Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 158922 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #675 on: February 18, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
TNA has had plenty of time to climb through that window and has continuallly failed to do so, as evidenced by its stagnant ratings. The reality is that their product has gotten progressively worse. It's 2011 and they're still pushing Jeff Jarrett as a top heel!

At this point, I'd be perfectly happy to see TNA go belly up and have another company, one without Bischoff and Russo, step up and be the alternative to WWE.

I wouldn't mind that at all.  And I agree, they have not taken the opportunity that they had up until now. And if bringing back Rock is any indication, it seems VKM is going to start making some changes.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #676 on: February 18, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
I wouldn't mind that at all.  And I agree, they have not taken the opportunity that they had up until now. And if bringing back Rock is any indication, it seems VKM is going to start making some changes.

TNA should have attacked WWE while they were down.
They really missed the boat, there.
I do suspect the returns of the Rock & Austin are a catalyst for a major product overhaul.

If Dixie could not capitalize on Vince's weakest spell, it'll be 1,000x tougher to beat the Fed on its upswing.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #677 on: February 18, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »

TNA should have attacked WWE while they were down.
They really missed the boat, there.
I do suspect the returns of the Rock & Austin are a catalyst for a major product overhaul.

If Dixie could not capitalize on Vince's weakest spell, it'll be 1,000x tougher to beat the Fed on its upswing.

A 2 month spurt where the Rock and austin do something with the WWE is not an "upswing".

Let's be real here... Dixie's product isn't awesome, but it's better than Vince's as a whole right now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #678 on: February 18, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »
A 2 month spurt where the Rock and austin do something with the WWE is not an "upswing".

Let's be real here... Dixie's product isn't awesome, but it's better than Vince's as a whole right now.

I'm referring to the potential upswing we may see, assuming this marks the groundplans for such a change.

TNA should have pounced the Fed during its shit-spell.
But, they couldn't even compete with WWE head-to-head on Monday nights.
Even with lousy programming, Vince chased TNA right back to Thursday's.

If Vince starts gaining momentum, TNA's competitive chances look even weaker.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #679 on: February 19, 2011, 07:06:46 PM »
To attract more viewers maybe?

Rating:
1.13, the lowest of 2011

-- Peak rating: 1.21 rating in Q3 (Joe-Pope segment, X Division match)

-- Low point: 1.05 rating in Q7 (video packages and vignettes)

-- Opening Segment: 1.17 rating in Q1

-- Main Event TNA Title match: 1.10 rating in Q8

-- Knockouts match: 1.15 rating in Q6 (Beautiful People vs. Sarita & Rosita)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #680 on: February 26, 2011, 07:57:08 AM »
TMZ.com is reporting that Angelina Pivarnick, the former cast member of MTV's "Jersey Shore" who debuted with TNA at last night's Impact taping, had a "cocktail" before her match with Robbie E and Cookie. The story notes, "Angelina from "Jersey Shore" was SO terrified of getting her ass whooped during her wrestling debut yesterday -- she tells TMZ, she downed a cocktail and popped an energy pill before getting in the ring."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: February 26, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
According to Diva-Fiva.com, TNA Knockout Madison Rayne recently got married.
The TNA Grappler has changed her name to Ashley Simmons-Cabot.

In other news...

Velvet Sky is still saving herself for me!!
 8)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2011, 05:00:41 PM »
The following is a new message from the official Facebook account of Shark Boy:

"I have officially requested and been granted my release from TNA Wrestling. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at TNA for giving me the opportunity to perform in front of their audience since the very early days of the company. Thanks especially to the great TNA fans who have given me their support throughout the past eight years... Now on to the next chapter!"

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14:13 PM »
why? the fake stone cold gimmick wasnt working?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #684 on: March 03, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »

I'm referring to the potential upswing we may see, assuming this marks the groundplans for such a change.

TNA should have pounced the Fed during its shit-spell.
But, they couldn't even compete with WWE head-to-head on Monday nights.
Even with lousy programming, Vince chased TNA right back to Thursday's.

If Vince starts gaining momentum, TNA's competitive chances look even weaker.

No way TNA does better than Vince while on spike TV.

The only worse station to be stuck on is Versus.

:)

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
« Reply #685 on: March 04, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »
This is sherman tank

After listening to this guy talk he said he had a tryout with TNA wrestling.
Watch this clip this guy stinks badly.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #686 on: March 15, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »
Daffney announced today via Twitter that she has filed a workman's compensation claim against TNA, stemming from issues following her concussion.

In asking around, I was told by a few workers that there were issues between Daffney and the company over how her medical expenses were being covered after she suffered a really bad concussion taking a bump through a barbed wire board, which is why she hasn't been used of late by the company. This issue had been brewing for some time.

In her statement, Daffney noted that her TNA deal officially expires today. TNA removed her from the company roster on their website yesterday. She also noted that she was instructed by her lawyer not to say anything additional.

When reached today, TNA's Steven Godfrey stated that the company does not comment publicly on personnel matters.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #687 on: March 15, 2011, 12:11:25 PM »
TMZ.com is reporting that Angelina Pivarnick, the former cast member of MTV's "Jersey Shore" who debuted with TNA at last night's Impact taping, had a "cocktail" before her match with Robbie E and Cookie. The story notes, "Angelina from "Jersey Shore" was SO terrified of getting her ass whooped during her wrestling debut yesterday -- she tells TMZ, she downed a cocktail and popped an energy pill before getting in the ring."

Wow.....wow.....what is the world wrestling business coming to?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #688 on: March 15, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
Wow.....wow.....what is the world wrestling business coming to?

Even Jake was shaking his head at this one!
 :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #689 on: March 15, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »

Even Jake was shaking his head at this one!
 :D
Whilst chopping rails

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #690 on: March 15, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
Whilst chopping rails

...and muttering to himself, "Kids these days..."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #691 on: March 15, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »

...and muttering to himself, "Kids these days..."

His tolerance to drugs and alcohol is amazing. If anyone should have dropped dead in that long list of deaths, he should have been on it by rule of thumb.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: March 15, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »
His tolerance to drugs and alcohol is amazing. If anyone should have dropped dead in that long list of deaths, he should have been on it by rule of thumb.

Forget Hogan.
WWF should have dubbed Jake "The Immortal!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: March 16, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »

Forget Hogan.
WWF should have dubbed Jake "The Immortal!"
Road Warrior Animal said that when he roomed with Jake and Road Warrior Hawk back in the early eighties when they were with GCW, he said he never seen more marajuana, Jack Daniels and cocaine in his life. 2 months was all he could take and he had to leave and get his own room.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: March 16, 2011, 05:05:20 AM »
Road Warrior Animal said that when he roomed with Jake and Road Warrior Hawk back in the early eighties when they were with GCW, he said he never seen more marajuana, Jack Daniels and cocaine in his life. 2 months was all he could take and he had to leave and get his own room.

I'm looking forward to Animal's book.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: March 16, 2011, 05:07:08 AM »
In what would otherwise have been a minor spoiler, Hulk Hogan made a "tsunami" reference at last night's TNA Impact tapings, and he has since apologized for the remark by posting the following on Twitter:

"It will never air. It's already cut out, but when you're cutting promos old school and not following a script like other robots with no skills, sometimes you make mistakes. I'm sorry, I was on a roll and made a mistake. Nothing but love and total respect for Japan, but you guys already know that. I totally apologize."

You can read more at Twitter.com/HulkHogan4Real

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #696 on: March 16, 2011, 06:08:39 AM »
In what would otherwise have been a minor spoiler, Hulk Hogan made a "tsunami" reference at last night's TNA Impact tapings, and he has since apologized for the remark by posting the following on Twitter:

"It will never air. It's already cut out, but when you're cutting promos old school and not following a script like other robots with no skills, sometimes you make mistakes. I'm sorry, I was on a roll and made a mistake. Nothing but love and total respect for Japan, but you guys already know that. I totally apologize."

You can read more at Twitter.com/HulkHogan4Real

Ranks right up there with teh "O.J." remark during his divorce. In the end, he meant nothing by it but of course he'll get critisized for it. Never mind the hundreds and thousands of hours of charity work and hospitals of sick children that he's visited.  ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: March 16, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
TMZ.com reported that Angelina Pivarnick had some harsh words to say about Snooki's appearance on WWE Raw this past Monday night.
Pivarnick told TMZ that Snooki is "a fat troll who should never wear those shorts ... or be in a wrestling ring."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: March 16, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »
TMZ.com reported that Angelina Pivarnick had some harsh words to say about Snooki's appearance on WWE Raw this past Monday night.
Pivarnick told TMZ that Snooki is "a fat troll who should never wear those shorts ... or be in a wrestling ring."
who?

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #699 on: March 17, 2011, 12:19:10 AM »
Jeff Hardy was found passed out in a bathroom before his match with Sting.  He's going to be facing his charges in NC and his lawyer has said he will be pleading guilty to some of the charges.  WHAT A "CHARLIE SHEEN" TRAIN WRECK!!!!!!!!!