Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159683 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #900 on: June 04, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
suprise, suprise.....

Jeff Hardy's drug case has been continued yet again. Hardy's lawyers were in court earlier this week and it was revealed that a new date of June 27th has been set.

During the April 21st court hearing, Moore County Sentencing Services program administrator Becky Carlson told the court she needed until June 1st to finish Hardy's evaluation. She apparently missed that deadline so they'll be back in court on June 27th.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #901 on: June 06, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
Tommy Dreamer is still appearing on the TNA house show Basebrawl events this weekend, but after that he is done with the company. Dreamer posted the following on his twitter…

"If u need a reason 2 go 2 TNA shows on 6/10 Marion, Ill & 6/11 Memphis TN. They will b my last 2 appearances for TNA. Come say goodbye. Thnx"

Word is that the two sides could not come to an agreement on terms for a new contract. Dreamer debuted with TNA in June of 2010, and besides working as a wrestler, he worked as a producer/agent for the company. You can go to Dreamer's official website for information on booking him.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #902 on: June 06, 2011, 07:39:41 PM »
As previously reported, Mick Foley is indeed finished with TNA as an on-air character, having requested his release from the company. While his contract is not set to expire until September, WZ has learned some exclusive details on Foley's possible future after TNA.

According to a key WWE insider, there have been talks of bringing Foley back to the company as an "ambassador" for WWE. Over the past few weeks, Foley has been Tweeting with several WWE stars such as The Rock, hinting that he'd be at Raw for Rock's birthday celebration, and he even took at shot at TNA not too long ago when he compared an empty arena to a TNA house show.

The key insider told us this evening, "the feeling in the company is that Foley will be brought back to WWE as an ambassador, and I would be very surprised if he's not in that role by the end of the year, after his TNA deal expires."

WZ will keep you updated as this story continues to develop.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #903 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:45 PM »
There has been some controversy and debate over Hulk Hogan's official Facebook account. The following was posted to a fan on Sunday

"That's good to know brother. But in reality it was a lot of you idiot fans that killed wcw with your lack of appreciation and support for everything we did for you. Funny enough a lot of you morons like TNA too. Go figure. HH"

That quote was later taken down off of his Facebook page as Hogan then made posts claiming his account was hacked.

"Something so evil to hurt me or my fans.I assure you I would never say anything so evil about the great fans that I love and have made my career. I have nothing but love and respect for each and every HH fan.maby somebody that knows the INS and outs of computers can get to the Bottom of this and find out who is trying to hurt my fans and my career,thank you HULKAMANIACS nothing but love and respect. HH"

Hogan later posted:
"Hulkamaniacs - I have verified that my account was not hacked, and the posted screen shot was made by a person who was banned from this page due to abusive behavior. The screen shot was photo shopped, and the statement was NEVER made by me. You all make what we do worthwhile. HH"

credit: wrestlezone.com

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #904 on: June 09, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
Source: RealXPac.com

About a week or two ago, Sean Waltman (a.k.a. X-Pac, Syxx, and Syxx-Pac) opened up his own website and, along with it, a personal blog. The blog is one of the better professional wrestling blogs that I’ve read because Waltman is totally honest in his assessment of certain individuals and companies.

For example, after a heart-wrenching revelation where Waltman revealed some details about his personal life, he went on to criticize iMPACT Wrestling on a variety of fronts. Here is the text from the portion of that blog entry which deals specifically with iMPACT Wrestling:

Mick has been in the headlines a lot in the last few days regarding Impact(TNA)Wrestling. I hear that some of the higher ups in that company describe Mick as hard to work with. That sounds like code for “Mick is too smart for us to bamboozle & is a threat to all of us who are failing miserably at producing a quality product that people want to watch” if you ask me. Mick has been misused & treated like s*** by that company, considering his accomplishments inside & outside of our industry. For instance, when Scott Hall & I came back last January to reunite the Wolfpac in the lamest attempt at picking a fight with WWE I’ve ever seen, they had us get to Mick in a pre taped backstage segment. I thought “Sweet, obviously we’re going to work with Mick in some way, or this makes no sense at all” Well, sure as the sun sets in the west, Mick got absolutely no payback on us & the integrity of his character on tv would have really been damaged if anyone had actually been watching the product. That company has shown Mick Foley no respect in my opinion & are totally unworthy of even having him associated with them. I promise 100 times more people know who Mick Foley is than have ever heard of TNA. Oh, I mean “Impact Wrestling”. So they finally decided to change the name. Another example of how pathetic they are. People with a brain have been telling them since the time they signed with Spike that if they are ever going to change the name, it should happen with the move to Spike network. Now it’s just confusing. But back to Mick. Mick has also been a proponent of actually giving the people watching the show (who have to be die hard “wrestling” fans to even tolerate watching that shiz) some “wrestling”. After all, the one thing TNA (I’m not even bothering to call them Impact for the rest of this blog, if ever) is rich in, is talent that can put on great matches in the ring. Keep s***ting on your fan base and your talent TNA. You don’t deserve Mick Foley, or a lot of the other great guys you have there & one day you will simply exist in WWE’s vast tape library. Mick, you are too good for them & although WWE is far from perfect & it sucked doing commentary with Vince yelling in your ear, you are a future Hall of Fame’r & I would personally love to see you back there. Thanks for reading my blog everyone. Bare with me on typos & the like. Remember, I never got past the 8th grade.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #905 on: June 09, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »
That is pretty good considering the source.  I am not a Foley fan, but I suspect he is correct.  That almost gives me a little respect for the guy.  I said almost, Show.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #906 on: June 09, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »
That is pretty good considering the source.  I am not a Foley fan, but I suspect he is correct.  That almost gives me a little respect for the guy.  I said almost, Show.
Foley is a glorified stuntman. Flair was right on the money with that one.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #907 on: June 09, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »

I agree... I am not saying he's not a nice guy... He is... The couple of times i met him, he was like a big kid and lots of fun, but he's not really very skillful in the ring.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #908 on: June 09, 2011, 03:02:49 PM »

Absolutely.  I said that a long time ago and it was cool to hear Natch say the same thing.  OF course, he said he would be done by 35 and it was actually 33, so he was off a little.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #909 on: June 13, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »
TNA has just confirmed that Mick Foley will be leaving the company.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #910 on: June 13, 2011, 04:50:33 PM »
yeah i heard bischoff and hogan announce that in a in ring interview.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #911 on: June 13, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
Slammiversary results

Shelley and Storm def British Invasion
Morgan def Steiner
Abyss retains x division title
Mickie James retains
Bully Ray def Styles Last Man Standing
Anderson wins title
Angle def Jarrett

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #912 on: June 14, 2011, 04:46:01 AM »

We welcome you back to the Federation with open arms Mick. Looking forward to seeing You vs. Taker Hell in the Cell II for Takers 20th win.
I doubt it. He cannot even bend down to tie his shoes he is so broken from the years of ring abuse.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: June 17, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
LOP.net

-- Desmond Wolfe has been removed from ImpactWrestling.com's roster page. This is often an indication that a wrestler has parted ways with TNA Wrestling.

Wolfe has been sidelined from in-ring competition since September due to medical leave. He resurfaced on TNA programming last month as the commissioner of Xplosion.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #914 on: June 17, 2011, 11:37:28 PM »
LOP.net

-- Desmond Wolfe has been removed from ImpactWrestling.com's roster page. This is often an indication that a wrestler has parted ways with TNA Wrestling.

Wolfe has been sidelined from in-ring competition since September due to medical leave. He resurfaced on TNA programming last month as the commissioner of Xplosion.

LOP.net

he got released because he's still not medically cleared to wrestle.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #915 on: June 23, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »
pwtorch-

TNA wrestler Matt Hardy was suspended from last week's TNA Impact Wrestling tapings, reports Prowrestling.net.

The reported reasons are Hardy showing up late to recent TNA live events and members of TNA management unhappy with Hardy's recent taser video he posted online.

Last week, Hardy framed his absence from TNA programming as taking some vacation time. Hardy posted on Twitter over the weekend:

"Between dates, injuries, & outside issues, I'm gonna have a few week off & I'm ecstatic! The Matt Hardy Movement is going into full effect!"

Hardy is also expected to miss the next set of tapings next Monday and Tuesday, June 27 and 28, but that's subject to change.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #916 on: June 23, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
Former TNA wrestler Jay Lethal described his departure from TNA as a non-political "mutual split" in an interview with the Busted Open satellite radio show this week promoting Sunday's Ring of Honor PPV in New York City.

“Everybody wants to know the answer to that question (leaving TNA) and I don’t think I’m ready to just quite give the full full answer," Lethal said.

"All I can say right now is we’ve come to an agreement and they’ve decided it would be best for both parties if we mutually split. Nothing against them, I had honestly what I could say to be the greatest day of my life with the company. That chapter of my life with TNA is now closed and I’m looking forward to the future and it starts in Manhattan with Ring of Honor.”

Asked if politics were involved, Lethal replied, "I can honestly say with 100 percent certainty no it did not. That has nothing to do with it."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #917 on: June 26, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »
Wrestlezone.com reported yesterday that Matt Hardy was asking for fans to tweet him if they had asked for a refund at recent TNA house shows because he wasn't on them.  It seemed like a matter of time before "someone" else in TNA responded to that. 

It finally did by way of Abyss as he posted the following on his Twitter: 
"Our roster of talent is the best and brings everything they have to the ring everynite and our Impact live events give the fans alot for their money. No refunds required or requested. Thanks for being great fans no matter whos on the show. You guys are the best".

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #918 on: June 27, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
Abyss has a Twitter page. Lol!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: June 27, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
Spike TV Looking At Purchasing A Majority Stake In TNA Wrestling: Source

By Michael Norway on 06/25/2011 6:54 pm in TNA News / no comments

According to a source I spoke to exclusively within the past few days close to TNA Impact Wrestling — and news that Spike TV’s flagship franchise UFC is looking like it will be leaving the network by the end of this year — TNA’s broadcast home in the United States is looking at the possibility of purchasing a majority stake in TNA.

Panda Energy is currently the company that continues to back TNA, but Spike TV apparently is aware of all the issues that is happening within the company with Spike being able to do very little with the company besides give “suggestions”. If Spike were to purchase a majority stake in the company, they could seriously clean house, a source tells me exclusively here at WrestleHeat.com.

As noted previously here on the website, TNA is looking a releasing a large proportion of its talent due to financial issues with the company. A source notes that TNA President Dixie Carter’s mother, Janice Carter, has been “hounding” her daughter to make some cuts within the company in order to clean house instead of employing names that aren’t regularly on television. We noted earlier that Janice wants to cut at least 20 names from the company in a previous report.

TNA has partnered with Spike TV since 2005, years after they aired one-hour broadcasts on FOX Sports Net and then shortly aired shows on the Internet before they partnered with Spike around the time that WWE left the network. Despite the large ratings gape between WWE and TNA, both USA Network and Spike TV are roughly available in the homes of 99 million people.

Source:

http://wrestleheat.com/spike-tv-purchasi....ing-source=8350

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #920 on: July 02, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
Kurt Angle Addresses His Olympic Chances & More
by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 06/29/2011 - 03:51 PM

As noted earlier here on the website, TNA star Kurt Angle is looking to make history next summer as he will be trying out for the United States Olympic team. Angle recently spoke with ZooToday.com about the possibility:

"I definitely think I will be an underdog. I am not going to be one of the guys picked to make the team and definitely not one of the guys picked to win a medal. When I was in the Atlanta Olympics I was already a world champion so there were high expectations when it came for me to perform. A lot of people didn’t know about the broken neck because I simply didn’t want anyone to know about it at the time."

Angle said competing for a spot on the team will be a challenge as he's in his mid 40's:

"It’s kind of like a Rocky Balboa underdog story, because like Rocky if I get to the Olympics I have nothing to lose. One advantage I’ll have is that I’ve been through it all before but for me not having the pressure this time round to win the gold medal will make it a better experience. I can enjoy it this time and enjoy the training. I won’t be in a place where I say 'Oh gosh I need to go to the gym today'. I can kind of enjoy it and have a passion for it this time."

Source:

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/311383845.shtml

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #921 on: July 02, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
Report: TNA Wants Jeff Hardy To Enter Rehab + More
by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 06/30/2011 - 04:58 PM

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to a backstage source, TNA Wrestling officials want Jeff Hardy to enter a rehabilitation facility.

Hardy, who was accompanied by his wife, appeared at the Moore County Courthouse in Moore County, North Carolina on Monday to face drug trafficking charges related to his September 2009 arrest. His court hearing was once again pushed back. Something was supposed to go down today but we haven't heard anything as of this writing.

As of now, all signs point to a deal being reached with Hardy agreeing to undergo some type of drug rehabilitation. We shall see.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #922 on: July 02, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »
Kurt Angle Addresses His Olympic Chances & More
by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 06/29/2011 - 03:51 PM

As noted earlier here on the website, TNA star Kurt Angle is looking to make history next summer as he will be trying out for the United States Olympic team. Angle recently spoke with ZooToday.com about the possibility:

"I definitely think I will be an underdog. I am not going to be one of the guys picked to make the team and definitely not one of the guys picked to win a medal. When I was in the Atlanta Olympics I was already a world champion so there were high expectations when it came for me to perform. A lot of people didn’t know about the broken neck because I simply didn’t want anyone to know about it at the time."

Angle said competing for a spot on the team will be a challenge as he's in his mid 40's:

"It’s kind of like a Rocky Balboa underdog story, because like Rocky if I get to the Olympics I have nothing to lose. One advantage I’ll have is that I’ve been through it all before but for me not having the pressure this time round to win the gold medal will make it a better experience. I can enjoy it this time and enjoy the training. I won’t be in a place where I say 'Oh gosh I need to go to the gym today'. I can kind of enjoy it and have a passion for it this time."

Source:

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/311383845.shtml

How can Angle get past the drug testing for the olypic team? He has a Rx for hgh and it has been arrested with it in his possesion before.
sept 10th APF

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #923 on: July 02, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »
How can Angle get past the drug testing for the olypic team? He has a Rx for hgh and it has been arrested with it in his possesion before.

All he's got to do is deny using it "lately."
Unless they've recently developed a procedure, I don't believe the IOC is capable of testing for hGH.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #924 on: July 03, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »
Possible Issues Between Ric Flair & TNA?
by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 07/02/2011 - 01:12 AM

Credit: Mike Johnson & PWInsider

As noted several minutes ago here on the website, TNA returned to MCU Park in Brooklyn, NY for a Basebrawl event. It was a very good and entertaining show with the only downside being that Ric Flair, who was the focal point of advertising and was pushed as appearing, did not appear before the live crowd.

Flair was there and did a signing for VIP ticketholders that purchased a special ticket but did not come out before the crowd, although both Don West and Jeremy Borash plugged that he would.

The word making the rounds after the show was that Flair had turned down the request to come out before the crowd and left the venue before the show ended.

More on this developing story the AM...........

Ric Flair-TNA Update/Problems?, Details Inside
by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 07/03/2011 - 12:30 AM

Source(s): TNAWrestlingNews.com & The Wrestling Observer

Ric Flair was in Asbury Park, NJ for last night's (Saturday) TNA house show. At this time, there is no detailed explanation as to why he did not appear before fans at Friday night's event in Brooklyn.

Flair claims that he was never told he would be appearing before the crowd last night. He then refused to go out when told to do so.

One TNAWrestlingNews.com source told us that Flair was "acting like a Hollywood Diva".