA World Championship: Jeff Hardy defeated Mr. Anderson © to become the new TNA World Champion.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: February 14, 2011, 05:56:01 AM »
oh my...

Wrestling Observer: Nash told friends that he signed the contract (he got a significant pay cut because TNA said they couldn’t afford his old deal), even though he wasn’t happy with the money. He then got the WWE offer, and asked Carter for a release. She said No, and he said that he would go public with things he knows about the company, whatever that would be, so she agreed to give him the release and even let him do the Rumble.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: February 14, 2011, 06:01:27 AM »
oh my...

Wrestling Observer: Nash told friends that he signed the contract (he got a significant pay cut because TNA said they couldn’t afford his old deal), even though he wasn’t happy with the money. He then got the WWE offer, and asked Carter for a release. She said No, and he said that he would go public with things he knows about the company, whatever that would be, so she agreed to give him the release and even let him do the Rumble.

I believe it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: February 14, 2011, 06:09:20 AM »
Mr. Anderson’s reign as TNA World Heavyweight Champion came to an end last night at Against All Odds as he lost the title to Jeff Hardy in a Ladder Match. Anderson obtained the belt from Hardy last month at Genesis.

The TNA World Heavyweight Champion is scheduled to return to court this Wednesday to face a variety of charges relating to his September 2009 arrest on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills and possession of anabolic steroids. A search of his North Carolina residence yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and drug paraphernalia.