Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159677 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #775 on: April 29, 2011, 05:16:11 PM »
Wow.  What a bad way to go.  Not that there is a good way,  but some are better I suppose.

I just talked to Stoppa.  He said he hoped to be around sometime soon.

Show is good people.

Yes, Candido's death was most unfortunate as it was, but what made it seem even worse was that he & Sunny had really turned their lives around.
I'm not sure how true all the stories/rumors were regarding their drug use, but by the time I met them around 2004, they appeared to be nice, docile people.
They also seemed rather subdued and humbled, but they'd apparently cleaned up their act.

Chris was clean and in the middle of a pretty good comeback.
And, then...all that momentum...gone.
I'd only met him a handful of times, but I was bummed out to learn the news.
I was told Bam-Bam and Shane Douglas took it pretty hard, but supposedly, Balls Mahoney was absolutely CRUSHED.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #776 on: May 01, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »

IIRC, he'd had surgery on his ankle.
Afterwards, a clot formed and embolized.
It may have turned into a pulmonary embolism; I can't remember, but PE is the most common complication of lower extremity thrombus.

pe's  are rough i had one several years ago, i guess i was lucky.
F

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #777 on: May 01, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »
Consider the source ;D

The Honky Tonk Man claimed on his weekly podcast on Monday (audio available at www.htmradio.com) that Karen Jarrett (formerly Angle) is the alleged victim of a sexual harassment lawsuit against TNA Wrestling.

The former WWE Intercontinental Champion says Karen was sexually harassed by TNA Wrestling president Dixie Carter's husband Serge Salinas.

He says a settlement was reached and that "part of the deal" involved Karen being given her job back with TNA Wrestling. He claims Carter was removed from television earlier this year due to the lawsuit.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #778 on: May 01, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »
pe's  are rough i had one several years ago, i guess i was lucky.

Wow!
Were you already in the hospital when it occurred?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #779 on: May 01, 2011, 04:26:36 PM »
PWInsider-
 TNA has filed for a trademark on the term "Impact Wrestling." The plan is to start to promote that term more actively in synergy with the TV show, while downplaying the TNA name. There has been a lot of talk about changing how the company markets itself.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________-

Maybe they did hire Heyman?

gerweck.net-

We have learned that some TNA employees are not being paid in the full amounts promised by the company, as they are receiving partial payments and/or delays in receiving paychecks. The reason given has been that their book keeper is presently battling cancer and is frequently out of the office. A few months ago, the company hired a new person to assist in this matter, but the issues remained intact.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #780 on: May 02, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »
i just hope tna stays around,and grows stronger,we need the alternative to the wwe.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #781 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:28 PM »
i just hope tna stays around,and grows stronger,we need the alternative to the wwe.

Vince's wreslting product needs DIRECT competition.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #782 on: May 03, 2011, 08:41:15 AM »
Consider the source ;D

The Honky Tonk Man claimed on his weekly podcast on Monday (audio available at www.htmradio.com) that Karen Jarrett (formerly Angle) is the alleged victim of a sexual harassment lawsuit against TNA Wrestling.

The former WWE Intercontinental Champion says Karen was sexually harassed by TNA Wrestling president Dixie Carter's husband Serge Salinas.

He says a settlement was reached and that "part of the deal" involved Karen being given her job back with TNA Wrestling. He claims Carter was removed from television earlier this year due to the lawsuit.
Sounds like something for Jerry Springer.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #783 on: May 04, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
SPOILER: BIG FORMER WWF NAME DEBUTING FOR TNA TONIGHT
by Mike Johnson @ 6:25 PM on 5/3/2011

Joanie "Chyna" Laurer is backstage at the TNA Impact taping and will debut in the role of Kurt Angle's mistress. Yes, Chyna. So, we will be getting a reprisal of the Jeff Jarrett-Chyna rivalry from the WWF back when they feuded over the Intercontinental championship.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: May 04, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »
SPOILER: BIG FORMER WWF NAME DEBUTING FOR TNA TONIGHT
by Mike Johnson @ 6:25 PM on 5/3/2011

She is the reason why Jarrett left the WWE and banged Vince McMahon out of 250,000 in the process because he felt that he shouldn't have to wrestle a woman despite her size.

Joanie "Chyna" Laurer is backstage at the TNA Impact taping and will debut in the role of Kurt Angle's mistress. Yes, Chyna. So, we will be getting a reprisal of the Jeff Jarrett-Chyna rivalry from the WWF back when they feuded over the Intercontinental championship.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: May 04, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »
From the Twitter account of Hulk Hogan, @HulkHogan4real, Hulk Bollea tweeted, "No TNA. only IMPACT. HH"

TNA's name change takes effect on the Impact episode that airs on 5/12.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #786 on: May 05, 2011, 04:27:49 AM »
From the Twitter account of Hulk Hogan, @HulkHogan4real, Hulk Bollea tweeted, "No TNA. only IMPACT. HH"

TNA's name change takes effect on the Impact episode that airs on 5/12.

So now its gonna be called "Impact Wrestling" ?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: May 05, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »
As most of you know by now, former WWE Diva Joanie “Chyna” Laurer debuted at last night’s TNA iMPACT! tapings. She was revealed as Kurt Angle’s mistress. She’ll be teaming with Kurt Angle at Sacrifice to face Jeff and Karen Jarrett.

It should be noted that Chyna received a huge pop and looked thinner, in shape and healthy. Her entrance video features the word “Chyna” so they will be using that name.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #788 on: May 05, 2011, 06:42:52 AM »
I would like to see some pics of her.  Last I saw, she looked like she had not exactly been beating up the weights.

How can she be this big bad mistress without muscles?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: May 05, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
Her entrance video features the word “Chyna” so they will be using that name.

Hmm...I didn't realize she owned that name.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #790 on: May 05, 2011, 07:00:24 AM »

Hmm...I didn't realize she owned that name.

That really surprises me as well.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: May 05, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »
 -- Kurt Angle won a gold medal for the United States before going into professional wrestling. Fifteen years later, and now in his 40s, he wants to go back to the Olympics.

"It's not just this old man trying to lash out to get publicity," Angle told WTAE Channel 4 Action News on Friday. "It's about really making the team and making a point that, you know what, the 40s is not old. It's the new young."

Angle said he and his nephew, Mark, 34, have discussed the idea of making a run at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Both were All-American wrestlers at Clarion University.

"I feel really good at 42, and I might be making a statement that him and I are going to start training for the Olympics and go after the U.S. Open, the Olympic team trials, and then the Olympics," Angle said.

He also said he plans to sign a multiyear contract with TNA Wrestling and work a part-time schedule in the ring so he can continue making movies, like "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night", which opens Friday in theaters. Meanwhile, he's pushing a line of nutritional meals called Angle Foods.

"Everyone asks me, 'How can you do all of these things?' And I always tell them I'll rest when I die," Angle said. "I don't rest very much. I like to do things, I like to accomplish things, and I have a passion for everything that I do, including pro wrestling, and I miss the Olympic wrestling."

When he was working for World Wrestling Entertainment in 2002, Angle told WTAE that the company had given him permission to pursue a spot in the 2004 Athens Olympics, but that never came to be.

Angle acknowledged that landing another film role could affect his training this time around, because he wants to focus on movies and his family.

"But if we're going to make this (Olympic) commitment, we're going to do it, and it starts in August," he said.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: May 05, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »
pwinsider:

Stevie Richards has had the distinction of wrestling in every major wrestling company. WWE, WCW, TNA, and ECW have all been home to Richards and he's created memories wherever he's worked. His most recent run with TNA as Dr. Stevie just came to an end recently. Richards, who left with no hard feelings but rather decided to depart for business reasons, tells James Guttman on ClubWWI.com about that decision. Initially, he was excited about working as a new character and the opportunities it presented.

"Here's Dr. Stevie with the promise of, 'If you work hard, get over, you establish yourself, and mesh into the locker room, then you'll be rewarded. We'll renegotiate your deal and all this stuff will happen.' Then (TNA) turned around and says, 'Oh. You're lucky to be getting what you're getting.' Then (they have me) never come to work, never get booked, sat at home, and it's all these things. Like I said, it comes right down to it being a business decision."

When the final day of his TNA run came about, Richards made sure to leave respectfully. He showed up in person to inform the office about his departure.

"I walked in on January 11th and a lot of people don't do this. They wait for that call in wrestling - whether it's to wait for that call to get a job or to wait for that call to lose a job. What I did was, I prayed about it, I thought about it, and I said to myself, 'You know what? Today I'm going to make something happen. I'm going to control my destiny rather than waiting for something to happen.' So I went in that day and I told (the office). Terry Taylor wasn't shocked because I talk to him all the time. But everybody else seemed shocked. And I said, 'Well, you guys booked me and then you sent me home for five months.' We don't get paid if we don’t work, at the level I was at. So what am I supposed to do? In reality, with a business or a job, you don't go into Best Buy and they say, 'We don't have anything for you' every single day for five months. What are you gonna do? You find another job, right?"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #793 on: May 05, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
-- Kurt Angle won a gold medal for the United States before going into professional wrestling. Fifteen years later, and now in his 40s, he wants to go back to the Olympics.

"It's not just this old man trying to lash out to get publicity," Angle told WTAE Channel 4 Action News on Friday. "It's about really making the team and making a point that, you know what, the 40s is not old. It's the new young."

Angle said he and his nephew, Mark, 34, have discussed the idea of making a run at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Both were All-American wrestlers at Clarion University.

"I feel really good at 42, and I might be making a statement that him and I are going to start training for the Olympics and go after the U.S. Open, the Olympic team trials, and then the Olympics," Angle said.

He also said he plans to sign a multiyear contract with TNA Wrestling and work a part-time schedule in the ring so he can continue making movies, like "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night", which opens Friday in theaters. Meanwhile, he's pushing a line of nutritional meals called Angle Foods.

"Everyone asks me, 'How can you do all of these things?' And I always tell them I'll rest when I die," Angle said. "I don't rest very much. I like to do things, I like to accomplish things, and I have a passion for everything that I do, including pro wrestling, and I miss the Olympic wrestling."

When he was working for World Wrestling Entertainment in 2002, Angle told WTAE that the company had given him permission to pursue a spot in the 2004 Athens Olympics, but that never came to be.

Angle acknowledged that landing another film role could affect his training this time around, because he wants to focus on movies and his family.

"But if we're going to make this (Olympic) commitment, we're going to do it, and it starts in August," he said.

I HOPE HE FUKKIN' DOES IT!!!

I'll totally mark out.
If he makes it to the team AND WINS MEDAL, his value in every industry he's involved in will skyrocket!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #794 on: May 07, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
F4WOnline.com

“Wildcat” Chris Harris returned to TNA Impact at the tapings this past Tuesday night, to air next week.

Word from TNA is that Harris will be re-forming America’s Most Wanted with former partner James Storm at some point. People in TNA are shocked that they would consider breaking up the highly successful team of Beer Money, but the longterm plan is for Robert Roode to have a singles run.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: May 08, 2011, 05:47:02 PM »
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Ric Flair's reported shoulder and injury rotator cuff tear is at the top of the shoulder. The front and back are fine and he is able to lift light weights without much pain.

The wrestling legend wasn't hurt following an unforgiving Lethal Lockdown Match last month at TNA Lockdown. Also note, he is putting surgery off because he doesn't want to undergo six months of rehabilitation.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #796 on: May 08, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
F4WOnline.com

“Wildcat” Chris Harris returned to TNA Impact at the tapings this past Tuesday night, to air next week.

Word from TNA is that Harris will be re-forming America’s Most Wanted with former partner James Storm at some point. People in TNA are shocked that they would consider breaking up the highly successful team of Beer Money, but the longterm plan is for Robert Roode to have a singles run.

IMO, they should give James Storm a singles run. His in-ring is pretty good and he has a much better personality than Roode. I  believe that Storm is a beer drinking, fun lovin' redneck. Not for a second do I buy that Roode is a Wall St. mover and shaker.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #797 on: May 09, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »
IMO, they should give James Storm a singles run. His in-ring is pretty good and he has a much better personality than Roode. I  believe that Storm is a beer drinking, fun lovin' redneck. Not for a second do I buy that Roode is a Wall St. mover and shaker.
Roode is the better of the two I think for a singles run... The wall street gimmick is shit though.

He should have been the "flair" of  TNA.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #798 on: May 09, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
F4WOnline.com

I hope he's in shape because last time i saw him he was about 300 plus lbs and fat as shit!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #799 on: May 11, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »
According to the The Observer, Sting-Hogan is the scheduled plan for Bound For Glory.

oh lawd.