Author Topic: Mentzer owning Schwarzenigger?  (Read 13372 times)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Re: Mentzer owning Schwarzenigger?
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2009, 09:47:46 AM »
Made some good points selling the HIT concept, but didnt he also believe that with the added exercise routine, one would only need an additional 7grams of protein a day to compensate? Literally, like one extra egg?

He was talking about average gains in a yearly period for a natural and went on to explain biologically the amount of protein or aminos contained within one pound of muscle. There is studies that actually support the idea that trained athletes require LESS protein than non-trained athletes in SOME cases. This is because of the efficiency in their recylcing of aminos.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »
 ;)

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »
No matter what happened to him later in life, no one can deny...that is an amazing physique there.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »
No matter what happened to him later in life, no one can deny...that is an amazing physique there.
One Thick dude for sure

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »

QFT. Rugged, strong and HEALTHY looking. That's what bodybuilding should be about.

dustin

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2009, 07:42:22 PM »
QFT. Rugged, strong and HEALTHY looking. That's what bodybuilding should be about.

That's the look I'm shooting for, the thick-as-a-mother-fucker look. Mentzer owned that look.

Hope that crazy bastard's pumpin' in peace. PIP

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »
Yip yip built pussy wreaked there.
A

Alex23

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
Mods please press play and lock this thread down.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2009, 05:13:53 AM »

mentzer dripping with muscle there

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2009, 06:46:20 AM »
The joke was on him and H.I.T

Arnold's will beat him and his superior mind. Let's entertain he did beat Arnold in 1980 what now? he beat a very sub-par Arnold Yipppeeeee he couldn't touch Arnold at his best so either way Mentzer - fail

Beat Arnold?

He couldn't even be a SUB-PAR Frank Zane or a substantially smaller Chris Dickerson. Why do some of these Mentzer folks keep forgetting that he placed FIFTH?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 06:52:52 AM »
He was talking about average gains in a yearly period for a natural and went on to explain biologically the amount of protein or aminos contained within one pound of muscle. There is studies that actually support the idea that trained athletes require LESS protein than non-trained athletes in SOME cases. This is because of the efficiency in their recylcing of aminos.

If the average natural trainer follows Mentzer's HIT advice, he'll quit within two weeks.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 06:54:39 AM »
Ha! Mentzer having the last laugh.

Wait ...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 12:50:55 PM »
One is in the dirt, the other is the governor of the entire state ....
L

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »
One is in the dirt

... remembered mostly for drinking pee.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »
Beat Arnold?

He couldn't even be a SUB-PAR Frank Zane or a substantially smaller Chris Dickerson. Why do some of these Mentzer folks keep forgetting that he placed FIFTH?

Because just because he placed fifth doesn't mean he was the fifth best bodybuilder onstage.

Zane looked 120 pounds at that show and he beat Mentzer? Watch the video dude (oh but wait they don't show the legs in that video i wonder why. Plus they dub the booing at the end).

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »
Mike was thick and had a very impressive physique........

But...........

While I respect Mentzer for thinking on his own rather than just accepting the traditional methods, he always came off very bitter and jealous of Arnold.  In my opinion he couldn't measure up to Arnold on his best day even when Arnold was at 75% in 1980.  All bullshit aside.  Mentzer couldn't even beat Zane.  He finished 5th, period.  Not 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  The facts are the facts.  I don't like what ifs and BS about fixed contests.  Every competitor thinks that they should have won, but 5th place is 5th fucking place.   
Come at me Bro!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2009, 05:52:50 AM »
Mike was thick and had a very impressive physique........

But...........

While I respect Mentzer for thinking on his own rather than just accepting the traditional methods, he always came off very bitter and jealous of Arnold.  In my opinion he couldn't measure up to Arnold on his best day even when Arnold was at 75% in 1980.  All bullshit aside.  Mentzer couldn't even beat Zane.  He finished 5th, period.  Not 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  The facts are the facts.  I don't like what ifs and BS about fixed contests.  Every competitor thinks that they should have won, but 5th place is 5th fucking place.   

In pics where Arnold is at his biggest it always looks like somebody shrunk his head.  ;D

BOOM!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2009, 07:03:56 AM »
here is a recent pic of Mentzer ............

8)
L

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2009, 07:08:12 AM »

Not an Amazing upperbody compared to the average pro BB.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 07:15:46 AM »
Not an Amazing upperbody compared to the average pro BB.
No..not size wise and I was referring more to his era plus the fact that that is a physique lots of people would want to have. Not everyone wants to look like the pregnant gutted average pro of today.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2009, 07:17:52 AM »
No..not size wise and I was referring more to his era plus the fact that that is a physique lots of people would want to have. Not everyone wants to look like the pregnant gutted average pro of today.

X2

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2009, 07:31:08 AM »
Because just because he placed fifth doesn't mean he was the fifth best bodybuilder onstage.

Zane looked 120 pounds at that show and he beat Mentzer? Watch the video dude (oh but wait they don't show the legs in that video i wonder why. Plus they dub the booing at the end).

Mentzer had no chance of winning that show. If Arnold weren't there, Chris Dickerson would have picked up a Sandow, two years earlier than he actually did. Zane had already bested Mentzer TWICE before to win two Olympias.

If you can't beat a sub-par Zane, you ain't beating Arnold Schwarzenegger, PERIOD.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2009, 07:33:36 AM »
Ehm one went completely nuts in the 80's, died in 2001 probably flat broke, the other one won 7 mr. Olympias, became one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood with a trademark look and sound that's known over the entire world and now is the two time governor of California.

Who got owned here?

LOL, for real.... one went insane because he couldn't win a 'bodybuilding' contest...nuff said.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
LOL, for real.... one went insane because he couldn't win a 'bodybuilding' contest...nuff said.

The way I understand it, Mentzer lost the Mr O in 1980, then lost his business, and girlfriend and parents enough to drive anyone crazy.

Bast175

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2009, 03:17:29 PM »
Beat Arnold?

hey got screwed on placing probably because he called out Arnold and Joe Weider for being butt-buddies.