Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 158923 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #825 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »
Several readers have sent in word that TNA is advertising, with large billboards, the launch of its "Impact Wrestling" re-branding campaign in scattered areas throughout the Stamford, CT area. For those unaware, Stamford, CT is the location of WWE Headquarters, so the placing of TNA ads in the area has prompted suggestion of a "war" between WWE and TNA.

It's worth noting that several of the ads have been reportedly placed in areas of Stamford that are non-residential, but would easily be seen by members of WWE top brass, including Vince McMahon, during their daily commute to the headquarters. It's also being said that a large billboard has been [strategically?] placed across the street from a WWE TV facility.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #826 on: May 16, 2011, 08:13:39 PM »
The following press release has been issued:

SPIKE TV AND TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION (TNA) WRESTLING RELAUNCH FLAGSHIP PROGRAM AS 'IMPACT WRESTLING'

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling and Spike TV announced today that TNA's flagship program would be rebranded as IMPACT WRESTLING, beginning Thursday, May 19 at 9 p.m. (ET/PT) on SPIKE.

With the debut of "TNA iMPACT!" in 2005, TNA and SPIKE have partnered to bring U.S. television audiences the most exciting professional wrestling in the world today. TNA iMPACT! has been averaging 1.8 million viewers this year and ranks among the top programs on cable with Men 18-34 and Men 18-49 in its timeslot. In 2011, TNA is up 11% in HH rating vs.Q1 2010 and 9% in viewership of persons 2+.

"While the name change is subtle, it is also very powerful. TNA is proud to be in the wrestling business, and not afraid to say it. And, to emphasize our commitment we have added the word 'wrestling' to our already well-known 'iMPACT!' brand," said TNA chief marketing officer Al Ovadia.

In addition to rebranding IMPACT WRESTLING, TNA is launching the tagline, "WRESTLING MATTERS," a statement that reflects every aspect of TNA Wrestling, from program content to marketing to live events.

"We wanted a branding initiative that was scalable and could extend across all platforms," added Ovadia. "We asked our fans what it was about professional wrestling that they found most compelling. We learned it was no single aspect, their passion for wrestling was all-consuming. Whether it's the in-ring action, backstage brawls, the feuds or classic dramatic conflict of good vs. evil, it's the entire experience that makes 'wrestling matter.'"

"TNA is a proven ratings winner on Thursday nights for Spike, delivering a consistently large audience of hard-to-reach young men," said Brian J. Diamond, senior vice president, sports and specials, Spike TV. "We feel the new IMPACT WRESTLING branding message will resonate with our audience who crave the action-packed wrestling that only TNA can provide."

Effective immediately fans can visit www.IMPACTWRESTLING.com for exclusive news and content on the stars of IMPACT WRESTLING. Fans can also access over 300 hours of TNA programming at www.TNAOnDemand.com.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #827 on: May 16, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »
It's being reported that TNA and Scott Steiner seem to be at a stand still at this point, due to financial disagreements between both parties. Tonight, is the first post-Sacrifice Impact Wrestling taping, and it has not been confirmed whether or not Steiner and TNA officials have reached an agreement.

credit: The Wrestling Observer

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #828 on: May 18, 2011, 12:15:21 PM »
Hogans new "Imortal" tattoo, at his age this is embarrassing...........

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #829 on: May 18, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »
Hogans new "Imortal" tattoo, at his age this is embarrassing...........

hogan has more loose skin than a sharpei puppy.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #830 on: May 18, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »
hogan=sharpei
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #831 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:38 PM »
He's close to 60 yrs of age. Remember that.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #832 on: May 18, 2011, 02:04:02 PM »
He's close to 60 yrs of age. Remember that.
i know i'm just quoting scott steiner when talking about ric flair in one of his insane rants.
F

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #833 on: May 18, 2011, 02:33:05 PM »
Wasn't she a stripper?

LOL, most girls in wrestling were ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #834 on: May 18, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »

Truth.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #835 on: May 19, 2011, 10:37:27 AM »

lol....back in 1997 when they had a card here in Toronto (a house show at Skydome before the ACC was even built) me and a couple of buddies hit the Million Dollar Saloon after the card. Who was there? HBK had a midgit stripper in his lap all night. HHH was there at the same table. Sid Vicious was there and he was drunk as a skunk. He wobbled his way to the washroom and he litterally took up to piss pots for how big he was. Insane.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #836 on: May 20, 2011, 06:46:28 PM »
PWTorch has learned that Terry Taylor was fired from his duties as head of TNA's talent relations on Friday.

In a company-wide statement, TNA announced that Dean Broadhead will oversee the contractual end of talent relations. Former WWE executive Bruce Prichard will handle Taylor's other duties.

Taylor had been with the company with 2003 in a management role and served as head of talent relations for the majority of TNA's existence.

According to sources in TNA, Prichard is not well-liked by wrestlers in the company. Prichard joined TNA in an agent/producer role last year after spending two decades in WWE working closely with Vince McMahon. His shift to talent relations is closer to his role in WWE.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: May 20, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »
PWTorch has learned that Terry Taylor was fired from his duties as head of TNA's talent relations on Friday.

In a company-wide statement, TNA announced that Dean Broadhead will oversee the contractual end of talent relations. Former WWE executive Bruce Prichard will handle Taylor's other duties.

Taylor had been with the company with 2003 in a management role and served as head of talent relations for the majority of TNA's existence.

According to sources in TNA, Prichard is not well-liked by wrestlers in the company. Prichard joined TNA in an agent/producer role last year after spending two decades in WWE working closely with Vince McMahon. His shift to talent relations is closer to his role in WWE.

Well, at least now The Red Rooster can be inducted into the Fed's HOF.

Or...

Finally...THE COCK... HAS COME BACK... TO THE WWE!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: May 22, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Scott Steiner has apparently resolved his financial dispute with TNA Wrestling as he appeared at last night's iMPACT! Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida.

After building up a match between Matt Morgan and Scott Steiner for TNA Sacrifice, company officials stopped pushing it just prior to the event since "Big Poppa Pump" accepted a booking for an independent show in Port Colborne, Ontario on the same night.

He was also scheduled to participate in a TNA vs. AAA match at TripleManía XIX (Mr. Anderson and Scott Steiner vs. Jack Evans and Extreme Tiger), which takes place on Saturday, June 18 at Palacio de los Deportes in Mexico City. However, his issues with TNA may prevent the booking from being finalized. AJ Styles has been discussed for the role in case Steiner is unable to compete.
Finally...THE COCK... HAS COME BACK... TO THE WWE!!!
excellent ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #839 on: May 22, 2011, 01:37:53 PM »
It is pretty stupid. But it's kinda bas a$$ as well. Whats the tat on his arm of? I don't watch TNA at all. Is he Hollywood Hogan there or The Immortal One?

He's "Hulk," brother.
He owns the name, now.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #840 on: May 22, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
It is pretty stupid. But it's kinda bas a$$ as well. Whats the tat on his arm of? I don't watch TNA at all. Is he Hollywood Hogan there or The Immortal One?

I believe he is the Immortal Hulk Hogan... Which is kinda' sad... being immortal would imply that he doesn't have to deal with those nasty hip problems he has.

He really needs to stay out of the ring.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #841 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:04 PM »
Prowrestling.NET

TNA star Mick Foley engaged in a humorous Twitter exchange with The Rock regarding their "I Quit" match. "In the famous 'I Quit' match, I handcuffed Mick Foley and bashed his face 14 (times) with a steel chair," Rock wrote. "He bled. I won."

Foley wrote the following in response to The Rock: "Maybe so, but two days later, I trapped The Rock under a pallet of beer kegs to win the WWE strap in an Empty Arena match a/k/a TNA house show."
I know he was just joking around, but why does TNA allow their talent to take shots at the company?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #842 on: May 23, 2011, 01:38:38 PM »

He's "Hulk," brother.
He owns the name, now.

Actually, Marvel still owns it to the best of my knowledge...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #843 on: May 23, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »
Actually, Marvel still owns it to the best of my knowledge...

Yeah, that could really go either way.
I've read conflicting accounts regarding ownership, although, the most recent claim I came across was that Hogan now owns the "Hulk" name in association only with his "Hulk Hogan" character.

Regardless, you can't believe everything you read. ;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #844 on: May 23, 2011, 07:07:18 PM »
PW Insider=

At last night's taping, TNA started a tournament for the first-ever Xplosion championship with the idea that the champion would be able to challenge any champion on Impact.
What?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: May 24, 2011, 05:18:59 AM »
PW Insider=

At last night's taping, TNA started a tournament for the first-ever Xplosion championship with the idea that the champion would be able to challenge any champion on Impact.
What?
An "Xplosion" championship??? WTF???

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: May 24, 2011, 05:29:24 AM »
An "Xplosion" championship??? WTF???

Hmm...
I wouldn't mind having an "Xplosion" match with Velv...

...never mind.
It'd be over faster than a Mike Tyson fight.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #847 on: May 24, 2011, 05:51:22 AM »
The only decent thing about TNA right now is Chyna's theme

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #848 on: May 24, 2011, 05:57:16 AM »

Hmm...
I wouldn't mind having an "Xplosion" match with Velv...

...never mind.
It'd be over faster than a Mike Tyson fight.

Fuck me.....an "Xplosion" belt now...thats how desperate we are getting for ratings now...reminds me of Vince's stupid tactics of 1996.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #849 on: May 24, 2011, 01:23:02 PM »
Fuck me.....an "Xplosion" belt now...thats how desperate we are getting for ratings now...reminds me of Vince's stupid tactics of 1996.
and once again history repeats itself in the entertainment/wrestling biz. it's only a matter of time before bishoff brings back glacier.
F