Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 158893 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #650 on: February 14, 2011, 06:28:33 AM »
I really don't understand why TNA would put the world title on someone facing all those serious charges......

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #651 on: February 14, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
I really don't understand why TNA would put the world title on someone facing all those serious charges......
He can put on a phenomenal show. That's probably why. Swanton bombs from way above 30 feet high, etc. It's his outside childish behavior that is the problem.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #652 on: February 14, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »
He can put on a phenomenal show. That's probably why. Swanton bombs from way above 30 feet high, etc. It's his outside childish behavior that is the problem.

And thats it.  It's all great and well to maybe keep him on your roster, but everytime he's in court, its going to be mentioned that he is the "TNA champion" etc....  just not at all how I would want my organization to be represented to the public.  Seems very bush league at best.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: February 14, 2011, 07:14:47 AM »
And thats it.  It's all great and well to maybe keep him on your roster, but everytime he's in court, its going to be mentioned that he is the "TNA champion" etc....  just not at all how I would want my organization to be represented to the public.  Seems very bush league at best.
IMO I think h'll get a fine and maybe some community service. The guy was stupid to have done that in the first place,. It hurt his image.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #654 on: February 14, 2011, 07:21:04 AM »
IMO I think h'll get a fine and maybe some community service. The guy was stupid to have done that in the first place,. It hurt his image.

i agree.  Probably not much is going to happen, but what a moron.....and to entrust him carrying your promotions banner is idiotic.  If his decision making process is that screwed up, just think what he is capable of?  He could totally ruin their name and product....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #655 on: February 14, 2011, 07:25:04 AM »
i agree.  Probably not much is going to happen, but what a moron.....and to entrust him carrying your promotions banner is idiotic.  If his decision making process is that screwed up, just think what he is capable of?  He could totally ruin their name and product....
He's a typical druggie. Coke, Haroin, crack, pills, pills and more pills.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #656 on: February 14, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
He's a typical druggie. Coke, Haroin, crack, pills, pills and more pills.

Yep, very likely to be found in some skanks trailer dead of an OD.....and just imagine what that would do to TNA?  they are just idiots for putting him on top to represent the company right now...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #657 on: February 14, 2011, 07:49:57 AM »
Yep, very likely to be found in some skanks trailer dead of an OD.....and just imagine what that would do to TNA?  they are just idiots for putting him on top to represent the company right now...
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he of all people dropped dead.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #658 on: February 17, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »
Amongst TNA Wrestling officials, there has been talk of changing the focus from "big name" veteran stars of yesteryear to the younger performers in the organization.

One source stated that the members of Fortune—AJ Styles, James Storm, Robert Roode and Kazarian—would be among the top babyfaces in the company and that "it would be interesting to see" what happens when the contracts of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair come due. However, the source added that while creative is behind the proposition, plans could easily change.

The source feels that Impact's ratings in the coming weeks will be the deciding factor in whether the company begins focusing on younger talents.

"The key is the ratings," the source stated. "[Dixie Carter] panics when the ratings dip. If it moves two points, she'll panic."

The source explained that if Impact's ratings fall one point as they did last week (from a 1.3 to a 1.2), the company's creative direction stays course. However, the feeling is that Carter tends to overreact when the ratings slide down two points.

http://www.pwtorch.com/

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #659 on: February 17, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »
Why are they giving away Hardy-RVD away on free tv?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #660 on: February 17, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »

It almost seems like they're sacrificing PPV buys to save the TV ratings.
I don't know which is better at this point.
 :-\

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #661 on: February 17, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »

It almost seems like they're sacrificing PPV buys to save the TV ratings.
I don't know which is better at this point.
 :-\
Who is in charge of this sh...oh yeah

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »
Who is in charge of this sh...oh yeah

More important: who okay's it?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #663 on: February 17, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »

More important: who okay's it?
No idea...I've said this before, but I think one problem is that Dixie has no experience in pro wrestling. If Russo, Bischoff or whoever come up to her and say something will be great, well they had success in WCW and WWE so it must be awesome..She seems to be very intelligent and a good businesswoman so maybe I'm wrong.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #664 on: February 17, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »
No idea...I've said this before, but I think one problem is that Dixie has no experience in pro wrestling. If Russo, Bischoff or whoever come up to her and say something will be great, well they had success in WCW and WWE so it must be awesome..She seems to be very intelligent and a good businesswoman so maybe I'm wrong.

Yep.
And, I wrote a few months ago that she needs to pay attention to the ratings.
THAT, ultimately, tells you if things are working.

It sounds as if she's mindful of those numbers, and if that's the case, I think she's got at least one foot in the right direction.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2011, 05:12:33 AM »
To attract more viewers maybe?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:21 AM »
if anyone watched last night hernadez the big mexican dude really screwed up on the border toss to doug williams, it looked like he landed on his head.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »
To attract more viewers maybe?

LOL!!!
Smart-ass!
 ;D ;D

The point Mass & I were considering was that the match was maybe too good for TV and should've been reserved for a PPV.
But, conversely, you can't save ALL of your good matches for PPV's because TV spots are extremely important, too; what with advertising, sponsorships, general marketing, etc.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »

LOL!!!
Smart-ass!
 ;D ;D

The point Mass & I were considering was that the match was maybe too good for TV and should've been reserved for a PPV.
But, conversely, you can't save ALL of your good matches for PPV's because TV spots are extremely important, too; what with advertising, sponsorships, general marketing, etc.

Actually Monty I was being serious. Maybe TNA is using Jeff Hardy & RVD knowing they can put on a great match just to sway viewers.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
Actually Monty I was being serious. Maybe TNA is using Jeff Hardy & RVD knowing they can put on a great match just to sway viewers.

I know.
I just literally laughed out loud at the bluntness of the response.
That was good!
 ;)

If TNA develops their newer guys more than WWE is developing theirs, they won't have to "save" good matches/angles for special events.
The only negative I can see in the Fed bringing back guys like Rock & Austin (in whatever capacity) is that it makes me wonder if they're giving up on the current young guys - to a degree.
More than likely - and I would hope - it's to buy them some time to work more with the less-experienced talent, and even providing them with some guidance from the guys who've been to the top.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »

I know.
I just literally laughed out loud at the bluntness of the response.
That was good!
 ;)

If TNA develops their newer guys more than WWE is developing theirs, they won't have to "save" good matches/angles for special events.
The only negative I can see in the Fed bringing back guys like Rock & Austin (in whatever capacity) is that it makes me wonder if they're giving up on the current young guys - to a degree.
More than likely - and I would hope - it's to buy them some time to work more with the less-experienced talent, and even providing them with some guidance from the guys who've been to the top.
I think its more that the new guys simply don't have what it takes. Like youmentioned before, when Rock cut his promo, I sure hope the entire locker room was watching very closely.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »
TNA really has a nice window to succeed.  No need to try to do everything at once, just focus on the younger guys and as the stars in WWE retire, they can hope to capture some of the fans.  That is really the only way I see them being able to "compete" with the WWE.

On a side note, I ranted about the stupid ring they started with and thankfully they no longer have it.... not sure they would be willing to do it, but the next step should be to change the freakin name....TNA.....yeah, really classy and what casual parents want their kids tuning into.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2011, 12:08:43 PM »
TNA really has a nice window to succeed.  No need to try to do everything at once, just focus on the younger guys and as the stars in WWE retire, they can hope to capture some of the fans.  That is really the only way I see them being able to "compete" with the WWE.

On a side note, I ranted about the stupid ring they started with and thankfully they no longer have it.... not sure they would be willing to do it, but the next step should be to change the freakin name....TNA.....yeah, really classy and what casual parents want their kids tuning into.

Well, It's Total Nonstop Action... If people want to associate "TNA" with some kind of sexual innuendo, that's not their fault.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: February 18, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
Well, It's Total Nonstop Action... If people want to associate "TNA" with some kind of sexual innuendo, that's not their fault.

;D  Yeah, when the general population hears someone say "did you watch TNA last night?", the first thing they think of is "total nonstop action...."

It was bad marketing to begin with, but I'm not sure they would be willing to do anything about it now.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »

TNA has had plenty of time to climb through that window and has continuallly failed to do so, as evidenced by its stagnant ratings. The reality is that their product has gotten progressively worse. It's 2011 and they're still pushing Jeff Jarrett as a top heel!

At this point, I'd be perfectly happy to see TNA go belly up and have another company, one without Bischoff and Russo, step up and be the alternative to WWE.