Author Topic: Houston, TX - planning to move  (Read 13622 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Houston, TX - planning to move
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »
Im planning on moving and was thinking texas. Many reasons. Can anyone tell me if this is the spot? Im close to 30 yrs old, so Austin seems a bit youngish for me. I want someplace nice with a good local economy, hot single females and a nice nightlife. Nothing too crazy, but not someplace boring either. I live on the west coast so im used to being close to the ocean and yes that does matter.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:15:44 PM »
Im planning on moving and was thinking texas. Many reasons. Can anyone tell me if this is the spot? Im close to 30 yrs old, so Austin seems a bit youngish for me. I want someplace nice with a good local economy, hot single females and a nice nightlife. Nothing too crazy, but not someplace boring either. I live on the west coast so im used to being close to the ocean and yes that does matter.
This is a question more suited for Aaron Singerman and or The Great G o a t b o y.

- Block!
?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »
i have lived in the area since i was born. Houston has something for everyone. Austin sucks balls, san marcos(TX) is better.

i really like to go to rice village on Friday with three good friends and make our rounds bar to bar. its really more of a college crowd, but who doesn't love fucking college girls.

if you want to go cougar hunting check out wild wild west on the Richmond strip....it is very close to "the gentleman's club".

let me know if you move down.

bench

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 07:50:02 PM »
the west coast to texas...pretty much the opposite of what i want to do lol.
things you will find here that never even crossed your mind on the west coast:

1.HORRIBLE weather. 8 month summers, super hot, humid as fuck, even all night. forget about opening your windows at night(or ever). prepare for ridiculous heat day and night, sweat like you wouldnt believe in all sorts of day to day situations. unlike west coast you will not want to go outside, ever. wont want to get a table outside, wont want to walk from the parking lot to your car(much less get in your ovencar), wont want to go outside for anything really, ever. about 30 days a year total of good, west coast weather. 30.

2. mosquitos. flying insects , by the cloudfulls that are immediately drawn to humans and will suck your blood, and leave itchy welts all over your exposed skin. there is no escape, and nothing you can do to prevent it. about 8 months of year, if you are outside for more than a few minutes you will be bitten by mosquitos.

3. allergies. ive spoken to MANY people from the west coast, didnt even know what allergies were till they got to texas. expect for shitload more sneezing, runny/stuff nose, itchy puffy eyes, etc. central texas is known as a 'perfect storm' place for allergies, houston isnt much better.

4.heres the ONE good thing about texas. its (relatively) cheap. you will get more space and bigger housing for your money, and parking is generally easy anywhere. why is it so cheap? for one, it is a huge state with lots of space. but also because there are so many more desirable places to live...see the reasons above.i find that although you get more house for your money, your not really 'happier' because of the climate, insects, allergies, generally mundane landscapes and the cities are 90% sprawling, unaesthetic and pretty much not too pretty in general, in stark contrast to 90% of the west coast.

if i were you unless you have some strong reason to come here, id DEFINITELY recommend staying on the west coat.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »
monica brant lives in lakeway on the west end of austin. this is near lake travis. the area is beautiful. close to city center yet laid back and open. the lake goes on for miles and there are golf courses, restaurants and homes all along it. if i moved to texas this would be the area.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »
exactly hazbin, the lake areas of austin are probably the only really good parts of texas.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
exactly hazbin, the lake areas of austin are probably the only really good parts of texas.

Eat Shit.. Houston is the bomb.... I've lived here since 97.... Good place to live... meet a chick, settle down here. Austin is too liberal, San Antonio has too many mexicans... Dallas is ok, but the economy is better in Houston than anywhere else in Tx...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 08:58:29 PM »
She might have been from Houston.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »
a good friend of mine lived in houston for 6 years and hated it, he said dallas was much nicer

E
E

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
dallas is much nicer

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
  Houston was named fattest city in the nation 3 years in a row..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 09:08:45 PM »
Ive lived in Houston my whole life and its a great place, night life is always bumping from trendy bars and clubs to local dive bars. Ive never had a complaint about the ladies and like I said there are plenty of bars and clubs depending on your taste. Plenty of shit to do from Pro sports to outdoor activities to the fuking BBQ's you probably havent experienced BBQ till you come to Texas good food and good ppl for the most part.

Now matrix is right about the weather, its humid as ish down here the majority of the year and it gets damn hot and can stay that way for months. Other then that im going to have to call matrix a little bitch  ;D the mosquitos arent any worse then other places really but they can bad.

You might miss the beaches the only thing we have close is galveston and ahhh you can even see your feet standing in 2 feet of water. I dont really call that a beach but its fun to go hang out and bbq and drink with some friends.

Look up mid town, rice village, washington avenue, downtown and houston night life to get an idea of the night life.

feel free to pm me if you have any other questions

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »
a good friend of mine lived in houston for 6 years and hated it, he said dallas was much nicer

E
Dallas is shitty, horrible freeway system, not shit to do, higher cost of living, etc...I guess it depends on who you are but imho dallas isnt even a nice place to visit.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 09:12:13 PM »
Corpus Christi...
South Padre islands....

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Austin, TX - nice!
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 09:17:44 PM »
HOOK EM  8)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 10:04:33 PM »
Corpus Christi...
South Padre islands....

LOL  ::) Corpus fuking Christi hahahhaha

south padre is crap I went down there for spring break one year and besides the bitches running around seemed like a shit hole.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 10:19:26 PM »
LOL  ::) Corpus fuking Christi hahahhaha

south padre is crap I went down there for spring break one year and besides the bitches running around seemed like a shit hole.
my best friends family pretty much runs things down there($$$$$) if we go there for spring break this year i will let you know, and show you the shit you really need to see on padre island ;)

tourist never get to see the real party scene, you have to be well known and local.......and then its awesome.

bench

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Dancer, TX
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »
great little movie.  put it on your netflix list

(because there can never be too many texas threads)

Alex23

Corpus Christi, TX
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »
Looks like it's at south Tip of the US.

Spend half a day there but looks nice...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Corpus Christi, TX
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »
I don't know what is up with the Hubble images but the song is somewhat relevant...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Anybody thought of Fort Worth, TX lately?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »

Alex23

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 10:59:53 PM »
I don't know what is up with the Hubble images but the song is somewhat relevant...

That's some sweet hubble pics to watch with the buzz I've got going on...

thanks polychromotoeospfifdsdsh fiuhewpulpus.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 11:02:17 PM »
That's some sweet hubble pics to watch with the buzz I've got going on...

thanks polychromotoeospfifdsdsh fiuhewpulpus.

Anytime king!  8)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Dancer, TX
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 11:04:16 PM »
all of you are followers   ::) ::) ;) ;)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 11:05:02 PM »
South pardre FTW. I think I saw Ronnie there years ago. Dude look just like him and was even wearing posing trunks. I didn't go say hi, becuase I was with my friends checking out chicks. Anyway, dude have a hot chick with him.
A