Author Topic: question for website-developers  (Read 3983 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
question for website-developers
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
how hard is it to make a facebook type of program? and how does it work getting paid for clicks on your website?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: question for website-developers
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »
It's a fair bit of work to make something like facebook.  Pay per click is when the advertiser pays your host every time their ad is clicked.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
It's a fair bit of work to make something like facebook.  Pay per click is when the advertiser pays your host every time their ad is clicked.

how do you explain that facebook made so much profit then, there arent that much adds there

Bast175

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 05:07:25 PM »
how do you explain that facebook made so much profit then, there arent that much adds there

There are 65 million users.     And there is a shitload of work behind facebook.  Some of the top programmers in the world have worked on it I imagine, and a lot of programmers have worked on it.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
There are 65 million users.     And there is a shitload of work behind facebook.  Some of the top programmers in the world have worked on it I imagine, and a lot of programmers have worked on it.

as far as ive read, some teenager made it and got like 200 mil for it, ok so the buyer saw the potential, but there arent any adds yet on facebook, is that the only way to make money on the net?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »
There are a million ads on facebook...the whole bloody place is one large ad. My own biz is working on putting our ads up on FB.

The initial programming was done by a few college buddies I believe, but as the user base grew larger so did the staff needed to maintain a project of that size.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 09:39:22 PM »
how hard is it to make a facebook type of program?

Pretty easy. Wire me couple of grand and I should be able to get it done before the weekend. PM me for details.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:47:16 AM »
Pretty easy. Wire me couple of grand and I should be able to get it done before the weekend. PM me for details.

LOL~~

I get people asking me about building a facebook-type thing now and then.  Way above my skill and pay grade.  You need a true programmer for that.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »
how hard is it to make a facebook type of program? and how does it work getting paid for clicks on your website?

Get a Bachelor degree in Computer Science so that you'll have a good programming foundation.  Then learn some of these:

* ASP (Microsoft proprietary)
    * ColdFusion (Adobe proprietary, formerly Macromedia)
    * CGI and/or Perl (open source)
    * C Server Scripts (TrustLeap G-WAN, freeware)
    * Java, e.g. J2EE or WebObjects
    * Lotus Domino
    * PHP (open source)
    * Python, e.g. Django (web framework) (open source)
    * Ruby, e.g. Ruby on Rails (open source)
    * Smalltalk e.g. Seaside, AIDA/Web
    * SSJS Server-Side JavaScript, e.g. Aptana Jaxer, Mozilla Rhino
    * Websphere (IBM proprietary)
    * .NET (Microsoft proprietary)

.NET programmers usually have good job opportunities.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »
You can find turnkey programs, but scaling your server needs can be murder.
Almost always, yes.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 03:56:25 AM »
Easier idea: click on the "Powered by SMF" link on the bottom of any Getbig page and download the source code. Register a domain name & within 5 minutes you can set up a Getbig-like board on some cheap hosting service with PHP any MySql support, and launch your own forum!
Then, all you have to do is to "wait" till 10000000 users register and discuss things like "hottest pro bodybuilder past & present" over 10000 pages.  :D

Some banners here and there, and you will be a billionaire and also an omnipotent, respected, feared admin!!!